E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > OEM coils less than a year old and bad already ?

10-09-2015, 09:47 PM   #1
Jason84
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i

OEM coils less than a year old and bad already ?

Well I bought my car in Feb. bought a cobb tuner and ER fmic with a cobb panel filter ran stage 1+ had misfire cyl 3 so installed new plugs since the dealer records show coils and plugs were replaced a year ago. So when I did that moved coil 3 to 1 just to make sure if I had an issue I knew it might be a coil and not an injector or anything else. And car has been fine for the last few months. So I installed cobb downpipes tonight and went to stage 2+ and now I have cyl 1 misfire. So assuming that is a weak coil. I used BMW OEM plugs but I am only running 93 octane stage 2+ aggressive tune.

Does the dealer part have any kind of warranty at all or am I just stuck buying a new coil ? And is Bosch / BMW the same so I can just buy a Bosch replacement a bit cheaper ? I would like to buy a good quality coil not cheap aftermarket brands.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
Jklad
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Coupe

Yes BMW parts purchased over the counter have 2 year warranty. But Your tuned so if you bring it in they will blame it on that. So I would just just pony up the $40 bucks for a new one and avoid all the hassle.