BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW M2 Forum > Pricing / Ordering / European Delivery / PCD > UK deals

10-15-2015, 02:50 PM   #1
Haslamhazza
Private
Rep
Drives: Just got M2

UK deals

Went to dealer to see about getting an M2. Nothing off! Anyone else had any success?
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #2
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Lol nah I'd severely doubt it yet.
      10-15-2015, 04:00 PM   #3
Haslamhazza
Private
Rep
Drives: Just got M2

I know, but u got to ask!!
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, 991 C2

Expect to pay sticker (at least) on a brand new car in high demand. Those ordering should be thankful they can get build slots and sticker price (Cayman GT4, GT3 RS etc).
Appreciate 0
      10-15-2015, 05:33 PM   #5
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M2GB View Post
I got 15% off
Did they slide in afterwards with service package, tyre insurance and gap insurance and all the stuff they actually make money on?

But in all seriousness, 15% is canny. At least push for floor mats haha. Also helps if you're trading in as they can profit off both aspects so are more willing to shift the weighting.
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2015, 04:19 AM   #6
Inverted
Private
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatisntnow View Post
Expect to pay sticker (at least) on a brand new car in high demand. Those ordering should be thankful they can get build slots and sticker price (Cayman GT4, GT3 RS etc).
Wonder how many M2's will end up being in the North East. Which dealer you going through?

M2 CS - On order
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2015, 04:28 AM   #7
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
Wonder how many M2's will end up being in the North East. Which dealer you going through?
I don't have any immediate plans to trade the m235i in as I've only had it just over a year. Ill be waiting a couple of years to see what developments (if any) happen in the M2 CSL arena and weigh up between that or an M3. Ive had dealings with both lloyds in Newcastle and Cooper Durham. Currently with the latter, although both are good and it was more convenient travelling to Durham in my case. Ive only seen 3 other M235is in the area over the past year, so can't imagine seeing more M2s although I'm sure they'll be around eventually.
Appreciate 1
      10-26-2015, 11:20 AM   #8
Janerz
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Electrostar 377

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted View Post
Every dealer in the country is being allocated 3 M2s. So i was told by Cooper Croydon
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2015, 03:06 AM   #9
Inverted
Private
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janerz View Post
Every dealer in the country is being allocated 3 M2s. So i was told by Cooper Croydon
Im No.3 at my local so thats good.

M2 CS - On order
Appreciate 1
      10-29-2015, 03:29 AM   #10
M2GB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 and M2

Do any of you have an Order number (after paying the deposit)?

Does an order number, mean that you have a build slot?
Appreciate 0
      11-30-2015, 11:12 AM   #11
Smee.x.Again
Can't Wait
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M2 (Oct '16), Nissan GT-R

I have a build slot, delivery for Oct - I wanted October.

UK dealers are getting an M2 for every 250 cars they sell. My dealer, I think, is getting 3 plus their demo - at the minute my understanding is. Alot of the dealers are going to get demonstrators but given the order books are full I can see these being sold pretty pronto.

My dealer has sold all 3 of their cars for 2016. It would not surprise me if BMW increase the production in 2016. If they dont, when they release the car, the waiting list will already be over a year.

I am looking forward to it, but its not a 1M coupe, it will be produced in significant numbers. My dealer told me, there would be 400 in the UK in 2016, this is a very low number. I had a Nissan GT-R back in 2009, Nissan produced 700 for the UK in its first year.

Roll on April and seeing it in the flesh
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 03:32 AM   #12
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E30 M3, 1M,

But reading articles all seem to suggest there is no dedicated production line so how are they likely to produce mass numbers? It seems as though this is being produced on the standard 2 series line unlike M3/M4?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 04:08 AM   #13
Smee.x.Again
Can't Wait
United Kingdom
Rep

Its is the general 2 series production line, to make more M2s, you make less 218d's or less 2 series Active Tourers.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 05:48 AM   #14
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod99
But reading articles all seem to suggest there is no dedicated production line so how are they likely to produce mass numbers? It seems as though this is being produced on the standard 2 series line unlike M3/M4?
It doesn't have it own dedicated line.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 06:42 AM   #15
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee.x.Again View Post
Its is the general 2 series production line, to make more M2s, you make less 218d's or less 2 series Active Tourers.
I just feel there is a lot of speculation about this being a mass volume car however there is nothing concrete from BMW to suggest it will be if it doesn't have a dedicated production line. Mass volume compared to what? A 1M? Dealers also seem to be "pissing in the wind" as there all telling customers different stories just to get people to pay deposits. One guy i spoke to wanted a 5K deposit! Like WTF?! .

