E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Engine Management Re-Train Time ?

02-26-2008, 01:50 AM   #1
Fritzables
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2007 323i M-Sport

Engine Management Re-Train Time ?

Hi All,

Going back about 1,000Ks ago I fitted a Remus rear silencer to a 323i. The muffler was to suit a 325i but they share the same BMW Part Number.

Anyway, yesterday I had one of the engine lights come on - it was the one associated with adverse emissions.

This morning I took the car into my dealer who cleared the fault (which had been logged around 1,000Ks ago but only appeared yesterday) and whilst they were resetting they also set the engine management self learning feature back to as it was when it leaves the factory.

This has made an incredible difference to power delivery. The car has NEVER gone this hard even as I drove it off the show room floor. It has also got rid of the annoying power delivery hesitation that the car was producing around 7,000 RPM - the thing is a rocket at the moment and I hope it stays this way.

The question is, how long does it take the engine management system to complete the learning process and do I need to drive it hard in this time so it doesn't forget how I drive ?

Cheers
Fritzables
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2008, 02:02 PM   #2
GMWNashville
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 G05, 16 F80, 10 E70x5D

drive it hard...it will set adaptation values for that
Appreciate 0