E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Weird timing drops on cylinder 6

10-06-2015, 10:33 PM   #1
Redbmwm33
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Bmw m9

Weird timing drops on cylinder 6

Anyone else have weird timing drops on cylinder 6?

http://datazap.me/u/artsoasis/bqe60-...-5-6-7-8-15-19

Do these logs look ok? Just a timing drop at the end of 5th gear.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 04:12 AM   #2
RSL
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is

Boost mean is miles above boost req abs. Are you using maxboost or something, or is Dimitri just working some PID black magic? Inlets? I need to get on this E85 bandwagon and move out of town. Where do you have room to do 5th to 6th gear pulls, I35, I10, SH130?

What's your actual torque on the 6th gear shift? Maybe a bit too much or hitting a soft limiter? Is it repetitive? It's not pulling much, but there's something post-shift it doesn't like as much as the other gears.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 06:01 AM   #3
Redbmwm33
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSL View Post
Boost mean is miles above boost req abs. Are you using maxboost or something, or is Dimitri just working some PID black magic? Inlets? I need to get on this E85 bandwagon and move out of town. Where do you have room to do 5th to 6th gear pulls, I35, I10, SH130?

What's your actual torque on the 6th gear shift? Maybe a bit too much or hitting a soft limiter? Is it repetitive? It's not pulling much, but there's something post-shift it doesn't like as much as the other gears.
No inlets and I hope he is using PID Magic lol. I'll send you a PM, but it's a really well paved road in the middle of nowhere in Mexico.

I'm not sure about the actual torque. It's repetitive so far as of lately.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 07:49 AM   #4
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 Z4 sDrive35i M Sport 6MT

I figured that's what it was or someone messed with the map. When you upgraded your inlets it needed to be retuned and that's why you got hell rain of throttle closures.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 08:48 AM   #5
Redbmwm33
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuraQ View Post
I figured that's what it was or someone messed with the map. When you upgraded your inlets it needed to be retuned and that's why you got hell rain of throttle closures.
I haven't upgraded my inlets though and this was the latest map I received? I also do not have max boost. I have no idea how to change a map. Maybe it was the air temperature dropping pretty low compared to my other logs? It's the first time it's been in the 60s here. Before all my logs where in the 80s+

How can you tell the car has throttle closures?
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 10:19 AM   #6
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsoasis View Post
I haven't upgraded my inlets though and this was the latest map I received? I also do not have max boost. I have no idea how to change a map. Maybe it was the air temperature dropping pretty low compared to my other logs? It's the first time it's been in the 60s here. Before all my logs where in the 80s+

How can you tell the car has throttle closures?
Gotcha, miss read your post thought you said inlets, my bad. I sent you a map update last night.

Actual Load and Boost "both" spike clamping down flat lower than the spike, that is an indication of throttle closure. As stated in my email to you last night with the updated map, no the log is not ok. Log TPS and you will see it close about 70% or more when you hit the TMAP sensor limit if you need to validate

When there is no throttle closure there is no spike, actual load remains dynamic ie looks normal but both boost means and boost go static flat with no clamping. Here is an example of it in my own log my own car not a customers car

http://datazap.me/u/buraq/bqzilla?lo...118&mark=54-77
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 11:44 AM   #7
Redbmwm33
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Gotcha, miss read your post thought you said inlets, my bad. I sent you a map update last night.

Actual Load and Boost "both" spike clamping down flat lower than the spike, that is an indication of throttle closure. As stated in my email to you last night with the updated map, no the log is not ok. Log TPS and you will see it close about 70% or more when you hit the TMAP sensor limit if you need to validate

When there is no throttle closure there is no spike, actual load remains dynamic ie looks normal but both boost means and boost go static flat with no clamping. Here is an example of it in my own log my own car not a customers car

Going to load the new map and test. Thanks for the very fast email response Demitri. I completely missed it last night. I'll upload the latest map and test it out.
Appreciate 0
      10-07-2015, 01:32 PM   #8
RSL
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 ///M3 (Retired) / 335is

That makes sense, couldn't figure how boost was that high relative to req without closures, didn't know the flat line indicated that without logging throttle position, learned something Weather at night is beautiful lately.

I'll get back in touch with you one of these days for an E85 tune after I finally get the inlets and install
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 08:57 PM   #9
Redbmwm33
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

Updated log:
http://datazap.me/u/artsoasis/bqe60-n20-ila0s-v10
Appreciate 0
      10-08-2015, 09:40 PM   #10
BQTuning
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsoasis View Post