THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions 6NS enhanced bluetooth and HU_NBT2

02-05-2016, 02:12 PM   #1
dansu
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i

6NS enhanced bluetooth and HU_NBT2

Has anybody with the newer HU_NBT2 module been able to successfully code in 6NS enhanced bluetooth?

I was able to VO code this option on my '16 and I now have the office menu as well as a new input on the media screen that appears to be for the snap-in adapter but I don't get the office checkbox in bluetooth settings nor am I able to get parallel phones working. I do see a small number 1 symbol next to the connected phone but there is no option box for phone 2 in the configuration screen.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2016, 07:20 AM   #2
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dansu View Post
Has anybody with the newer HU_NBT2 module been able to successfully code in 6NS enhanced bluetooth?

I was able to VO code this option on my '16 and I now have the office menu as well as a new input on the media screen that appears to be for the snap-in adapter but I don't get the office checkbox in bluetooth settings nor am I able to get parallel phones working. I do see a small number 1 symbol next to the connected phone but there is no option box for phone 2 in the configuration screen.
I had the same issue when I VO coded my car. I ended having to manually enable the settings. What I believe is the issue is when you VO code 6NS, it adds
HU_NBT_EVO > HMI 3000 > HMI_36_36_8 = aktiv. As soon as that was changed to active, I could not bluetooth stream audio, I lost the second phone, lost ring tone and could not use office. I am guessing, purely a guess, is that there is a check for the additional hardware related to 6NS that is not present in 6NH.

Make all of these Aktiv except Single_or_Multilink. Make that Multilink.

Bluetooth_2nd_HFP
Two_Phones_parallel
SINGLE_OR_MULTILINK
API_USB_VIDEO
ENT_VIDEO
CALENDAR_EIN_AUS
CONTACT_BOOK_PICTURES
DATACOMM_CSIM
EMAIL_EIN_AUS
MACRO_PIM
PIM_BILDER_EIN_AUS
REMINDER_EIN_AUS
SMS_EIN_AUS
TASK_EIN_AUS
TEXT_NOTES_EIN_AUS
AUDIO_NOTES_EIN_AUS
PIM_NEW_ELEMENT_AUDIO_NOTE
PIM_NEW_ELEMENT_VOICE_EMAIL
Inband_ringing
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2016, 09:03 PM   #3
dansu
Rep
Drives: 16 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cth6 View Post
I had the same issue when I VO coded my car. I ended having to manually enable the settings. What I believe is the issue is when you VO code 6NS, it adds
HU_NBT_EVO > HMI 3000 > HMI_36_36_8 = aktiv. As soon as that was changed to active, I could not bluetooth stream audio, I lost the second phone, lost ring tone and could not use office. I am guessing, purely a guess, is that there is a check for the additional hardware related to 6NS that is not present in 6NH.
That's interesting.. there must be some other difference on our builds. I didn't see a HMI_36_36_8 entry after I VO coded and I didn't lose any bluetooth functionality. I still had no luck on adding parallel phones though. From your list, all but DATACOMM_CSIM and INBAND_RINGING were already Aktiv. I did try removing and reconnecting phones but I still only get the option for telephone 1; neither phone has an option checkbox for telephone 2.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2016, 12:21 PM   #4
cth6
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: '16 M235i

Build date was early dec '15. Not sure if they made any changes.
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2016, 07:02 AM   #5
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Have you changed your phone settings in your actual phone to allow messages over bluetooth?
      02-19-2016, 07:37 AM   #6
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i LCI 2015

I have a UK Sept 2015 M135i and can't get it to work.
All FDL settings above are correct and the VO has definitely changed. I'm beginning to think that it might be the iphone6 that might be the problem.
I've deleted it on the car and phone and re-paired etc but the option on the phone to show notifications never appears and only get audio and telephone tick box options on the Idrive ,though it does work in my wife's 2012 E70 x5.
Just about ready to give up.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 02:20 PM   #7
voip-ninja
Rep
Drives: Audi A4

I'm having the same problem with my 2016 F30 340i. I changed FA to 6NS and then VO coded the HU_NBT2.

The office menu shows up but I am unable to get messages to show up in the office menu or turn the feature on either in my phone settings (iPhone 6) or in the BMW phone setup. BT audio streaming works just fine as it did before I re-coded the FA.

I get a '1' next to the phone but if I add my wife's iPhone it also shows '1' and it seems as though parallel BT phone is not working.

Is it possible we need a newer CAFD to get this working? I asked for additional assistance on this over in the usually very active coding forum at Bimmerfest but nobody there has offered any input on the problem. I'm reluctant to code additional parameters as it seems it may or may not address the issue.
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2016, 06:54 PM   #8
clyjr
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by voip-ninja View Post
I'm having the same problem with my 2016 F30 340i. I changed FA to 6NS and then VO coded the HU_NBT2.

The office menu shows up but I am unable to get messages to show up in the office menu or turn the feature on either in my phone settings (iPhone 6) or in the BMW phone setup. BT audio streaming works just fine as it did before I re-coded the FA.

I get a '1' next to the phone but if I add my wife's iPhone it also shows '1' and it seems as though parallel BT phone is not working.

