E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Front bumper clearcoat peeling - let's talk bumpers

03-03-2016, 05:28 PM   #1
hankcah
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i E90

Garage List
2007 335i  [0.00]
Front bumper clearcoat peeling - let's talk bumpers

Last quote I had was $744 from a "known place", I'm sure you've heard of it. What prices should I be looking for?

On the german market, how many coats do I need? How may clear coats? What materials for the bumper should I look for? What materials or sources should I stay away from?

My thoughts are to call around to junkyards, but the odds would be, the bumper is the first to be ruined. But just looking for something that isn't destroyed like mine.

It's such a boring purchase at 100k miles, as I'd rather put the money into gaskets, bushings or other maintenance. Or even fancy detailing supplies, but detailing a ruined bumper sucks too.

This is Sparkling Graphite Metallic. Last quote I had was $744.

Any recommended places in St.Louis? Or online places that could paint and send me one?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0