E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Waterpump/thermostat/temp sensor

10-03-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
streetdreamz335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 bmw 335i

Waterpump/thermostat/temp sensor

2008 335i auto..Just replaced all these items last weekend myself after getting the engine hot pull over and pulling codes and only coming up with the coolant temp below thermostat regulating temp p0128 I did a complete coolant flush as well removed the ic to get to the drain plug and almost every hose was replaced by OEM hoses from Bmw for the coolant system now my problem is I've done the bleeding procedure 4 times now and I'm still getting the car overheated pull over but with no check engine light it will only do after maybe 1hr of driving whether it be freeway or street im plugging in my obd2 scanner and nothing is coming up at all the pumps working fine I checked all voltage and same with the temp sensor and thermostat I have no leaks and am not loosing coolant anywhere im just exhausted with how much of a pain in the ass this car has been recently I have no problems working on my cars or the upkeep just sucks not being able to take long trips just wondering if anyone has had any of the same issues or any ideas before I bite the bullet and take it into Bmw and get raped I've read every post and googled every phrase so before you all start flaming me I've done the search thing!!! im leaning toward the battery now since its original and it's now 8yrs old and recently started to get the battery discharge come up on idrive like I said any help or info would be great.. Thanks guys
      10-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #2
theweebabySeamus
Captain
Rep
Drives: M3

If the battery has enough power to start the car repeatedly I don't see it having any issue powering the WP. I don't see the battery as the culprit here.
Appreciate 0
      10-03-2015, 07:17 PM   #3
j1gilles
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdreamz335i
2008 335i auto..Just replaced all these items last weekend myself after getting the engine hot pull over and pulling codes and only coming up with the coolant temp below thermostat regulating temp p0128 I did a complete coolant flush as well removed the ic to get to the drain plug and almost every hose was replaced by OEM hoses from Bmw for the coolant system now my problem is I've done the bleeding procedure 4 times now and I'm still getting the car overheated pull over but with no check engine light it will only do after maybe 1hr of driving whether it be freeway or street im plugging in my obd2 scanner and nothing is coming up at all the pumps working fine I checked all voltage and same with the temp sensor and thermostat I have no leaks and am not loosing coolant anywhere im just exhausted with how much of a pain in the ass this car has been recently I have no problems working on my cars or the upkeep just sucks not being able to take long trips just wondering if anyone has had any of the same issues or any ideas before I bite the bullet and take it into Bmw and get raped I've read every post and googled every phrase so before you all start flaming me I've done the search thing!!! im leaning toward the battery now since its original and it's now 8yrs old and recently started to get the battery discharge come up on idrive like I said any help or info would be great.. Thanks guys
Did you check to make sure your fan is working?
      10-03-2015, 07:21 PM   #4
streetdreamz335i
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 bmw 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1gilles
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetdreamz335i
Did you check to make sure your fan is working?
It's definitely working turns on when it says it overheating