Is it possible we need a newer CAFD to get this working? I asked for additional assistance on this over in the usually very active coding forum at Bimmerfest but nobody there has offered any input on the problem. I'm reluctant to code additional parameters as it seems it may or may not address the issue.
I coded 6ns into my brand new 2016 yesterday. Office now shows up, got a popup on my nexus 6p to enable the notifications. After that my texts were showing in office, kind of. A bunch of old messages loaded but nothing recent, I think its related to my switch to google hangouts for sms though.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 11:15 AM   #9
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyjr View Post
I coded 6ns into my brand new 2016 yesterday. Office now shows up, got a popup on my nexus 6p to enable the notifications. After that my texts were showing in office, kind of. A bunch of old messages loaded but nothing recent, I think its related to my switch to google hangouts for sms though.
Ya, still not working, tested with an Android phone too.

I'm going to post the coding logs over at Bimmerfest coding forums and see if anyone can help figure it out.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 11:27 AM   #10
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Ya, still not working, tested with an Android phone too.

I'm going to post the coding logs over at Bimmerfest coding forums and see if anyone can help figure it out.
you have tech pkg?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 12:36 PM   #11
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
you have tech pkg?
I do not have the tech package, but I have navigation. I have the HU_NBT2 so everything other than BT Office was working prior to me coding 6NS.

Bluetooth audio streaming, check.
BT album artwork, check.
BT contacts, check.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 12:50 PM   #12
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I do not have the tech package, but I have navigation. I have the HU_NBT2 so everything other than BT Office was working prior to me coding 6NS.

Bluetooth audio streaming, check.
BT album artwork, check.
BT contacts, check.
what do you see on these screens?

http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showt...9#post19345399
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 01:14 PM   #13
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
Telephone 1 on the first line
Bluetooth Audio on the 2nd line.

No other lines.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 01:45 PM   #14
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Telephone 1 on the first line
Bluetooth Audio on the 2nd line.

No other lines.
but you see the office box on the first screen?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 02:12 PM   #15
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
but you see the office box on the first screen?
Nope. 6NS shows in the FA and I've done the VO coding of the HU. I have Office in the main menu and now my telephone when added shows "telephone 1" where-as it showed "telephone" before the FA change.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 03:00 PM   #16
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Nope. 6NS shows in the FA and I've done the VO coding of the HU. I have Office in the main menu and now my telephone when added shows "telephone 1" where-as it showed "telephone" before the FA change.
if you don't see the office checkbox in configure bluetooth won't work....

can you post a photo of your configure bluetooth screen?
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 09:13 AM   #17
voip-ninja
Rep

Quote:
if you don't see the office checkbox in configure bluetooth won't work....

can you post a photo of your configure bluetooth screen?
Yes, somehow after VO coding this option is not showing up. My car just got a TSB for reprogramming at the dealer so it is possible that theFW version on the at is causing problems with this working now.
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 04:17 PM   #18
clyjr
Rep

How do you get to that first screen? The second screen is how mine looks also, but when I re-pair my phone I get a notification on the phone asking if I want to share contacts and messages. After I allow it, I then get some of my text messages populated in office, but no new messages show up. I thought it was probably because I switched to Google Fi and now use Hangouts as my SMS app, but now I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere in the car I need to change?

Quote:
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 04:20 PM   #19
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyjr
How do you get to that first screen? The second screen is how mine looks also, but when I re-pair my phone I get a notification on the phone asking if I want to share contacts and messages. After I allow it, I then get some of my text messages populated in office, but no new messages show up. I thought it was probably because I switched to Google Fi and now use Hangouts as my SMS app, but now I'm wondering if there is a setting somewhere in the car I need to change?

Quote:
You click the option button when in the telephone screen and select configure Bluetooth
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 05:19 PM   #20
clyjr
Rep

Quote:
You click the option button when in the telephone screen and select configure Bluetooth
Interesting, so I found that screen and it showed the following :
Office (not checked)
Show Images (checked)
Telephone 2 (not checked)

so I checked the Office option, removed my phone, added it back, then clicked allow on contacts/messages when the notification came up on my phone.
Went back into that same screen above and office is still checked.
Went back to messages and it re-downloaded the same messages it was displaying before (nothing newer than 10/2015).

Strange...
Appreciate 0
      02-29-2016, 05:37 PM   #21
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyjr View Post
Interesting, so I found that screen and it showed the following :
Office (not checked)
Show Images (checked)
Telephone 2 (not checked)

so I checked the Office option, removed my phone, added it back, then clicked allow on contacts/messages when the notification came up on my phone.
Went back into that same screen above and office is still checked.
Went back to messages and it re-downloaded the same messages it was displaying before (nothing newer than 10/2015).

Strange...
not sure how it works on android, but on the iphone you only get messages received since you started the car, so they get cleared after you turn the car off
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2016, 11:18 AM   #22
AirbusH
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M135i LCI 2015

Quote:

It's the same with my uk sept 15 build 135i.
Don't get office box to tick on the Idrive with iPhone 6
There must be another value to change that is not in older versions?
Appreciate 0