ARMA SPEED
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

12-21-2015, 01:41 PM   #1
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

My salesman says earliest might be end of January. Anyone hear anything else regarding quantities per dealer etc?
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 03:22 PM   #2
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
My salesman says earliest might be end of January. Anyone hear anything else regarding quantities per dealer etc?
I was told, if someone were selected to purchase the car, they should expect to hear about it in January. And there is no dealer "allocation" quantities in the traditional sense the word is used.
From other threads in this forum, there is, instead, a selection process taking place at BMWNA which is going to determine who, among a "group of buyers", will be offered the car. The "group of buyers" is, supposedly, comprised of names submitted by all dealers. The BMWNA selection criteria has not been announced (that I know of, other than the obvious you must have lots of $$$$$) so, we're left with guessing what the criteria might be. Additionally, it's not clear how this process will play out. If, for example, BMWNA tells a dealer one of his customers has been selected and the customer, subsequently, declines the offer then does the allocation stay with the dealer? Or does it go back to BMWNA where they will select another candidate?
If the scenario is accurate - it's very complicated, very mysterious and, IMO, very unnecessary.
Appreciate 0
      12-21-2015, 03:42 PM   #3
adamn1
Private
Rep
Drives: 318i Convertible

Nothing has been allocated yet. It will be after year end. The main factor for allocation is the store's M Retail Sales Performance, which will be measured when the year ends for us on January 4th.

Hope that helps!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 01:58 PM   #4
ACZakka325i
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2 stroke

Thanks guys. My dealer moves a lot of M's, but who knows if they will get 1 or 2. And even then I may not be "selected".
(Waitlist): #1 M2CSL
(Current): 2016 F15 X5 3.5xdrive - 2010 997.2 C4S Coupe
(Past): 2016 F30 340xi M-Sport -2013 535i xdrive
2008 E92 M3 - 2006 E90 325i
2002 E46 325xi - 1991 E30 325i
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #5
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
I was told, if someone were selected to purchase the car, they should expect to hear about it in January. And there is no dealer "allocation" quantities in the traditional sense the word is used.
From other threads in this forum, there is, instead, a selection process taking place at BMWNA which is going to determine who, among a "group of buyers", will be offered the car. The "group of buyers" is, supposedly, comprised of names submitted by all dealers. The BMWNA selection criteria has not been announced (that I know of, other than the obvious you must have lots of $$$$$) so, we're left with guessing what the criteria might be. Additionally, it's not clear how this process will play out. If, for example, BMWNA tells a dealer one of his customers has been selected and the customer, subsequently, declines the offer then does the allocation stay with the dealer? Or does it go back to BMWNA where they will select another candidate?
If the scenario is accurate - it's very complicated, very mysterious and, IMO, very unnecessary.
^^^^
This.

Outside of Ferrari, I have never seen this occur so blatantly. I told my dealership that I wanted one when the first announcements hit and since then I've purchased the i8 and an X5 for my mom. I would think that they would place these cars with enthusiasts and not speculators. I drive my cars and think that all cars deserve to be driven as their designers and engineers conceived them to be driven.

I apologize in advance if I've offended anyone but I believe in buy and drive, not buy and garage.

Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2015, 04:03 PM   #6
jhall1957
Captain
Rep
Drives: SE 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKSixer
Quote:
Originally Posted by fuddman View Post
^^^^
This.

Outside of Ferrari, I have never seen this occur so blatantly. I told my dealership that I wanted one when the first announcements hit and since then I've purchased the i8 and an X5 for my mom. I would think that they would place these cars with enthusiasts and not speculators. I drive my cars and think that all cars deserve to be driven as their designers and engineers conceived them to be driven.

I apologize in advance if I've offended anyone but I believe in buy and drive, not buy and garage.

Cheers-mk
Dude, you need to step back and breath. No where has BMW said anything about selling them to "collectors". BMWUSA did ask dealers to submit what I call "BMW Resumes" on interested clients. I did one and if I get one, this car will likely be driven on the track often. They do want the cars of people that will make them "visible".
BTW, buying a i8 doesn't put you in any special BMW group. It's a great car but they aren't selling like hotcakes, my dealer has 2 in showroom right now for whomever wants one.

Just wait and see, you may get one. Besides, just because you think one way doesn't mean we all must agree. I'm sure at least half of them will become "bubble cars", preserved for future generations to enjoy and nothing wrong with that!
      12-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #7
MKSixer
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1957 View Post
Dude, you need to step back and breath. No where has BMW said anything about selling them to "collectors". BMWUSA did ask dealers to submit what I call "BMW Resumes" on interested clients. I did one and if I get one, this car will likely be driven on the track often. They do want the cars of people that will make them "visible".
BTW, buying a i8 doesn't put you in any special BMW group. It's a great car but they aren't selling like hotcakes, my dealer has 2 in showroom right now for whomever wants one.

Just wait and see, you may get one. Besides, just because you think one way doesn't mean we all must agree. I'm sure at least half of them will become "bubble cars", preserved for future generations to enjoy and nothing wrong with that!
I said nothing about collectors. I said speculators. A totally different animal.

It is about the total commitment to the brand that I am discussing when I stated I purchased the i8 as well as all of the other business that I direct to the dealership. My mom's vehicle is the least of it.

We shall see what happens...I just believe that car's should be driven.
Cheers-mk
Appreciate 0