E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > BMW Dealer Reviews + Ratings Forum > Wyoming Valley Motors - Wilkes Barre, PA

02-06-2006, 10:45 AM   #1
ScottiePP7
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: SG 325 xi

Talking Wyoming Valley Motors - Wilkes Barre, PA

First off a few things of note:

This was my first cur purchase.

I am relatively young (24) and I look younger and if you catch me on a weekend I won’t be wearing anything but a hoodie and jeans (this def. played into my treatment at another dealership)

Until now I have been driving hand-me down Subaru’s in my family.

I did not want to pre-order at all.

Now onto the experience:

I showed up first on a Saturday in January and as soon as I walked in I was greeted and asked what I looking into and asked to go for a test drive. After my pervious dealings with another local BMW dealer (Tom Hesser - Scranton, PA ) I was thrilled to be taken so seriously.

After a test drive we got to talking about pricing, originally not too bad…gave me a deal on a trade equal to 400 over blue book value. Didn’t want to budge off the sticker price.

Here is where I did my leg work, I emailed dealerships (many you people have listed) from Boston down to Maryland asking for best quotes, asking for about 500 over invoice being the max I would pay if they wanted to get a car off the lot by the end of the month. I got a response from a lot of places the best being about 300 over invoice.

I called Wyoming Valley Motors and told them this. After some back and forth they went to 500 over invoice for being so close to my house. We made the deal and I drove it off the lot January 28. They worked with me every step of the way and were incredibly nice. I highly recommend them in an area where people don’t like to budge with sticker prices on a new BMW as such few people have them.

Maybe I could have gone someplace cheaper, or maybe I got a tremendous deal for any area….I don’t really know. But I am quite confident that I at least got a good deal for my area of the country.
Appreciate 0
      02-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #2
deutschmann59
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

Hey Scottie, welcome to the forum! It's good to see another member from NEPA!

I went to Wyoming Valley Motors first and they were really nice, but the problem was at that time, they only had info on the E46--nothing on the E90. Right around the time when the E90 was released and BMW had all the info listed on their site, I called WVM and asked them about it and they said they still had no info, and never called me back. So I went to Tom Hesser and ended up getting it there.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2006, 10:22 PM   #3
shark330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i; Jet Black

I'm origninally from NE PA. Land of the "hennas"! Call SW Florida home now. Land of the sun. It's great to drive a rear wheel drive car ALL the time. No potholes at all. No snow. No ice. Just some f#$%in' hurricanes once in awhile.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2006, 09:12 AM   #4
irowharderthanyou
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 330i TiAg

hey shark330i, where in bradenton are you? Just wanted to know since im from sarasota. Did you get your 330i from southpointe and if so, do you get good service there? thanks.
      02-13-2006, 02:12 PM   #5
shark330i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i; Jet Black

I live in E. Bradenton. Yes, bought it at Southpointe and had good service so far. The salesperson was a bit 'out there' but she did everything we wanted. I even referred her to my father in law who purchased a 325i. Where do you live in SRQ?
Appreciate 0
      01-12-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
aequitas330
Montego Blue FTW
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue e90 328xi

lol wow i didn't think there were any other people from NEPA on here...

i agree, tom hesser bmw leaves a lot to be desired... take their website for example. i don't think there has ever been one day in the past two years where something wasn't broken on there.. i just checked again now to see how bad it was, and i had to click an OK box for some script error 8 times before it'd even let me check out the site at all. nice work guys... haha..

my experiences with wyoming valley motors have been decent.. nothing spectacular, but nothing bad either. for this area, they're the best to deal with. i don't have a single bad thing to say about the client advisor i've dealt with at WVM of kingston, i just wish they had a little more in their inventory. i can be very picky and also very patient, i just wish they had a little more of a selection...

Appreciate 0