F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > My 430d M Sport Coupe
ARMA SPEED

03-13-2016, 05:11 PM   #1
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2016 430d Coupe

My 430d M Sport Coupe

Well, the day came. After a long 4 months since ordering I picked up my 430d on the 1st of March. Didn't get a chance to take any decent pictures which is why I didn't post anything earlier but I've most definitely been enjoying the beauty.

Spec is as follows:

430d
Alpine white
Coral red dakota leather interior
M Sport plus pack
Electric heated and folding mirrors
Interior comfort pack
Heated steering wheel

Coming from a 2007 1.4L Megane which I'd been stuck in for 6 years, as you can imagine this thing is better by leaps and bounds. The build quality, the sublime 6 cylinder engine, and the looks! Ahhhh the looks!

I have to say in my opinion this is one of the most beautiful looking cars under the £50k list price range. From the first time I saw one I knew I'd have to have one, but I'd never had thought it would be so soon and never ever would've thought it'd be a brand new one so I really am counting my blessings.

I've done just over 400 miles so far and it does seem to have loosened up a touch, although I know it'll take a good few thousand before it really loosens up and I can't wait for that. I've been varying the driving during the running in period. No redline action but I've not felt the need to if I'm honest. This thing hits crazy speeds using just 3/4's of the throttle (3-4k revs)!

Loving the auto gearbox. That was one thing that I was really looking forward to. I'd had enough of sitting in traffic and messing with clutch control so it's definitely a winner for me.

The M Sport plus pack was an essential for me. Tinted windows would have been spec'd anyway, as well as the bigger wheels and the HK sound system so that made sense. The folding mirrors I would've expected as being standard but I liked them and thought they'd be useful in tight parking spots so I selected those. The interior comfort pack was something I really liked. The extra compartment under the light controls on the right I found to be extremely useful. There isn't a lot of space to hide things in the F32 I found coming from the Megane which had a huge glove box, compartments in the doors, a rather large cubby box under the armrest, and also some little hidden compartments in the floors. I also wanted the sliding armrest as I felt I couldn't rest my arm on the fixed one while in my set driving position so the interior comfort pack was a good one for me. And lastly the heated steering wheel. I always have rather cold hands. Even on 12 degree Celsius days (maybe I should go to the doctors about this? haha) so the heated wheel was something I wanted. Hadn't tried one before and I'm glad I ordered it. It's on pretty much every drive. Probably won't be used much between June-October but otherwise I can see this being used a lot.

One thing I'm unsure about is the Bridgestone run flats. The first week I had the car I was fine with them. I'd expected the M Sport suspension to be stiff and I didn't expect a ride as soft as the car I just came out of. But a few times now I've thought 'ohhhh s*%t that was a painful one' when going over potholes I didn't see in time. It's not unbearable where I'm considering swapping them out for non runflats however they're not the comfiest. Nothing we didn't know there then

Gave her a good clean (4 hours ) last weekend but didn't take any pictures. Didn't really want to wash her again this weekend but I didn't like the dirt along the lower half so I gave her half a wash. Snow foam and pressure washed off. Came out pretty decent and I'm happy so I took a quick few photos.

Sorry for the rather long post. Opinions/questions are more than welcome.

Appreciate all the help I've received from this forum so thank you all
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      03-13-2016, 05:15 PM   #2
jnismith
Captain
Rep
Drives: Golf R, Maserati Gransport

Lovely car. I've gone for the red interior too. Yours looks perfect.
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 05:31 PM   #3
rapid64k
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: GT 330D M Sport Plus

You forgot to list the crook lock
      03-13-2016, 05:43 PM   #4
dizzy619
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Nice...
Appreciate 1
      03-13-2016, 05:58 PM   #5
Ham1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/a

Common, more pictures!! These only serve as tease! Good quality pictures as well, they have a photographers touch to them. Congrats on the car Btw! I will soon be making a similar swap in cars from my 1.1 mitshubshi colt to a 435d!! In two weeks time il have her
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 06:00 PM   #6
Ham1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: N/a

One more thing as am also getting a heated steering wheel, after leaving it on for a while does it get uncomfortably warm?
Appreciate 0
      03-13-2016, 06:52 PM   #7
d4springer
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 CP SS/SO

