BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

EXXEL Distributions

03-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #1
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Clearbra/tint installers near Spartanburg, Atlanta, maybe Birmingham?

I'm trying to get a sense of installers that are vaguely on the route back from the Performance Center to my home in New Orleans, which is a vast wasteland for aftermarket car installation talent as far as I can tell. I have Huper Optik tint on my current M3 and that installer outside of Biloxi doesn't offer it anymore. Any suggestions? I would really like to get a good clearbra ASAP as well.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 02:12 PM   #2
st08m3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3

Keto,
I live in Baton Rouge and have been working on the same question. Not sure which brand i'm going with yet but definitely looking at the ceramic tint as it doesn't impact radio, cell, etc. and typically doesn't look highly metallic. There is a Huper Optik tint place in Bossier City but i believe that's the closest. Formula One also has a great reputation and there is a place in Alexandria. Maybe someone closer to you in MS but don't know. In Baton Rouge, the most reputable spot is TNT and they sell SolarGuards ceramic. I think their rep is also very good but don't see it discussed on here as much. Price for my 4 door is $350-$400.

I'm also possibly interested in clearbra so let me know what's around. TNT does them in Baton Rouge so i'm gonna check it out.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
sayemthree
Major General
Rep
Drives: ‘20 X3mC ‘20 Raptor ‘04 X3 6mt

check the xpel website - you can find certified installers there. I know the ones they list in my area are some of the best.
      04-25-2008, 06:32 PM   #4
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
I think it's the same place in Alexandria that does VentureShield. Equidistant from me is Pensacola, which has a tint place, right near there is a certified Ventureshield installer in Ft. Walton Beach.

There might be a New Orleans place that does Huper, but I am not sure about that, have to call them. It would be nice if Huper made their website user-friendly.

EDIT: When I say "tint place" I mean someone that does Huper or Pinnacle. If there's another ceramic brand I should consider I'd love to know about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 09:29 PM   #5
st08m3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Keto,
I called Huper and there is no place in N.O. Closest is Bossier City and i'm not driving all the way there. I'm sure you'll get arguments over the best tint but my understanding is that a number of reputable tint providers make ceramic tint now. Formula 1 has a good rep and that's the place in Alexandria. The place in Baton Rouge with the best reputation is TNT (Tint n Trim) and they do a ceramic tint by SolarGuard and say they love their products. TNT does all BMW and Merc-Benz work in Baton Rouge. Cost around $350-400. When i spoke to the owner he sounded very proud of his work quality. My guess is all these are good quality given the advances in tint quality. As for the clear shield, i no nothing about the brands so are you saying VentureShield is considered high quality? How much should i pay for a full front end job?
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2008, 09:31 PM   #6
st08m3
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

By the way, has your M been put on a boat yet? I think we may get ours in the same delivery if yours is built but waiting to be put on a ship.
Appreciate 0
      05-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #7
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
I'm still in production.

The Ventureshield installs I have seen on this forum look nice. I'm really interested in full hood, no lines, especially covering the powerdome -- I'd hate to see a chip on it. It's upwards of $1k for that kind of work, though.

I'll have to look into SolarGuard. At the moment I'm probably going to Florida in mid-June, I can always get F1 in Pensacola and Ventureshield in Ft. Walton...
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2008, 12:10 AM   #8
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Update: I emailed Huper which led to a followup call from a tint place in Mandeville. Haven't called the back yet but that beats Bossier City by a longshot.
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2008, 12:48 AM   #9
Keto
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M3  [10.00]
Update 2: Got Huper Optik done in Mandeville at GT Tint. Good installer, no retouches needed, washes the car for you afterwards with Zaino, no swirls after the wash!
Appreciate 0