E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Latest MTEC H8 bulb for E92/E93

03-02-2016, 11:04 AM   #1
brendanb86
Rep
Drives: Audi TT

Latest MTEC H8 bulb for E92/E93

Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea what the latest MTEC bulb is for the pre-LCI E92/E93?

Their messaging isn't so clear when you look online so wanted to check I am buying the most recent and up to date product.

Thanks

Brendan
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 11:07 AM   #2
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendanb86 View Post
Hi all,

Does anybody have any idea what the latest MTEC bulb is for the pre-LCI E92/E93?

Their messaging isn't so clear when you look online so wanted to check I am buying the most recent and up to date product.

Thanks

Brendan
What kind of bulb are you referring to. MTEC sell a large number of different bulbs for different applications
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 12:51 PM   #3
brendanb86
Rep

I'm after the H8 bulbs for the angel eyes. I would rather have the LUX 160's but I'm in the UK and they're £200 over here!
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 02:51 PM   #4
E92-Lighting
United_States
Rep
Drives: Next Generation LED Lighting

Quote:
Hi all,

Thanks

Brendan
the latest MTEC H8 bulbs for the prelci E92/E93s are the V3s Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 05:27 PM   #5
brendanb86
Rep

Thanks.

I'm a little confused, perhaps someone can advise. Looking at the variety of bulbs available, I feel perplexed as to why some bulbs with lower wattage seem in some way 'better' than those with higher wattage?

The MTEC v3 bulbs are 26w correct? So why are they regarded as better and brighter bulbs than some that are 40w or 80w? For example, these? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-80W-CR...oAAOSwfZ1WbnvQ

What wattage are the LUX H8 160? I assume they can't be 160w?

Sorry if these are all simple questions, I just want to ensure I am buying the best product possible
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 07:35 PM   #6
LuxAngelEyes
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Thanks.

I'm a little confused, perhaps someone can advise. Looking at the variety of bulbs available, I feel perplexed as to why some bulbs with lower wattage seem in some way 'better' than those with higher wattage?

The MTEC v3 bulbs are 26w correct? So why are they regarded as better and brighter bulbs than some that are 40w or 80w? For example, these? - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-80W-CR...oAAOSwfZ1WbnvQ

What wattage are the LUX H8 160? I assume they can't be 160w?

Sorry if these are all simple questions, I just want to ensure I am buying the best product possible
It is confusing since a lot of no-name companies list them at a theoretical maximum wattage, some as halogen equivalent wattage, and in the MTEC mostly likely the wattage used.

There are tons of thread out there already, but one thing i can tell you is that our lights produce 1600 lumens per side and do not dim ever, making them extremely bright. Take a look at the reviews here on the forum and you will get a better sense of what your are looking for. We also have a section on our website dedicated to comparing our lights to the rest: https://www.luxangeleyes.com/pages/d...pare-challenge
Appreciate 0