BMW
X1 / X2
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW X1 (F48) and X2 (F39) Forums General BMW X1 Forum (F48) New X1 ordered!

02-21-2016, 01:10 PM   #1
manub
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G01 M Sport 20d

New X1 ordered!

Finally after lurking around the forums and comparing cars we decided and went ahead for the X1 ordered the car today at Sytner in Sunningdale (UK).

Here's what I went for:

F48 X1 xDrive20d xLine B47 2.0d
Platinum Silver
Black Dakota leather w/ perforation

Driver Comfort Package
BMW Navigation Plus package
Automatic Gearbox
Electronic Damper Control (EDC)
Run-flat tyres
Reversing Assist Camera
Sport seats, front
Lumbar support, driver and front pass.
Sliding rear seat bench
Brushed aluminium interior trim with Pearl crhome finisher
Driving Assistant

was undecided between Mineral Gray and Platinum Silver but wife prefers Platinum and I love them both so...

I'm looking forward to how it fits with the aluminum trim

Managed to squeeze in the Nav Plus package, I heard too many good things about the HUD display to not have it had to cut off the Driving Assistant Plus because of budget, but I still managed to get a decent deal.

Dealer said we should be looking at week 16, but they'll try to get another build slot to deliver before end of March. Will keep you posted.

Can't wait to join the family!
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 01:34 PM   #2
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Welcome!
Which wheels did you choose with the run Flats?
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 01:42 PM   #3
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2c/S1000RR

Congrats on the order. We have the brushed aluminium trim on our M sport it works well IMHO
      02-21-2016, 01:46 PM   #4
manub
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
Congrats on the order. We have the brushed aluminium trim on our M sport it works well IMHO
I'm much a tech loving guy and Aluminium reminds me of my MacBook
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 01:48 PM   #5
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by manub
Quote:
Originally Posted by washy View Post
I'm much a tech loving guy and Aluminium reminds me of my MacBook
Get what you mean as I sit here typing this on my MacBook
      02-21-2016, 01:49 PM   #6
manub
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vogit View Post
Welcome!
Which wheels did you choose with the run Flats?
Went for the 18" Y-spoke 569 - they're the standard ones. Read about they're a bit stiffier (can't remember if the one I test-drove was run flat or not) but for me the practicality is still a bigger advantage. Hoping though with the EDC I can still get a ride on the smooth side...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #7
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: VW Transporter Sportline

Congrats

Aluminium is lovely, the only reason i didn't spec it is that 5 of our recent cars had black leather with aluminium so wanted something different this time...
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 01:54 PM   #8
manub
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
Congrats

Aluminium is lovely, the only reason i didn't spec it is that 5 of our recent cars had black leather with aluminium so wanted something different this time...
glad somebody else went for that combo as well.

It's my first premium car, I'd have loved lighter seats but with little one on the way I'm quite sure it would be tougher with a light colour. This is why I'm very happy to have got also Supagard protection
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 02:07 PM   #9
Vogit
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X1 xDrive 20D xLine

Quote:
Originally Posted by manub View Post
Went for the 18" Y-spoke 569 - they're the standard ones. Read about they're a bit stiffier (can't remember if the one I test-drove was run flat or not) but for me the practicality is still a bigger advantage. Hoping though with the EDC I can still get a ride on the smooth side...
Ah - I got those wheels, but without run flats. Probably came that way because I ordered the space saver spare.

Interested to hear what you think of the ride once you get the car.
Appreciate 0
      02-21-2016, 03:02 PM   #10
KPD
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 xDrive 20i xLine

Congrats, fellow Platinum Silver owner. It's poor man's Champagne Quartz. I'm biased, obviously. But I think it's the best looking and most unique colour in their F48 range.

Wanted to go with black interior too. But dealer had a 2 Series with Platinum Silver + Oyster and that sealed the deal for me.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 12:51 AM   #11
Shubha29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Finally after lurking around the forums and comparing cars we decided and went ahead for the X1 ordered the car today at Sytner in Sunningdale (UK).

Here's what I went for:

Platinum Silver

Driver Comfort Package
Automatic Gearbox
Run-flat tyres
Reversing Assist Camera
Sport seats, front
Sliding rear seat bench
Driving Assistant

was undecided between Mineral Gray and Platinum Silver but wife prefers Platinum and I love them both so...

Managed to squeeze in the Nav Plus package, I heard too many good things about the HUD display to not have it had to cut off the Driving Assistant Plus because of budget, but I still managed to get a decent deal.

Dealer said we should be looking at week 16, but they'll try to get another build slot to deliver before end of March. Will keep you posted.

