E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Where to get e92 pre-LCI headlight LENS only?

04-04-2016, 04:24 PM   #1
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335i e92 N54 A/T

Where to get e92 pre-LCI headlight LENS only?

My lenses are old and worn. I am in need of new ones. I have tried wet sanding mine and it's better but not perfect.

I talked to Luis at OSS designs and he stated he can get brand new headlight lenses. I was just wondering what his source might be and if it's truly OEM?

I didn't ask him cause I didn't want to probe and wanted to first ask the community here.
      04-04-2016, 05:09 PM   #2
danny4327
Private
Rep
Drives: 08 335i xDrive

i've only seen these http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-HEADLIGH...dWj5Cc&vxp=mtr
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:23 AM   #3
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by danny4327 View Post
Yea me 2
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 07:41 AM   #4
whosdady
Major
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe

I purchased some from eBay and they look amazing. (It took about 3 weeks to receive after the order)

I have yet to have my headlights redone. (I can't decide on a company) But once I do, I will have them install the new lenses when they seal everything back up...

OSS seems to be the most expensive, longest turn around and the hardest to communicate with. How have they been for you so far?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 08:14 AM   #5
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by whosdady View Post
I purchased some from eBay and they look amazing. (It took about 3 weeks to receive after the order)

I have yet to have my headlights redone. (I can't decide on a company) But once I do, I will have them install the new lenses when they seal everything back up...

OSS seems to be the most expensive, longest turn around and the hardest to communicate with. How have they been for you so far?
You ordered pre LCI lenses?
I haven't worked with OSS, only light werkz in New Jersey and didn't come away happy... Not with them or their work but with the OEM projector. You see I asked for a retrofit and they weren't interested. Stating that a retrofit is near impossible as our headlight don't have much room and plus the lights are adaptive. They also stated I'd probably be happy with a clear lens zkw. Well, needless to say, I still want a projector retrofit. There was no spacing on the ZKW lens they installed. And, although the cutoff is sharper now. The end of the cutoff still bows down and it's just not what I was hoping for. I come from a modified retrofitted Lexus IS headlight that had s2k projectors, custom bent cutoff shields, clear lens with modified spacing. So the result was so much more light output compared to these OEM projectors with ZKW lens. That's not lightwerkz fault.
Also my lenses came back dusty on the inside although they stated they cleaned the inner lens. However, I admit my lenses are from 2010 and in their defense there's only so much that can be done to clean them up. Compounded by the fact that they painted my headlight plastics gloss black which really shows all the minute dust particles and my OCD just has a way with seeing it.
I started talks to oss because he's the only one willing to do eyebrow with built in turn signals & square halo's. Lightwerkz wouldn't do that either. But I'm glad they, lightwerkz were honest in telling me they weren't comfortable with doing that kind of work.
Lightwerkz did do a great job with paint and with the install of the ZKW lens. So I can for sure recommend them. They won't over sale and under deliver. They stuck with exactly what I asked them to modify and declined any other modifications they didn't feel comforable with.

Regardless, I have got to get new lenses as mine are pitting and one is pretty wickedly discolored.

Last edited by J. Dub; 04-05-2016 at 04:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 09:20 AM   #6
whosdady
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Quote:

You ordered pre LCI lenses?
I haven't worked with OSS, only light werkz in New Jersey and wasn't that impress. Then again I asked for a retrofit and they weren't interested. Stating I'd probably be happy with a clear lens zkw. Well, needless to say, I still want a projector retrofit.
And my lenses came back dusty on the inside although they stated they cleaned the inner lens.
I talked to oss because he's the only one willing to do eyebrow with built in turn signals. Lightwerkz wouldn't do that either.
Yes, I purchased pri lci e92 lenses off of eBay and they are perfect. If I had to complain it would be the time it took to get them from Europe. (About 3 weeks) So just make sure you have them in hand before you remove your lights...

How did you communicate with OSS? Do you have a pic of what you are looking to do? I want the halos that change color and maybe lenses that do as well? And the lci signals. I'm not sold on the raptor style yet?
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 02:27 PM   #7
J. Dub
Bob Saget
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I purchased pri lci e92 lenses off of eBay and they are perfect. If I had to complain it would be the time it took to get them from Europe. (About 3 weeks) So just make sure you have them in hand before you remove your lights...

How did you communicate with OSS? Do you have a pic of what you are looking to do? I want the halos that change color and maybe lenses that do as well? And the lci signals. I'm not sold on the raptor style yet?
I had to email them on facebook because I never reached him or Pati via regular email.
Nice, I will look for those lenses you found. Did your lenses feel the same as the ones you got on ebay? Same material? whosdady
      04-05-2016, 07:36 PM   #8
whosdady
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Dub
Quote:

I had to email them on facebook because I never reached him or Pati via regular email.
Nice, I will look for those lenses you found. Did your lenses feel the same as the ones you got on ebay? Same material? whosdady
I can't see or feel a difference from my oem lenses on my car now...
Appreciate 1