F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Options last chance saloon
Extreme Powerhouse

02-18-2016, 01:55 AM   #1
pmheadwired
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30- 340i M Sport Plus SP Auto

Options last chance saloon

As the status of my order is now scheduled this is the last chance for to add anything.

Looking for advice.

1. I'm going MG with coral red but having a wobble about making it oyster interior.

2. Are there other options like the old viz pack that cost next to nothing when you add due to increased GFV?

3. If I buy black grilles and boot spoiler will dealer fit if I send down to them?
62 Plate - F20 116d Sport manual in AW - Gone
60 Plate - MK6 VW Golf Match 2.0 TDI
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 02:00 AM   #2
MarkG_M5Comp
Supreme Being
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmheadwired View Post
As the status of my order is now scheduled this is the last chance for to add anything.

Looking for advice.

1. I'm going MG with coral red but having a wobble about making it oyster interior.
Totally different look in my opinion, CR sporty, Oyster more classy. I have CR and love it but also think it's appears a little 'younger' than Oyster. With MG, CR looks fantastic. Don't wobble.

Quote:

2. Are there other options like the old viz pack that cost next to nothing when you add due to increased GFV?
You only know this from sitting with the salesman and adding things one by one. If you were happy with the spec originally, you'll be happy with the car. If you every sat at home thinking 'shall I add this...' then go back and add it! The only thing I did that with was electric seat and to this day I wish I had added them. Pricey though.

Quote:

3. If I buy black grilles and boot spoiler will dealer fit if I send down to them?
Unlikely if you buy elsewhere but worth an ask.
      02-18-2016, 02:10 AM   #3
simon.
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F48 25D mSport

MG & Red. leave it as is, lovely combo
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 02:16 AM   #4
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

I went for the Oyster as I think it looks classy with Mg. it's each to their own at the end of the day :-)
Attached Images

02-18-2016, 02:17 AM   #5
jayakrishnanv
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW G20 M340d

Garage List
MG & CR will be excellent and also you dont have to worry about the lower dash beige colour like in the oyster option.

Regarding the spoiler and the grilles the salesman will give you the standard answer he will ask the bodyshop manager once the car is there @ the dealership. Then he will say to avoid the tabs breaking it looks like front bumper needs to come off. It wont take you more than 10 minutes to take off the ones in the car and push the new ones in. the same is the case of spoiler. You need to have the clean surface to stick the spoiler on.
      02-18-2016, 02:19 AM   #6
Dandanbmw
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw 640d M Sport

Oh and I had the dealer get the grills fitted before I collected the car.
Had a result too as they forgot to Bill me for them.
Attached Images

02-18-2016, 02:36 AM   #7
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:

Looking for advice.

My F31 is MG with Oyster and I think the two go together very well; as others have said, it looks quite classy but be aware it also shows marks more easily than (say) black and therefore might not be a great option if you've got small children! Not a fan of coral red personally but if you like it stick to your guns!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 03:11 AM   #8
Canary_Yellow
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport + LCI MG

I've got mineral grey with oyster.

I love it. I don't mind the additional upkeep as I thoroughly enjoy looking after the car and keeping it looking pristine. It's actually less bother than I thought it would be in any case.

I also wasn't sure about the lower dash being oyster, but now I've got it I really like it. It's a classy colour.

If I were you I'd go with whichever your gut instinct was at the outset - if it was oyster but you were worried about marking, go for oyster, if it was coral red, stick with coral red.

What colour inlays have you got on the order? I've got brushed aluminium. I think the piano black looks better with oyster, but I saw a couple in the show room and they were showing scratches on the centre console so I went with brushed aluminium. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but I think the piano black probably looks a little better when pristine.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 03:13 AM   #9
KS_340i
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Tanzanite Blue F31 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary_Yellow

I love it. I don't mind the additional upkeep as I thoroughly enjoy looking after the car and keeping it looking pristine. It's actually less bother than I thought it would be in any case.

I also wasn't sure about the lower dash being oyster, but now I've got it I really like it. It's a classy colour.

If I were you I'd go with whichever your gut instinct was at the outset - if it was oyster but you were worried about marking, go for oyster, if it was coral red, stick with coral red.

