ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

03-29-2016, 10:15 AM   #1
duky
The Tanzanian
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3, Audi RS6, Mini Cooper

Garage List
Car wash/interior clean for apartment dwellers

Live in downtown Boston and I'm wondering what people who live in the city do to clean their car? Right now I'm mainly trying to find a place where I can just go vacuum the interior and stuff myself but also soliciting info on places relatively close where I can go hand wash the car myself. I last had a car in North Carolina where there were a ton of self-service car wash bays but I'm not seeing much here.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 02:25 PM   #2
abnorM4l
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndukyh View Post
Live in downtown Boston and I'm wondering what people who live in the city do to clean their car? Right now I'm mainly trying to find a place where I can just go vacuum the interior and stuff myself but also soliciting info on places relatively close where I can go hand wash the car myself. I last had a car in North Carolina where there were a ton of self-service car wash bays but I'm not seeing much here.
There's a decent car wash in Quincy by exit 8 off 93. I believe it called Super Clean Car Wash. It also has a touchless option which is helpful in the winter time.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 01:16 PM   #3
gerardleary
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M3 ZCP DCT

I've used Hancock Street Touchless Car Wash in Quincy http://www.carwashquincy.com/ and found it good. Have 4 bays to wash car yourself along with Touchless Car Wash. If anyone knows of some place closer to Boston I'd be interested as well.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 02:03 PM   #4
okroger
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: plugged in

this place isnt the closest to dt boston, but it is one of the cleaner facilities in the area.

rarely a line for the self-wash bays, credit card payment accepted, and shoots out insane amounts of soap/detergent/degreaser at good pressure

ive been to a few others and they might sprinkle water out at the highest pressures, and you are lucky to get a few bubbles when set to soap

31 Massachusetts Ave
Lexington, MA 02420
      03-31-2016, 08:21 AM   #5
absoluteis350
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2016 Singapore Grey M3

I havent been there myself, but driven by many times. There is a do-it yourself car wash by the Galleria mall on McGraff Obrien highway, which is really close to you.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2016, 03:13 PM   #6
Bsmith75
Private
Rep
Drives: '18 M3 ZCP & '20 Tesla Model Y

I usually go to the place in East Somerville at 31 Washinton Street. They have ~6 bays, bunch of vacs, and 2 touchless automatic bays if you are in a rush. I always just bring my buckets and gear to do a hand wash in one of the bays.

B.
Appreciate 1