E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Temporarily close off oil cooler housing unit

10-20-2015, 03:24 PM   #1
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,19 x3 M40 wife

Temporarily close off oil cooler housing unit

Hi back story , I have a 08 n54 no oil cooler. I have purchased a housing unit with the thermostat and oem lines. I have not yet decided which core set up or lines to use. I must have some work done , AC drier shot so mecanic will be there and have most of the bay open for easy access and car wll be tied up. I could use this time to install new housing unit cheeper and with less down time, it is my DD. but I want to close off with the oem plugs the hose lines, i will not DIY on the housing install. That way when i get around to sourcing the remaining core and lines which i do plan to DIY install i can just plug and play. No rush for cooler live in Jersey winter comming.

So the question is if I plug the tstat unit closed by capping off the line inputs do I leave the thermostat alone, do I remove the TSTAT altogether, do the reverse spring bypass or use the burger bypass????? Clearly I do not know how the hosing works just looking for some thoughts on this if it can be done and how. Again there is a method to my madness, if it can be done I want to do it, Thanks for your help
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
TomD335xicoupe
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335XI me ,19 x3 M40 wife

Can anyone help me with this?
Appreciate 0