F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > F30/F32/F33 Classifieds (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor and Seller Review/Feedback Forum > Never ever try going to Laurel BMW of westmont
GetBMWParts

12-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #1
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 13' F30 385xi VNV Speed Custom

Garage List
Never ever try going to Laurel BMW of westmont

This dealership puts all dealerships to shame.
The level of unprofessionalism at all levels of that dealership is shocking, it's basically run by idiots who don't know a hood from a trunk.
I was defrauded by my SA first likely due to to him just being and idiot and not know anything about the N54/N55 engines(not acceptable). Then, after I was forced to shell out $900 to fix a broken charge pipe that should have been warrantied, I fought tooth and nail but they stuck to their guns and never once took any responsibility.
I eventually caved and just needed my car back, so I paid to have the job done. Months later I find this issue is not only possible (dealership claimed a charge pipe breaking is simply impossible) but very common and I was charged over 4x what I would have paid In a reasonable shop and should have paid $0 under warranty.
I tried to bring it back up with the Service and then General managers, Patrick Womack and Steve Olsen are experienced con artists and warranty fraudsters.
Just google Patrick Womack Laurel BMW, there are similar complaints about him rejecting warranty claims to pocket customer cash at a jacked up rate back when he was the SM, now he's the GM stay far away from there.
Their final response to me was that, "This happened in July, now it's December. End of story." (this was 2 months after I tried contacting them about it, they proved impossible to get ahold of without direct intervention by BMW NA, which happened... 4 times)
Apparently at Laurel of BMW there is a very short statue of limitations on fraud.
Never go or you will be scammed.
Also they are going to break your car.
When I started working on my car myself I found so many things broken, all previous work was done by Perillo BMW and more recently Laurel BMW, I've already spent over $600 replacing trim, clips, under bolts, nuts, clamps, and other items that were damaged by the dealership service center.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks

Last edited by cryptocar; 07-11-2016 at 06:46 PM.. Reason: clarity, formatting, readability
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 11:49 AM   #2
bmwperson
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4wheels

I have had some Dinan stuff installed at Laurel, dealt with
Jason Wnek and he was good. Maybe try a different SA, their Sales stuff are pretty bad though (tried to do my euro delivery through them).

Elmhurst has always been good for me but it's a bit of a drive. Keep in mind some SAs/Dealerships are more mod friendly then others.

Nice car btw
2014 BMW 335i xDrive 6spd loaded
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 01:41 PM   #3
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwperson
I have had some Dinan stuff installed at Laurel, dealt with
Jason Wnek and he was good. Maybe try a different SA, their Sales stuff are pretty bad though (tried to do my euro delivery through them).

Elmhurst has always been good for me but it's a bit of a drive. Keep in mind some SAs/Dealerships are more mod friendly then others.

Nice car btw
I had severe problems with everyone at the dealership my SA was James Randall and he was an idiot, his SM Steve Olsen is also an idiot who doesn't care about customers I went weeks without hearing back from him when he promised to call later in the day. Then finally I complained to AutoNation they put me in touch with the GM Patrick Womack and he's just as much of a jackass as the others. Not only that but Google his name and Laurel BMW you will find I'm not the only person who's found the Laurel service department to scam customers out of warranty fixes and replacements. It's appalling how bad that place is. I only ever went there because they were a Dinan Dealer but that doesn't mean a thing. They don't warranty to dinan they don't know anything about the mods they do and they aren't good at doing the things they're supposed to do. Not only that but Dinan is the biggest waste of money you can blow on your car. It's so mild, still had major problems, has 0 flexibility, and costs over 4 times more than their competitors much more powerful tunes. I regret ever sending a dime Dinan's way and am soooo happy to have just sold my Dinantronics Stage 2.
13' 335xi, ACF Tuned, ACF Stage 3 Turbo Kit (67mm),PDU PI, ACF Stage 4 LPFP, M-Perf Brakes, AEM CM10 Meth/Nitro, CG DR-1 + VS-1 3.5" Turboback, AFe S2 CAI+Ram Scoop, ER Chargepipe, Wagner EVOII Comp. FMIC, Stop-Tech SS Brake Lines, BMS Sport Oil Cooler Valve+Spacers F10mm R15mm, 19" Bridgestone Potenzas, KW EDC Coilovers, CF Seibon Hood + CSL trunk. Track:Pagid Race Pads, Stop-Tech Custom Pads Front+Rear Racing Tow Hooks
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 03:21 PM   #4
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Sorry about that OP but why would you pay $900 to fix the charge pipe?