I suppose not having a dedicated production line potentially makes this car more profitable for BMW as its a parts bin special.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 07:11 AM   #16
PackPride85
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod99 View Post
I just feel there is a lot of speculation about this being a mass volume car however there is nothing concrete from BMW to suggest it will be if it doesn't have a dedicated production line. Mass volume compared to what? A 1M? Dealers also seem to be "pissing in the wind" as there all telling customers different stories just to get people to pay deposits. One guy i spoke to wanted a 5K deposit! Like WTF?! .

I suppose not having a dedicated production line potentially makes this car more profitable for BMW as its a parts bin special.
None of these cars have dedicated production lines. It would make zero sense especially for a low volume car. I've done some work in the Ford manufacturing facilities, its pretty amazing to see so many different models roll through a single line.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 09:12 AM   #17
Smee.x.Again
Can't Wait
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod99 View Post

BMW are certainly going to have to plan in, increases in production, this may take a year to kick in. As I mentioned above, my dealer is getting an M2 demonstrator and 3 customer cars in 2016. I dont think BMW will go mad with the volumes, and it will be mass volumes compared to the 1M and it will take time to ramp up production.

Only 400 cars for the UK in 2016, I dont see many of them available come April. Demand in the 1st year will outstrip supply.

My dealer took a £1k deposit which I thought quite reasonable. £5k is taking the p1$$.

Hotrod99, You trading your 1M?
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 12:01 PM   #18
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Hi Smee.x.

Interesting that you already have a confirmed ETA for October. I asked my dealer (same dealer who supplied my 1M) and he's not able to confirm a build allocation or slot as yet. I'm in no hurry but he did say it would be 2016 delivery and they have two cars. One of which was pre-sold before i reserved the second.

I've havent spec'd as yet as i'm unsure between going for a manual or DCT. He wants me to drive a M4 DCT before i decide.

As for the 1M - i had it from new and let it go last year; various factors really; space, arrival of a new baby, moving house etc. and i wasnt driving it anywhere near what i'd have liked to. Sold it with 6K on the clock with me owning from new. We've now moved and i got the wife something more suited (4x4) for her and the little one which means i can play with cars again.

Some say i might regret getting rid of the 1M but the M2 is promising to be something really special (so i hope). Its just missing that rarity element which is a bit of a bummer... 1M was an amazing machine - no doubt about it. Those who have had it will know.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2015, 04:48 PM   #19
M2GB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 911 and M2

I haven't had confirmation from the dealer as to a delivery date yet. My order form states 20/04 but I assume this is just the launch date and meaningless.

I did place my order at 8.30am on the day of launch.

How do the allocations work? My dealer took 8 orders on day 1. Does that mean some won't get filled until 2017? Then again this was The London flagship dealer....
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2015, 05:56 PM   #20
Hotrod99
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Eight orders even for a flagship dealer sounds like "let me take your money and sit on it" syndrome. They'll be lucky to even supply half that number unless they've taken deposits on the basis of delivering in 2017. The U.K. Launch is 16/04/16.

The problem is dealers are just as much in the dark as the customers.
Appreciate 0
      12-03-2015, 03:58 PM   #21
Smee.x.Again
Can't Wait
United Kingdom
Rep

Dealer phoned me today. The cars are getting assigned to productions weeks, he told me, mine was due for production in week 36, which is early September and delivery would be late September.

He also mentioned that there are doubts they will get a demonstrator, which I doubt given the demand he has experienced.

My dealer has two satellite dealerships and they're getting an M2 each, so for the area I live in, we have 5 M2's for 2016.

The main outlet has 3 cars coming in 2016, June, Sept and Nov/Dec.

Hi hotrod99, Double clutch gearbox is the reason I didn't go for the 1M, so I knew I wanted the M2 straight away. I loved the Double clutch gearbox in the GT-R, that was my favourite feature in the car, better than the engine, it was just awesome. Tbh, the engine was scary. But it's a good point by your dealer, you should have a go in an auto M3/4, I love the fact you can down shift two gears by pressing the paddle twice (assuming the revs won't damage the engine, otherwise the car won't let you switch down, love the tech!).
Appreciate 0
      12-04-2015, 11:30 AM   #22
Smee.x.Again
Can't Wait
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smee.x.Again View Post
My dealer has two satellite dealerships and they're getting an M2 each, so for the area I live in, we have 5 M2's for 2016.
Visited the dealer today, another interesting fact, which really amazes me with respect to M2 production.

In the last 12 months they have sold 12 i8's. Yet in the last 9 months of 2016, April to Dec 2016, they will only have 5 M2s.

Not wanted to sound too Spock of of Star Trek, but this just doesn't make logical sense to me. They've sold 12 off cars that are £100k but they're limiting the sales of a £44-47k car to only 5, simple supply and demand economics tells me demand is going to far exceed supply in the UK.

If all of this is true, I think if you are receiving a car in April in the UK, you will be able to drive it for a year and sell it in April 17 for what you paid for it.
Appreciate 0