F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > Bought a '12 328 - what updates?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-22-2015, 08:01 AM   #1
iluvbrownale
Rep
Drives: F30 328

Bought a '12 328 - what updates?

Hi all. I took delivery of a grey 328 sport 2012 from Sydney about a week ago and as I am new to the brand have been really impressed with its all round ability.

I have some noob questions I can't find answers for:

I am resisting going down the mod route as I have with my previous cars but want to also make sure I'm up to date with everything. I stumbled across something on the BMW website to update the software for phone connectivity via a downloadable USB - is this worth doing?

Also, I'm running 2012 maps. Not a problem in Tassie really but I'd like newer. Where do people go to get reliable updates as I assume the dealer network charges good money to do so?

I have the Business Navigation system - what is the acronym that applies? CIC/CCC/NBT/NFI.....

I assume any connectivity apps and email thingos are out of the question too with the above system? Any 'hacks' to watch DVD's or stuff off phone/usb?

Any other tips for the beginner (eg reliable websites and sellers) appreciated also.

Cheers & thanks in advance

Mike

P.s any way to get rid of the bloody nanny message about using Nav every time the car starts up??
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #2
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
Hi Mike.

Congrats on the new ride. All the answers you're after can be found by on this site easily but here's an overview.

The Bluetooth update can help with pairing newer devices but it's not critical. Easy to install anyway.

Map updates can be purchased from vendors found on this site. Dealers are usually much pricier.

You have CIC. Likely Motion or Move. I'm not sure about the business rig.

Connectivity will depend on whether you have the extended Bluetooth connectivity but at best you will likely read SMS. Email is bit hit and miss depending on your phone.

Your biggest and first read should be about the wonderful world of coding. It can get rid of the warning message as well as a bunch of other things you might like enabled or disabled. There's a couple of good threads on the Aussie section here you should read to get an idea.

Hope this helped!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 03:16 PM   #3
MikeVictor
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: anything given a chance

Garage List
I should add- don't be afraid to mod the car it will reward you for it
Appreciate 0