F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Tracking / Racing / Autocrossing > Quick Connect Racing Harness?
Extreme Powerhouse

04-01-2016, 12:55 AM   #1
rkethe
Rep
Drives: '14 335i xDrive

Quick Connect Racing Harness?

I'm going to be doing my first DEs this year and was hoping to add something like the:

https://www.schrothracing.com/tuning...s/quickfit-pro

But there isn't a specific application for the F30.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Roy
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2016, 11:47 PM   #2
MickAv8r
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 EBII 328ix

Anxiously awaiting the same thing. The only real option I know of is to lock the inertial reel on the 3 point and wait for Schroth to ship a product. I was toying with the idea of using the e90 setup but will wait for an official option.

To lock the inertial wheel, run your seat ALL the way back, and even tilt the seat back a bit. Then tighten the seatbelt tight and give it a good short fast tug to get the belt to lock. While keeping tension on the belt, move the seat bottom forward and tilt seatback back upright into your driving position.

When done right its actually surprisingly good at keeping to upright that said you will sometimes screw it up and not get it tight enough and the lock will release. Happened to me on my last session on the track on Sunday.

2014 328ix EBII - Sport AT, Light Pkg, Blk Dakota, Moonroof, Navigation, Heated Seats, HK Audio, Driver Assist, Sport Pedals, Dinan Springs, Bilstein B8s, M-Performance BBK
Appreciate 2
      04-26-2016, 08:32 AM   #3
42law
Private
Rep
Drives: F31

Cglock? I have one and used on numerous trackdays and at the Nurburgring.http://www.cg-lock.co.uk/app/performance/
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2016, 04:43 PM   #4
Outlaw 06
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: M240i (daily driver)

Here's my suggestion. Race harnesses belong in race cars. When I race, I have all of the required safety equipment. When I do DEs in my street car, I wear a Bell open-face helmet and my street clothes.
      05-26-2016, 12:41 PM   #5
E30toF30
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 528i Executive Edition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 06 View Post
Here's my suggestion. Race harnesses belong in race cars. When I race, I have all of the required safety equipment. When I do DEs in my street car, I wear a Bell open-face helmet and my street clothes.
That is why Schroth makes a quickfit model that is specifically designed to work with stock seats. Its not a "race" harness per say because it is not for a race car.

Anyway, I'm also very interested to see when an F30 specific application as I would love to pick one up for the lapping days too. Considering the F30 has been around for so many years already, I'm surprised they don't already have one.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 03:39 PM   #6
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw 06 View Post
This.
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2016, 08:23 PM   #7
jww///95
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f31xd | f80m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickAv8r
Anxiously awaiting the same thing. The only real option I know of is to lock the inertial reel on the 3 point and wait for Schroth to ship a product. I was toying with the idea of using the e90 setup but will wait for an official option.

To lock the inertial wheel, run your seat ALL the way back, and even tilt the seat back a bit. Then tighten the seatbelt tight and give it a good short fast tug to get the belt to lock. While keeping tension on the belt, move the seat bottom forward and tilt seatback back upright into your driving position.

When done right its actually surprisingly good at keeping to upright that said you will sometimes screw it up and not get it tight enough and the lock will release. Happened to me on my last session on the track on Sunday.
+1

This works surprisingly well. Did this for years before going all in with seats, roll bar, harnesses.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2016, 03:33 PM   #8
Burnt C6
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2024 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickAv8r View Post

I do this all the time when Auto X or DE in the car. Works real well
Appreciate 0