F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > New JB4 1 time glitch??
Extreme Powerhouse

03-26-2016, 11:00 PM   #1
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

So I installed my JB4 on my 13' 35i 6MT with roughly 36k miles. Install was fine asides from that little bastard of an OBD plug. After driving it around 1-3 hear in town not more than 60 I had a bit of a weird thing happen. I went to lay into the gas full on in first and I got up to about 6XXXrpm ( I like to live dangerously) and it was almost like my car lost power for a brief moment. As if I had hit like a fuel cut. Never happened again. No codes thrown. Car is completely stock aside from JB4, MPE and resonator delete (not really a mod). Any ideas? I checked the data log and found no other codes aside from the can flap I had disabled. I am running Map 2 btw.
13' 335i M Sport. EBII/Coral Red 6MT. RPI GT exhaust, Resonator delete, PS1, GFB DV , BM3 Stage 2, ER CP, VRSF DP, VRSF 5.5in Stepped FMIC, Dinan Shockware. Carbon M Performance rear diffuser. M4 trunk lip. Conti DWS06 225/40/19 and 255/35/19
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 12:17 AM   #2
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken_Joe View Post
So I installed my JB4 on my 13' 35i 6MT with roughly 36k miles. Install was fine asides from that little bastard of an OBD plug. After driving it around 1-3 hear in town not more than 60 I had a bit of a weird thing happen. I went to lay into the gas full on in first and I got up to about 6XXXrpm ( I like to live dangerously) and it was almost like my car lost power for a brief moment. As if I had hit like a fuel cut. Never happened again. No codes thrown. Car is completely stock aside from JB4, MPE and resonator delete (not really a mod). Any ideas? I checked the data log and found no other codes aside from the can flap I had disabled. I am running Map 2 btw.
Run it on map 1. You really should not run map 2 unless you have a dp. Also keep in mind, a tune will highlight things like plugs needing a change...most people with tunes tend to change them in the 25k mile range. Not that there is a problem but a couple things to be aware of.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2016, 02:59 AM   #3
Chicken_Joe
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i M Sport. EB 6M

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgoens View Post
Run it on map 1. You really should not run map 2 unless you have a dp. Also keep in mind, a tune will highlight things like plugs needing a change...most people with tunes tend to change them in the 25k mile range. Not that there is a problem but a couple things to be aware of.
Thanks Ill swap It over to tune 1 tomorrow.
Appreciate 0