Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > BMW M4 GTS Discussions

12-18-2015, 10:30 AM   #1
Jason
Administrator
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

BMW M4 GTS: Interview with Joerg Weidinger

BIMMERPOST NEWS
BMW M4 GTS: Interview with Joerg Weidinger
COMMENTS
Name:  Screen Shot 2015-12-18 at 8.29.34 AM.jpg
Views: 4650
Size:  50.8 KB

Via m-power.com

Jörg Weidinger managed an outstanding time of approximately 7min 28s on the legendary Nürburgring North Loop in a BMW M4 GTS. We spoke to him.

Jörg, you work in the vehicle dynamics department at BMW M GmbH. What is your job exactly?

Joerg Weidinger: The team I work with integrates the components that are relevant to the vehicle's dynamics, with the aim of achieving optimum overall coordination that BMW M automobiles are known for; this results in the typical M driving sensation.

But it is not just at work that you are at the wheel of fast cars.

I worked for ten years as an instructor at BMW Driving Experience. And for more than twenty years I have been developing my passion for motor sports, in hill climb racing, circuit racing, slalom and rallies – and always with BMW models. My championship titles (two each in the European Hill Climb Championship and the German Hill Climb Championship) were my greatest successes, alongside a few good 24h races.

You managed an impressive time of 7min 28s in the new BMW M4 GTS on the North Loop. What is it that makes this car so fast?

The BMW M4 GTS is indeed a thrilling overall package. This is not just because of its formidable engine but the three-way coilover suspension also plays an important role. The kinematics, tyres, aerodynamics, and the design of the 'driver's workplace' – all of these components are coordinated to work together perfectly.

We are talking about 7min 28s. What was your exact time?

We timed it to a degree of hundredths of a second. But we would like to give our fans a chance to guess what the precise time was.

OK, so as a prize we will award the winner with a drive with you in the BMW M4 GTS on the North Loop of the Nürburgring.

Great. I will forward to it. You can enter your guesses here: CLICK HERE.

Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 11:21 AM   #2
aajami
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Space Gray '09 E92 M3

Where's the rest of it?
Mods: M Performance exhaust | ZCP retrofit | Euro airbox | GTS DCT flash | JPN 240 ECU flash | Euro LCI taillights | CRT lip | OEM alarm retrofit | Space Gray bumper plugs | BMW Performance: Mk. II spoiler / Mk. II non-electronic steering wheel / mirror caps / front grilles / side gills / intake louvers / emblem
Appreciate 1
      12-19-2015, 02:53 AM   #3
Scrippy
Lord Scrip
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 Coupe

Garage List
  [0.00]
2007 BMW 335i  [0.00]
I like when brands do enthusiast driven activities! This would be really cool to win! Just for the track alone but with a super knowledgable engineer of the brand too. I still looooove the E92 but I'd totally love to see the evolution of the series put to the test by a pro. Even if they changed its beautiful 3 to a 4.
      12-21-2015, 03:17 PM   #4
raysspl
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: walking, bicycle, & bus

Solid insights.