THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions revert changes when going to dealer?

02-26-2016, 04:36 PM   #1
clyjr
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

revert changes when going to dealer?

So now that I have all of my coding done and setup the way I like it I was wondering about trips to the dealer.
Do you guys code everything back to the defaults before you go to the dealer, or just roll in modified?

If you do revert back, is there an easy way to revert back to stock, then back to modified after your service visit?
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2016, 05:43 PM   #2
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyjr View Post
So now that I have all of my coding done and setup the way I like it I was wondering about trips to the dealer.
Do you guys code everything back to the defaults before you go to the dealer, or just roll in modified?

If you do revert back, is there an easy way to revert back to stock, then back to modified after your service visit?
You could save your cafd files, then load the SVT and load each cafd the for each ECU you want to restore and code FDL that...

Or you could create a file with the integrated cheatsheet and then it's just ticking boxes...

I wouldn't go to factory settings every time you go to the dealer... they won't even notice and/or care in my view
Appreciate 0