F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Florida > Jacksonville/Gainesville Fl - Recommendations for detailers and auto/repair shops
Studio RSR

10-07-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Sasha213
Rep
Drives: '14 435i Imperial Blue

Jacksonville/Gainesville Fl - Recommendations for detailers and auto/repair shops

Hi guys, I'm pretty new to the forums so I mistakenly posted this around a few other places (been on the mobile app, so I didn't some of the possible forums). Since it seems like this is finally the right place, I'll post again:

I just bought a 435i, and I'm looking around at all the different independent shops in Jacksonville, Fl. (Or Gainesville, Fl)

I got it pre-owned 2014, and I love the car but it's clear the previous owner took poor care of it. The paint has some chips and dings, and the paint is also swirled. I knew that when I bought it, and it's how I got such a good deal, but now it's time to fix it.

The local dealer is Tom Bush BMW, but I wanted to know what other options I had. The two independent shops I've heard of are Sam's Automotive and DBMW. My car is still in warranty, but the rear-bumper could use some work and I'm also just looking to establish a relationship with a shop for when I need repairs down the line.

I'm also looking for a good detailer, mainly for the swirling/scuffs. I know I could do it myself, but I'd like to get it professionally done the first time. Is there a real difference in BMW detailing/paint vs other cars? There's a detailer I've always been to before who did a great job on my older (non-BMW) cars. But now that I've got a BMW I just want to double check. But honestly, even if the detailer doesn't do the greatest job, nothing is permanent, right? I can just get a better job the next time.

I figured I'd ask around here to make the best of everyone's experiences. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      01-31-2016, 07:47 PM   #2
jaxxx
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Hey, I'm in Jax , PM me. I'm looking to get a 4/ series as we speak.
Appreciate 0
      02-01-2016, 11:12 AM   #3
roxxor
Major
Rep
Drives: 2024 iX50

I'm in Jax as well, not too familiar with detailers as I usually wash/wax it myself, but if you ever need any coding/retrofits done, let me know!

Congrats on the purchase!
Appreciate 0
      06-08-2016, 10:54 AM   #4
Vitaly928
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by roxxor View Post
I'm in Jax as well, not too familiar with detailers as I usually wash/wax it myself, but if you ever need any coding/retrofits done, let me know!

Congrats on the purchase!
Hey I have an E90. I may need some coding done in the future. It's the same software as for your car too, right? Do you use INPA? if so, I have the program and everything, I just can't seem to instal it correctly. It gives me errors all the time. Maybe you can help.
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2016, 09:07 PM   #5
e90TiAg335i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 10 e90 335i

Garage List
2010 e90 335i  [7.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vitaly928 View Post
Hey I have an E90. I may need some coding done in the future. It's the same software as for your car too, right? Do you use INPA? if so, I have the program and everything, I just can't seem to instal it correctly. It gives me errors all the time. Maybe you can help.
Software is different between e9x and f series.

JB4, DP, VMR V710, Sonic Tuning S1 coilovers, Hybrid Ovations, Soundsplinter 10" and Zapco DC Ref amps
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2016, 11:34 AM   #6
kpeng
Banned
Rep
Drives: F30 M-Sport + E30 Super ETA

Bavarian Auto Gruppe in Gainesville for repair. I wouldn't take my car to anyone else other than Skylar.
Appreciate 0