What colour inlays have you got on the order? I've got brushed aluminium. I think the piano black looks better with oyster, but I saw a couple in the show room and they were showing scratches on the centre console so I went with brushed aluminium. Don't get me wrong, I really like it, but I think the piano black probably looks a little better when pristine.
Spoke to my detailer about piano black. It can get protected with a coating same as exterior so that can help.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 03:18 AM   #10
Canary_Yellow
Captain
Rep
Drives: F30 330d M Sport + LCI MG

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_340i View Post
Spoke to my detailer about piano black. It can get protected with a coating same as exterior so that can help.
I think if you're really careful with it, it would be fine.

But I know that my wife is likely to catch her engagement ring on it, and it's also on the door handles isn't it?

I've got an 8 week baby, so oyster was pushing it a bit on the upkeep, and for me piano black inlays would have been a bridge to far on the durability.

However, as I said above, if you're careful it would be fine. If it were just my car and I could maintain a bit of control over it, then I'd have gone for piano black in a heartbeat.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 04:14 AM   #11
pmheadwired
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Ive went for Coral Red with Brush aluminum and black finisher.

Always like the red thought it looked sporty but loving the Oyster pics these days hmmm
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 04:15 AM   #12
Drek
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Ferrari F430 F1

Ooh, tough choice but for me it would MG and Oyster without a doubt. Had Oyster before on a Le Mans Blue and jut thought it looked easier on the eye. I also wanted to lift the interior as it was too dark for my eyeses. As someone else said, the dealer will like come out with a load of old pony about getting the bumper off to put the grills on. Mine did exactly the same and got all sniffy because the grills came from another dealer and also wanted to charge me £50! Quick google and I did it myself in ten mins, easy peasy lemon squeezy.
www.bmwland.org.uk
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 04:42 AM   #13
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X3 M40d

Any changes now would surely put the build date back?
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2016, 04:45 AM   #14
rokut
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Cosmic EP3 Type R

I've got Coral Red with Brushed Aluminium and Gloss Black finisher and I think it's ace! I also have a 3 year old and a 10 month old and have found very little issue with any of it except the black gloss at the 3 year old's door gets mucky from her hands smearing on it! Takes two seconds to clean it off though and looks good as new.
Appreciate 1
      02-18-2016, 04:49 AM   #15
pmheadwired
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by teaston View Post
Hows your Coral Red Teaspoon? You love it in the flesh?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 05:00 AM   #16
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmheadwired
Quote:
Hows your Coral Red Teaspoon? You love it in the flesh?
Yes, I had it on my last car, it really lifts an otherwise quite boring interior.

Also after 45k it still looked brand new with nothing more than an occasional hoover and wipe over with AG leather cleaner.

P.S. Stop the teaspoon sh1t please!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 06:00 AM   #17
pmheadwired
Major
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Yes, I had it on my last car, it really lifts an otherwise quite boring interior.

Also after 45k it still looked brand new with nothing more than an occasional hoover and wipe over with AG leather cleaner.

Lol done!

Ok whats your shout then mate MG and Red?
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 06:02 AM   #18
teaston
Banned
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmheadwired
Quote:

Lol done!

Ok whats your shout then mate MG and Red?
MG & red for certain!!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 06:32 AM   #19
XAlp
Major
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC90 T6

Quote:

OK Dave!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 07:00 AM   #20
335dJa
Captain
Rep
Drives: Yes

Pre lci I would have voted oyster for sure, no doubt, with the black lower dash like mine. Now the dash is oyster too, I'm not so sure.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #21
JNW1
Major General
Rep
Drives: F56 Mini Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canary_Yellow View Post

Had piano black on my E92 335i and it wasn't too bad to maintain (showed the dust but didn't scratch or mark providing you were careful). However, I went for the Fineline Anthracite Wood with chrome finishers in the 335d and I think that looks quite good with the Oyster/Black interior. Initially I was going piano black again but was told that because it was an individual option it would delay delivery by a couple of weeks; therefore, having seen the anthracite wood on a car in the showroom I decided to go for that, get the car a bit sooner and save a few quid while I was on!
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 08:29 AM   #22
Drisser
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d/Fiat Coupe 20v turbo

Quote:

Looking for advice.

Forget oyster, go saddle brown it's a lovely interior with MG or estoril
Appreciate 0