F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > Lease Questions-What To Negotiate
GetBMWParts

12-15-2015, 08:31 AM   #1
Stoofpilot
Naval Aviator
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Lease Questions-What To Negotiate

My 2013 328i lease is up in two months. I do not think that I did a good job negotiating on this car. Please tell me what different factors of the lease I can negotiate. What questions I should ask.
      12-15-2015, 08:37 AM   #2
the_phew
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 GTI 6MT, was 320i ZSP/ZMT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofpilot View Post
My 2013 328i lease is up in two months. I do not think that I did a good job negotiating on this car. Please tell me what different factors of the lease I can negotiate. What questions I should ask.
#1: The cap cost (i.e. what you pay for the car); you should be paying near invoice BEFORE incentives/rebates.

#2: The money factor. Make sure the dealership isn't marking up the base BMWFS money factor.

#3. Do seven Multiple Security Deposits. It's a no-brainer that returns over 12% annually to you. You aren't going to reliably beat that in the stock market (if you can, you should be driving a Ferrari, not a BMW). If you aren't familiar with this program, Google it or read one of the lease sticky threads here.

#4. Lease at the right time of the year. Historically, December has the best rebates/incentives/residuals. March is often a close second (end of Q1).

This is my favorite lease calculator:
http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/
With BMW, you should be able to score a "Deal Rating" of >100 pretty easily. If you can't, then you may want to go back to the drawing board.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 08:46 AM   #3
chrissal1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_phew View Post
#1: The cap cost (i.e. what you pay for the car); you should be paying near invoice BEFORE incentives/rebates.

#2: The money factor. Make sure the dealership isn't marking up the base BMWFS money factor.

#3. Do seven Multiple Security Deposits. It's a no-brainer that returns over 12% annually to you. You aren't going to reliably beat that in the stock market (if you can, you should be driving a Ferrari, not a BMW). If you aren't familiar with this program, Google it or read one of the lease sticky threads here.

#4. Lease at the right time of the year. Historically, December has the best rebates/incentives/residuals. March is often a close second (end of Q1).

This is my favorite lease calculator:
http://www.ridewithg.com/rwg-calculator/
With BMW, you should be able to score a "Deal Rating" of >100 pretty easily. If you can't, then you may want to go back to the drawing board.
Thanks for that link... Just used it for my deal...
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #4
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Money factor and residuals from BMWFS can be found on multiple sites these days.

Was recently researching a 328i, and found the MF to be .00131 for December. After the dealer quoted me a monthly payment that was way too high, I asked what MF he was using: .0017

??

It's frustrating, but I guess I can't blame them for trying to make more $$$.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 10:14 AM   #5
Stoofpilot
Naval Aviator
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

So how do you find out what the BMWFS real Money Factor should be? Do they publish it?
      12-15-2015, 11:18 AM   #6
Buzzo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: MT 244'80 V70R'07 Golf R'19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoofpilot View Post
So how do you find out what the BMWFS real Money Factor should be? Do they publish it?
The MF can usually be found on various forums, like this one, or Edmunds.com.
Personally, I found this spreadsheet to be very useful: http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=830104
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #7
otay
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 335i

Not to be a smart-a$$, but...

http://bfy.tw/3IdO

I used Edmunds forums.
Appreciate 0