THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics Cosmetic Maintenance (Wash/Wax/Detailing/Exterior Restoration & Repairs) Bumper Blues

03-07-2016, 11:00 AM   #1
Beartato
Major
Rep
Drives: M235i

Bumper Blues

So my M235i was delivered with a scratch on the bumper. The dealer didn't notice until the morning I picked it up. The dealer was really nice about it, didn't try to hide it, and said I could still take delivery and come back later to have it fixed. That was all fine what whatnot, so last week I took it back to have it repaired. They had the car from Monday through Saturday and in the meantime I drove around a dank X1 loaner. I picked the car up Saturday and didn't notice until I got home that there was a hump on the bumper sill that rubs on the trunk lid.

You can clearly see in this picture, taken on the Saturday before the Monday I dropped it off, the trunk lid and bumper sill line up fine.

Next, you can see the hump with the trunk closed. It touches the trunk lid.

The next two show the left and right sides, contrasting the difference in alignment between the sides.

I immediately emailed the dealer letting them know the issue and the reply I got today pretty much told me I'm SOL and there's nothing they can do unless I drive all the way back to their dealer 2 1/2 hours away to have a tech look at it, which makes sense. I countered with asking for the schematics to the bumper to see what is out of alignment so I can fix it myself. While I fight this fight with the dealer I was wondering if anyone here has any idea on how to get this hump out.
Appreciate 0
      03-07-2016, 11:21 PM   #2
NEUE02
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M235i

It's obviously a problem they created. I would be hesitant to try to fix it myself for fear that if something goes awry it could be blamed on you. Going back to the dealer sucks, though. I think they should offer you some consideration for the miles, gas and time you will lose. Good luck.