By EDC do u mean the Eco PRo / Comfort / Sports switch - because what I heard X1 does not offer Adaptive Sport Suspension and hence can't provide the true EDC of BMW, it offers M sport suspension which has the Eco PRo / Comfort / Sports switch for throttle mapping. Or is it something else other than that.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 01:16 AM   #12
manub
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubha29 View Post
By EDC do u mean the Eco PRo / Comfort / Sports switch - because what I heard X1 does not offer Adaptive Sport Suspension and hence can't provide the true EDC of BMW, it offers M sport suspension which has the Eco PRo / Comfort / Sports switch for throttle mapping. Or is it something else other than that.
Yes, it's the switch. I drove it and I really liked to be able to have a sportier ride if I wanted (although for me it would be mainly comfort or Eco pro). They sell it as EDC here in the uk...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 04:02 AM   #13
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubha29
Quote:

Here's what I went for:

Platinum Silver

Driver Comfort Package
Automatic Gearbox
Run-flat tyres
Reversing Assist Camera
Sport seats, front
Sliding rear seat bench
Driving Assistant

We've been through this a few times. There is an adaptive damper option (EDC) available for the F48 X1. It's controlled through the performance switch, and if you have the option fitted, it gives you a firmer damping setting when the switch is set to Sport. The suspension spring settings remain the same so the EDC will give you a firmer ride when used, but does not alter the ride in EcoPro or Comfort/Normal.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 08:32 AM   #14
Shubha29
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttimbo View Post
We've been through this a few times. There is an adaptive damper option (EDC) available for the F48 X1. It's controlled through the performance switch, and if you have the option fitted, it gives you a firmer damping setting when the switch is set to Sport. The suspension spring settings remain the same so the EDC will give you a firmer ride when used, but does not alter the ride in EcoPro or Comfort/Normal.
But as per bMw Genius, x1does not have an adaptive sports suspension to support EDC. What it has is M sport suspension and that offers throttle mapping via those modea EcoPro/Comfort/Sport. As per them it does not change the suspension in any way.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 08:52 AM   #15
washy
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Here is the detail from the UK configurator tool:

£ 390.00

Electronic damper control allows the driver to change the damper characteristics to two different settings, for an exceptionally smooth ride or increased driving dynamics. Along with the standard COMFORT setting, which provides a serene and pleasant driving experience, the SPORT setting is also available. When it is selected, the damper settings are firmer and the driving characteristics are more direct and dynamic. The settings are activated with the Driving Experience Control switch in the centre console.

Benefits at a glance:
• dynamic or comfortable driving at the push of a button
• optimal vibration characteristics, based on the load
• reduction in unpleasant pitching motions
      02-22-2016, 09:56 AM   #16
sdb123
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 M-Sport

Quote:

Here's what I went for:

Platinum Silver

Driver Comfort Package
Automatic Gearbox
Run-flat tyres
Reversing Assist Camera
Sport seats, front
Sliding rear seat bench
Driving Assistant
Did you spec and pay for the Sliding Rear Bench as an extra or was it included in the base spec? I read recently that builds from March onwards (in the UK, at least) will have the Sliding Rear Bench as standard...
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 10:18 AM   #17
LSU Tiger Wes
Private
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW X1 xDrive28i (F48)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubha29 View Post
But as per bMw Genius, x1does not have an adaptive sports suspension to support EDC. What it has is M sport suspension and that offers throttle mapping via those modea EcoPro/Comfort/Sport. As per them it does not change the suspension in any way.
What BMW Genius told you is correct for US vehicles. EDC (adaptive suspension) is available in other countries but not the US.
Past: 1999 328i Sedan
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 11:26 AM   #18
manub
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
Did you spec and pay for the Sliding Rear Bench as an extra or was it included in the base spec? I read recently that builds from March onwards (in the UK, at least) will have the Sliding Rear Bench as standard...
I noticed it's not anymore in the configurator but the dealer said it had to be included... is it worth asking?
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2016, 11:27 AM   #19
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb123 View Post
It will be added to cars ordered from March onwards, but the base price of the X1 will be increased to compensate by £160. If you want it on a car ordered before then BMW are offering it at £160, so you basically save £30 on it. I added it to my order as I had initially left it off...
Current: VW Transporter Sportline, F48 X1 20i M Sport. Previous: F10 530d M Sport, W176 A200 CDI AMG Evolution, E70 X5 3.0 SD M Sport, F20 120d M Sport, E81 120d M Sport, E46 325i M Sport, E46 318ci & Many Others...
Appreciate 1
      02-22-2016, 04:55 PM   #20
manub
Private
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Beast View Post
It will be added to cars ordered from March onwards, but the base price of the X1 will be increased to compensate by £160. If you want it on a car ordered before then BMW are offering it at £160, so you basically save £30 on it. I added it to my order as I had initially left it off...
On my order it's been put at £195 (inc VAT)...
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 12:58 AM   #21
ttimbo
Major
Rep
Drives: F48 X1 25i AW; F20 M135i AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU Tiger Wes View Post
What BMW Genius told you is correct for US vehicles. EDC (adaptive suspension) is available in other countries but not the US.
So, no EDC (adaptive) even for M Sport package cars? That's an odd restriction.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2016, 01:49 AM   #22
The Beast
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
On my order it's been put at £195 (inc VAT)...
This is the exact email response from the BMW genius dealing with my order

"You will be happy to know that by adding this the deposit only goes up by £160 as they are adding this as standard from cars built after March. They are only increasing the price by £160 so this has saved you £35."

Might be worth querying it with your dealer, I ordered my car about two weeks ago and added this option around a week ago.
Appreciate 0