E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > e93 Adaptive Headlight Error and No Passenger Light

04-03-2016, 12:50 PM   #1
calforhelp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E93 335is

e93 Adaptive Headlight Error and No Passenger Light

A few months ago I was getting pretty bad condensation in my passenger headlight. I was busy and didn't have time to address it for a while. Eventually I got an adaptive headlight error and my passenger low beam would not turn on.

Took the housing apart and all of the modules at the bottom of the housing were filled with water. I bought a used set of modules on eBay, installed, the only difference is now the projector pans left and right but makes grinding noises, it seems to be miscalibrated. I still get the adaptive error and the bulb refuses to light.

I'd like to get the adaptive working but I don't want to spend more money doing so. For now I just have it coded out and that error is gone. But my passenger side low beam still does not light while on the passenger side.

If I plug the passenger side housing into the driver side plug then the light works and everything is normal. So I don't think it is a problem with the housing, ballast, or bulb. Angel eyes, cornering light, ambers, turn signal, high beam shield all work just not the headlight bulb.

My main goal right now is getting the passenger side bulb to light then maybe getting the adaptive bs working again.

Anyone have any ideas what is causing this issue? I can't go to the dealer, I'm CPO but I've painted the insides of the headlights and they obviously won't cover that. Thanks guys
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 12:53 PM   #2
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Sounds like you installed a module programmed for the driver's side. May just need coding.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 12:54 PM   #3
calforhelp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thanks for the fast reply. Is that something I can do myself with NCS expert? And would that fix the adaptive issue as well?
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 12:57 PM   #4
MightyMouseTech
Major General
Rep
Drives: 13 135i 6MT LeMans Blue MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by calforhelp
Thanks for the fast reply. Is that something I can do myself with NCS expert? And would that fix the adaptive issue as well?
Unfortunately, I will have to leave that to the coding experts on here.
Appreciate 0
      04-03-2016, 09:55 PM   #5
calforhelp
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. I had to code two things and now it's working 100%. For anyone's future reference:

First. Default the RSMC module.

Second if the headlight isn't turning on.
See this post. The short circuit protection has been tripped and needs reset with Tool32.
Appreciate 0