THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums AUSTRALIA WTB: 235i M-Performance Exhaust or Diffuser?

03-24-2016, 10:51 AM   #1
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2er

WTB: 235i M-Performance Exhaust or Diffuser?

Wanting to buy a MPE or Diffuser if anybody has either and is looking to change their setup please pm me!

Last edited by 2Banger; 03-26-2016 at 08:24 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2016, 08:24 AM   #2
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

title fixed. thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2016, 08:32 AM   #3
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i

Have you tried local shops or online mate?
MPE for M235i around 1.9k - 2.2k (add 500bucks for carbon tips )
M diffuser is around 250 - 500 shmackos depending if you want matt, gloss or carbon fibre finish.
You should consider DP.
A mate of mine has MPE with DP and that thing is amazingly aggressive in spound. The cracks and pops on downshift is intoxicating.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 07:57 AM   #4
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminator335i View Post
Have you tried local shops or online mate?
MPE for M235i around 1.9k - 2.2k (add 500bucks for carbon tips )
M diffuser is around 250 - 500 shmackos depending if you want matt, gloss or carbon fibre finish.
You should consider DP.
A mate of mine has MPE with DP and that thing is amazingly aggressive in spound. The cracks and pops on downshift is intoxicating.
Hahaha i really want to do that but honestly i don't want to do too much so i wanna do MPE and just see how it goes!

But thanks its definitely makes a huge difference catless haha... Im about to seal the deal on MPE tomorrow would be nice if someone local would pop up hahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 08:03 AM   #5
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep

where are u located?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 09:32 AM   #6
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
where are u located?
Goldcoast! yourself?
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 03:57 PM   #7
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger
Quote:
where are u located?
Goldcoast! yourself?
sorry bud...Melbourne.
would've taken my friend's car out for you to hear it Live if you were local. MPE is nice but you gotta wait till it has a break in period first (usually 1000km) . Hope you get it for a good price.
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2016, 06:26 PM   #8
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
sorry bud...Melbourne.
would've taken my friend's car out for you to hear it Live if you were local. MPE is nice but you gotta wait till it has a break in period first (usually 1000km) . Hope you get it for a good price.
Ahh thanks though! Thanks for letting me know -.- install it and then it doesn't even sound good and im thinking i got robbed for 1-2weeks hahaha
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2016, 09:02 PM   #9
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep

its not ridiculously loud like other exhaust. Has a nice crack and burble on sports mode when letting off the throttle (but needs 1000km for it to carbonise before you here it). Also the car is very well insulated (F series models compared to E series) so you wont hear it much inside the cabin, but bystanders will know!!
DP will make it even more noticable (catted or catless). Hope u enjoy the new sound.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2016, 08:41 AM   #10
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
its not ridiculously loud like other exhaust. Has a nice crack and burble on sports mode when letting off the throttle (but needs 1000km for it to carbonise before you here it). Also the car is very well insulated (F series models compared to E series) so you wont hear it much inside the cabin, but bystanders will know!!
DP will make it even more noticable (catted or catless). Hope u enjoy the new sound.
Haha yeah definitely i know its not very loud at all I would ideally like Miltek or Armytrix or something... Heck i've seen videos and for a fact i know even muffler delete (custom) would sound better the MPE

Just want to avoid doing cheap dodgy stuff especially on a BMW to do just a Muffler Delete but at the same time i still want the bubles/crackles without attracting police as i tend to drive how these cars are meant to be driven P-Plate Lifes lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 06:09 AM   #11
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger
Quote:
Haha yeah definitely i know its not very loud at all I would ideally like Miltek or Armytrix or something... Heck i've seen videos and for a fact i know even muffler delete (custom) would sound better the MPE

Just want to avoid doing cheap dodgy stuff especially on a BMW to do just a Muffler Delete but at the same time i still want the bubles/crackles without attracting police as i tend to drive how these cars are meant to be driven P-Plate Lifes lol.
It all depends on your budget.
A full system turbo back (downpipes and catback) is costly, but you get what you pay for.
An axle back like MPE, active autowerkes(no longer in stock I heard), AWE, or Milltek will give you a nice burble but won't annoy your neighbours or attract to much attention form the boys in blue.
I personally like the MPE (especially the carbon tips) as they make the car look sporty and you can tell your cop friends that they are "factory" spec with the 'M' logo on it, but they are pricey for just an axle back. It wouldn't be too pricey if our current Aussie dollar isn't so bad and the shipping cost internationally. I think some online sites advertise them for 900-1100USD.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 07:51 AM   #12
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
It all depends on your budget.
A full system turbo back (downpipes and catback) is costly, but you get what you pay for.
An axle back like MPE, active autowerkes(no longer in stock I heard), AWE, or Milltek will give you a nice burble but won't annoy your neighbours or attract to much attention form the boys in blue.
I personally like the MPE (especially the carbon tips) as they make the car look sporty and you can tell your cop friends that they are "factory" spec with the 'M' logo on it, but they are pricey for just an axle back. It wouldn't be too pricey if our current Aussie dollar isn't so bad and the shipping cost internationally. I think some online sites advertise them for 900-1100USD.
Yeah my exact thoughts the "M" on it hahahah

Im very keen USD Sites selling $858USD atm, But they don't ship to Australia which is silly.