Get a better quality Evolution Racewerks CP instead

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2015, 05:37 PM   #5
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
Sorry about that OP but why would you pay $900 to fix the charge pipe?

Get a better quality Evolution Racewerks CP instead
I was a different person back then Mike, I was an idiot regarding my car, I blew over $6k on Dinan stuff before I learned the truth about their products.
I fought tooth and nail to get them to warranty it at first since their story of "this just never happens" didn't make sense, and conflicted with another dealership, but I just gave in, because I needed my car back for work.

I had no idea there was even an option for upgraded CPs, nor did I even know what they were before the incident happened.

Only a month or 2 after I found ER's website and read their product description and saw the price for the pipe and realized damn, they scammed me.
From that instant on I went crazy (still going a little crazy) and went FBO within a month, got the ER CP, both TIC and TBIC, along with their FMIC, so now I've got a charge air system ready for some serious boost. I also got my DP from ER, love their products.
Appreciate 1
      12-30-2015, 12:09 PM   #6
smithf80
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G80 M3 6MT

Garage List
2022 G20 330i  [9.00]
2018 F80 M3  [9.75]
You should call BMW NA. Leave bad reviews on all their pages. Email blast to high level execs or anyone in the company really.

Just make their lives hell.
      12-30-2015, 12:29 PM   #7
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by smithf32
You should call BMW NA. Leave bad reviews on all their pages. Email blast to high level execs or anyone in the company really.

Just make their lives hell.
Been there done that. Filed official complaints with BMW NA and their parent company AutoNation. But in the end I still got nothing out of it.
Appreciate 0
      12-31-2015, 06:21 PM   #8
whoisthis
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw

not this bad but for me i called BMW headquarter and they tried to help me out. Any BMW dealerships should be afraid of getting bad reviews and surveys because BMW headquarter actually do something about the surveys and reviews they receive.
Thats whats good about BMW from my experience
Also leave bad review on BBB and Consumer Report
      12-31-2015, 07:10 PM   #9
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisthis
not this bad but for me i called BMW headquarter and they tried to help me out. Any BMW dealerships should be afraid of getting bad reviews and surveys because BMW headquarter actually do something about the surveys and reviews they receive.
Thats whats good about BMW from my experience
Also leave bad review on BBB and Consumer Report
BBB doesn't work with auto dealers in my state. I checked. And I spent a while dealing with BMW NA. I had a rep who was very helpful and helped me file formal complaints against them but then the dealer got so pissed at me for filing a complaint that they refused to even discuss anything further and bullshitted BMW NA to get out of having to do anything since all BMW NA actually had to go on as hard evidence was the bullshit report the scammers GM Patrick Womack and SM Steve Olsen put together.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2016, 04:55 AM   #10
whoisthis
First Lieutenant
Rep

people like that need to be really fired. i hope you can sort this out if you have time.
It would be nice if those customers can file a law suit against those con artists. BMW would probably try to settle it down before things get worse.
      01-01-2016, 07:07 AM   #11
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisthis
people like that need to be really fired. i hope you can sort this out if you have time.
It would be nice if those customers can file a law suit against those con artists. BMW would probably try to settle it down before things get worse.
I haven't given up my efforts to fuck these jackasses as badly as they fucked me. They honestly can't imagine the shitstorm that will come their way in the coming month. My job is even easier since googling these assholes names pops up with many stories very similar to mine with exactly the same managers. Fuck you Steve Olsen and fuck you Patrick Womack. You are criminals, assholes, and idiots to boot. I will be filling complaints weekly until BMW finally realizes how much I got fucked over.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2016, 01:46 AM   #12
whoisthis
First Lieutenant
Rep

best of luck to you. Bring them down for other BMW owners
      05-11-2016, 04:16 PM   #13
Earthmaster
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 15' M4 Austin Yellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
I haven't given up my efforts to fuck these jackasses as badly as they fucked me. They honestly can't imagine the shitstorm that will come their way in the coming month. My job is even easier since googling these assholes names pops up with many stories very similar to mine with exactly the same managers. Fuck you Steve Olsen and fuck you Patrick Womack. You are criminals, assholes, and idiots to boot. I will be filling complaints weekly until BMW finally realizes how much I got fucked over.
Update?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2016, 04:19 PM   #14
cryptocar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthmaster
Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptocar View Post
Update?
I've exhausted every effort I can with the owner of the dealer Autonation, dealers don't give a crap about the BBB, and months dealing with BMW NA got me nowhere, but I was able to file official complaints against the GM and the SM separately. Not sure that did anything but piss both of them off more. I continue my efforts by telling my story to locals I meet, but at this point there's just nothing else really left to do about these scam artists.
Appreciate 0