E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior/interior) > Halo lights leveling question

02-04-2016, 02:16 AM   #1
TommyGun
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328iA

Halo lights leveling question

Hi there,
i'm from russia, and new for you
I have a pre-lci tiag 328ia(US model, from whittier,CA as the carfax tells). For russia it's a good balance for power due to high transport tax,starting over the 249hp. Soon it will dress in the m-tech sachs shocks, eibach pro-kits, antracite headliner and pretty sport seats. Cause the stock package is like an empty bucket) So that's the pre-history.

Unfortunately i have halo lights, and i have a question - where i can locate the light level wheel?
In Eu and rus cars with halos - it's always a leveling wheel near the light knob. In US - there's no one. Eur manual describes the lelevling wheel moment, US does not.
Maybe in US models there's auto leveling for the halo lights, like for HIDs?

If so, i'll retrofit HIDs, otherwise i'm afraid it'll be much expensive thing retrofitting all the leveling system and accorded wiring in russia nowadays, and i'll go for LCI halos with the company of Philips diamond visions...

thanx and sorry for my bad english))

Thats what i get on halogen:

And what it MUST look like

Or, i have this hardcore? => for leveling my lights i have to open the lid and rotate the knobs?

Last edited by TommyGun; 02-04-2016 at 04:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2016, 02:39 AM   #2
VTECaddict
Where'd my VTEC go?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 330i 6MT

You mean halo as in halogen right?

US laws do not require auto leveling or in cabin headlight leveling controls. US halogen are only adjustable with a screwdriver on the actual headlight.

You may be able to retrofit ECE halogen lights with the EU halogen switch with level adjustment, but I'm not sure what's involved to make it work.
Appreciate 0
      02-07-2016, 09:39 AM   #3
TommyGun
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328iA

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTECaddict View Post
You mean halo as in halogen right?
yes

Thanx, so i will retrofit euro LCI halogen headlights
Appreciate 0