F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > 3 and 4 Series Ordering / Pricing / Order Tracking Forum (and European Delivery) > East coast delivery waiting for ship for >1 week?
proTUNING Freaks

10-26-2015, 08:22 AM   #1
cardsdoc
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive Msport

East coast delivery waiting for ship for >1 week?

My car is destined for the Baltimore port and has been at port waiting for a ship for a week now. There have been several potential ships in that period of time and I know of one forum member who's F30 production finished after mine and got on a ship to Baltimore days ago. Next potential one isn't until 29th. What's up? My two other 3 series never waited this long.
      10-28-2015, 07:06 AM   #2
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 340xi

expect up to 3 weeks wait at port. congrats on car, my car is almost same config as yours
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 08:07 AM   #3
cardsdoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercar View Post
expect up to 3 weeks wait at port. congrats on car, my car is almost same config as yours
3 weeks! I may not survive if it takes that long. What's your config? I also saw you have posted that you are not too fond of the mixed summers on your 400Ms. I haven't minded the 18" all season RFT on my 2013 F30 but went for the summers this time since I put winter wheels/tires on anyway and it was no cost. They are much better than the first gen all season RFT on my e90. Are the mixed summer RFT you have as bad as the first gen ones on the e90 that handled rough roads terribly?
      10-28-2015, 09:04 AM   #4
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdoc View Post
3 weeks! I may not survive if it takes that long. What's your config? I also saw you have posted that you are not too fond of the mixed summers on your 400Ms. I haven't minded the 18" all season RFT on my 2013 F30 but went for the summers this time since I put winter wheels/tires on anyway and it was no cost. They are much better than the first gen all season RFT on my e90. Are the mixed summer RFT you have as bad as the first gen ones on the e90 that handled rough roads terribly?
yeah the summer bridgestones, are kind of harsh, noticeable road noise on highway. I am definitely switching to MPSS for my summers. Planning to get Sottozeros 3 for my winter tires.... if I had to order again, i would've gotten THP with 18" wheels, MPSS tires... i have same car config as yours except its AW, no EBT, top/side view camera

my m235i waited 3 weeks at port in march, only took 1 week for production
Appreciate 0
      10-28-2015, 09:20 AM   #5
cardsdoc
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmercar View Post
yeah the summer bridgestones, are kind of harsh, noticeable road noise on highway. I am definitely switching to MPSS for my summers. Planning to get Sottozeros 3 for my winter tires.... if I had to order again, i would've gotten THP with 18" wheels, MPSS tires... i have same car config as yours except its AW, no EBT, top/side view camera

my m235i waited 3 weeks at port in march, only took 1 week for production
That's too bad about the bridgestones. I heavily debated the THP. In the end all I really wanted was the VSS. I actually like the stock msport wheels. Also I didn't want non-runflats or have to pay another $900 to get the 19" wheels with runflats so opted to skip it. I didn't realize the bridgestone summer tires the 400M comes with aren't so good. Oh well.
      10-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #6
bimmercar
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsdoc View Post
That's too bad about the bridgestones. I heavily debated the THP. In the end all I really wanted was the VSS. I actually like the stock msport wheels. Also I didn't want non-runflats or have to pay another $900 to get the 19" wheels with runflats so opted to skip it. I didn't realize the bridgestone summer tires the 400M comes with aren't so good. Oh well.
I didn't get THP because it had the grey wheels which I didn't like. But I didn't realize the 400M wheels would come with run-flats, I had thought they would be MPSS. I was gonna keep the summer run-flats, but they really disappoint me, driving over anything other than smooth roads, is just uncomfortable. Yeah, I would choose VSS now, the non-VVS makes me turn too much the wheel when I am driving fast in the twisty backroads... , yeah my winter wheels are also 400M's if look on tirerack, bridgestone summers are rated at 6 out of 10.
Appreciate 0