Ive made an enquiry on a used one that was used for like 2 weeks and he was asking $300USD for shipping which is abit ridiculous considering thats half the MPE and ive bought full carbon kit etc and the packaging was like 3x the size/weight and they only asked about that much

Also, came across this tonight i messaged to see if they'd go lower... having showed them being listed for like 900USD lol, if they do they only ask $100 for shipping so i would be interested.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Genuine-B.../281699878793?

After this its a damn diffuser... Saving's havent increased that much since i got this car
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2016, 09:32 AM   #13
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep

Just a heads up my friend...it doesn't stop there!!!
First you go for the exhaust,
Then you itch for an intake,
Then you want new wheels,
Then you wanna drop it,
Then you want carbon bits,
Then you want more power with a tune
Then you go back for a down pipe to compliment that tune
Then you go all out and upgrade the intercooler, chargepipe, fuel pump, throw in meth, fill up with e85 to have a 400+ hp machine...and then it's time to sell her and you realise you shouldn't have splurged all that money on her....
It never ends
Appreciate 2
      04-06-2016, 05:41 PM   #14
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Then you wanna drop it,
Then you go all out and upgrade the intercooler, chargepipe, fuel pump, throw in meth, fill up with e85 to have a 400+ hp machine...and then it's time to sell her and you realise you shouldn't have splurged all that money on her....
It never ends
So true
      04-07-2016, 06:44 AM   #15
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
So true
hahaha it is indeed.

Have you done a 335i Exhaust conversion on your car?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 07:26 AM   #16
knightsabers
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi R8 v10 Spyder

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Banger View Post
hahaha it is indeed.

Have you done a 335i Exhaust conversion on your car?
Yes, unintentionally I did a 335i exhaust conversion whilst installing the Supersprint Exhaust.

--
I guess, I'm at the final stage where I'm thinking of selling & regretting spending all that money. I have a gut feeling that I'll be repeating this cycle for some reason
      04-07-2016, 07:38 AM   #17
david.orr
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Then you wanna drop it,
It never ends
This warning should have its own sticky thread 'let the modder beware', especially necessary for the overexcited, ill informed and/or newbs!!
Appreciate 2
      04-07-2016, 08:20 AM   #18
terminator335i
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffa12
Quote:
Then you wanna drop it,
It never ends
This warning should have its own sticky thread 'let the modder beware', especially necessary for the overexcited, ill informed and/or newbs!!
Funny thing is...I know whole heartedly that's the truth, and I've done this time and time again with with so many of the past vehicles on my bucket list and still haven't learnt my lesson.
Guess that's the life I chose...Car enthusiasts FTW!!.
A lot of fun and reward you get out of tuning your own car...
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 08:48 AM   #19
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightsabers View Post
Yes, unintentionally I did a 335i exhaust conversion whilst installing the Supersprint Exhaust.

--
I guess, I'm at the final stage where I'm thinking of selling & regretting spending all that money. I have a gut feeling that I'll be repeating this cycle for some reason
Ah i had to have a look at the F30 Section on Supersprint.
It's a shame they don't have 228i Exhaust Conversions like they do for the 328...

I have a 228i, Being same everything buying one like yours would just be a direct fit wouldnt it?

*EDIT*
Just saw your engine cover how much did that dip cost you?! Looking at your build thread very impressive... crazy money spent thats for sure hahaa dont sell up just enjoy it
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 11:33 AM   #20
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

I wouldn't get a mpe, what's the point? In Australia it's 2k+ for a few extra hundred you can get cat-back exhaust. No brainer.
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 05:57 PM   #21
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
I wouldn't get a mpe, what's the point? In Australia it's 2k+ for a few extra hundred you can get cat-back exhaust. No brainer.
Yeah tryna look for a good deal on one... theres some on ebay for like 1.5k shipped thats new, speaking to some guys in Sydney/Melb if i can get a good deal ill do it otherwise yeah... i know even a custom muffler delete would sound better but i don't wanna do that MPE being the cheapest option id want to do.

Not sure if i wanna buy other brands and have it retrofitted for 228i. Mpe being cheap (If its at what im wanting to get it for) it would be less of a loss i guess
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2016, 06:02 PM   #22
2Banger
M POSTER
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by den525 View Post
Yeah tryna look for a good deal on one... theres some on ebay for like 1.5k shipped thats new, speaking to some guys in Sydney/Melb if i can get a good deal ill do it otherwise yeah... i know even a custom muffler delete would sound better but i don't wanna do that MPE being the cheapest option id want to do.

Not sure if i wanna buy other brands and have it retrofitted for 228i. Mpe being cheap (If its at what im wanting to get it for) it would be less of a loss i guess
Appreciate 0