E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Off-Topic Discussions > Phone Insuranc

10-19-2015, 12:33 PM   #1
Crossy
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport touring

Phone Insuranc

I'm hoping that people on here having dealt with insurance companies before can help me out with the right things to say...

I've recently got back from a trip in America with work (military) on which my phone was broken! The actual story is that it was in my day sack which was in the back of my wagon. We were working out of armoured humvees. On return to camp one of the lads emptied the boot space of all kit and everyone's day sacks. Rather than move it to a safe area it was left behind the wagon. So when it was emptied I moved the wagon to the motor pool (car park, moving forwards not backwards).

On return to the offload area I collect my daysack and my other kit and go back to my accom. On emptying my bag and going to use my phone I noticed that it's been smashed, now this is no crack from a 5ft drop (onto sand) it appears my phone had been driven over by whoever was behind me. Bent and completely cracked screen!

The question is, do you think I'd be covered by this version of accounts or do you think it would be rejected on grounds of my own negligence? Any help received will be much appreciated...

Crossy
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 01:10 PM   #2
Thermobaric
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW E92

So it was in your bag when it was run over? Did you not notice a smushed bag?

I wouldn't have thought you need to be so specific. I would say you were on a US mil base for training. The phone was in your bag. Your bag was moved by a third party from your vehicle where you left it and damage was inflicted when it was moved.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 02:57 PM   #3
apollo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F82 Sakhir Orange

My son recently dropped his phone when getting into his car and reversed over it and it was covered without question.
Appreciate 0
      10-19-2015, 03:09 PM   #4
Crossy
Rep
Drives: 320d m sport touring

Didn't really notice the bag had been driven over as was pretty dark when we we got back.

Never really claimed on insurance before so not sure how in depth they would venture... Being insurance companies all you ever really hear is how they try and avoid paying out.

On that note I shall give them a ring tomorrow and see what they say. Thanks for your replies! Much appreciated!
Appreciate 0