BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > M2 vs... > BMW M2 vs Ford Focus RS

12-29-2015, 02:22 PM   #1
alien_junky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Hyundai Elantra GT

Question BMW M2 vs Ford Focus RS

First post, so trying to make it a good one. What do you guys think of the M2 vs Ford focus RS? I know they are completely different markets but not really, as the RS will go against the CLA45, STi, Golf R; and the M2 is after the CLA45 and A3, just to name a few.

They are both after CLA45 sales so they are also competitors. I've never owned a BMW but I join the forum because I am in LOVE with the M2. But the RS has a spot in my heart as I like rally cars.

What are your thoughts?
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 02:46 PM   #2
Benzima
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW M2

I am going for the BMW M2 because I already own a VW Golf R.

Both car are too different to be compared: awd vs rwd, 6cyl vs 4 cyl, hatch vs coupe, etc...

The BMW M2 will be a summer car for me. The RS would have been my second winter beater

I am sure both cars are great to drive.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 03:26 PM   #3
arsenalrocks
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: need a car, man

the M2 is the only car is that RWD, with 6 cylinder engine and 50/50 balanced.
All the rest are 100% fwd chassis with awd added on full of torque steer and massive massive understeer b/c of 65/35 weight distribution. even STI has its engine sitting entirely in front of the front axle.

clearly M2 is in its own league, rwd chassis > fwd every time
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2015, 07:04 PM   #4
Spook410
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Infiniti EX35

Regardless of weight distribution the Focus RS is going to be an absolute blast to drive. It should also be a practical daily driver even in winter. The reason I'm not getting one is that I had a Subaru WRX back in the day. Great car but got tired of the econobox bits. Think the Focus RS will be about the same. Still, sure would make a nice companion to something less practical like a Cayman S if you're OK with the hassle/expense of two cars.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2015, 06:34 AM   #5
alien_junky
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13 Hyundai Elantra GT

I love hot hatches, and living in Indiana the winters could be miserable sometimes, so the RS for me seems like a better choice. BUT I saw it at the auto show and was very very disappointed at how it looked very underwhelmed. Car look cheap and plasticy. NOT ABOUT THAT LIFE

Now if I keep my current econobox my Hyundai GT with 30 MPG combined and will be paid off in a year; I could use that during winter months then once the weather gets better break out the M2. I like that idea better, lol.

M2 FTW!!!
Appreciate 0