Very nice, good combo with the seats! Potholes are a bit of a pain, not sure what your roads are like but we are starting to get them on the motorways up here which isn't too great when you hit one at "about" 70 mph. One thing though my previous car, an E92 M Sport, sounded even worse when it hit potholes and I went through 3 tyres in the space of a year due to the damage caused. In my 3rd year now with this car and so far no problems so maybe it just sounds worse than it actually is.
Older - E46 330i | Silver | AC Schnitzer, E36 328i Coupe | White
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 03:51 AM   #8
JOHNBMWM5
Live for today tomorrow never comes
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2022 LCI Marina Bay Blue/ Smok

Nice Car enjoy.
      03-14-2016, 03:56 AM   #9
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rapid64k View Post
You forgot to list the crook lock
Someone had to mention it
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 03:59 AM   #10
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ham1 View Post
Common, more pictures!! These only serve as tease! Good quality pictures as well, they have a photographers touch to them. Congrats on the car Btw! I will soon be making a similar swap in cars from my 1.1 mitshubshi colt to a 435d!! In two weeks time il have her
Haha will definitely be getting more pictures of it in the near future. Want to find some good spots to shoot it so I'll be out searching.

You'll love the switch up into the 435d! Be sure to write up a short review after getting her. I'm sure it'll be similar to mine.

The heated wheel is perfect and doesn't overheat or become uncomfortable at all. Unlike heated seats, it gets to a nice warm temperature and says there keeping your hands toasty but not sweaty.
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 04:10 AM   #11
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by d4springer View Post
Very nice, good combo with the seats! Potholes are a bit of a pain, not sure what your roads are like but we are starting to get them on the motorways up here which isn't too great when you hit one at "about" 70 mph. One thing though my previous car, an E92 M Sport, sounded even worse when it hit potholes and I went through 3 tyres in the space of a year due to the damage caused. In my 3rd year now with this car and so far no problems so maybe it just sounds worse than it actually is.
I think you're right and it does sound worse than it actually is. On my journey this morning I didn't hit any huge potholes but the little drain covers and smaller pot holes weren't too bad to be honest.

I've heard of all the concerns with the hard suspension in the E92's. Would hate to see what they're like
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 04:21 AM   #12
B58_Touring
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i

Garage List
Great looking colour combo AW/CR great taste Specced a couple of things on there that I wish I'd have chosen in hindsight but Im still more than happy with mine so yours should be near enough perfect.

As for the ride, mine came with goodyear runflats. I dont know If they're much different to the bridgestones but i find the ride ok, it fairly firm but i prefer that. I came from an e92 msport with bridgestone runflats though so it could have only got better! Your pothole spotting skills will improve drastically over the coming weeks anyway...
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2016, 09:29 AM   #13
Satori
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M340i x-drive G20

Fantastic looking car - the red interior/white exterior goes well! I went for coral red and think it looks great!
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 02:30 PM   #14
asif03
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonBk View Post
Great looking colour combo AW/CR great taste Specced a couple of things on there that I wish I'd have chosen in hindsight but Im still more than happy with mine so yours should be near enough perfect.

As for the ride, mine came with goodyear runflats. I dont know If they're much different to the bridgestones but i find the ride ok, it fairly firm but i prefer that. I came from an e92 msport with bridgestone runflats though so it could have only got better! Your pothole spotting skills will improve drastically over the coming weeks anyway...
Thanks Jon! Yours was one of the first (and only) 4's in AW with Coral leather I could find on the forum and at points I genuinely was sitting and staring at the pictures you posted. I was literally like haha.

I have to say it has everything I need and it is my perfect car. Very happy with it. Have to stay off this forum because everyone on here will have me searching for something I know I don't need. Like a 440i

Pothole spotting skills are noticeably better already
Appreciate 1
      03-14-2016, 06:32 PM   #15
Roberto71
Lieutenant
Ireland
Rep
Drives: 2019 MB E220d

Good choice!

I got mine back in January and still loving it. I can't fault the car at all. The 6 pot diesel is the highlight, it's a superb engine. And the looks are really great, the GC has great lines.
Appreciate 0