THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum BMW 2 Series Coupe and Cabriolet (F22/F23) General Forum How many of you paid extra for Xenon?

09-28-2015, 08:29 AM   #1
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep
Drives: None atm

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
How many of you paid extra for Xenon?

Hey guys i was wondering how many of you paid extra for the Xenon lights?

Cause i read the brochure that i got before i bought the car for the sake of it where it states and i quote from the Swedish brochure

"Xenonstrålkastare för hel- och halvljuset, med automatisk ljusviddreglering och accentbelysning i LED-teknik. De fyra ljusringarna i LED-teknik kan användas
som varselljus och parkeringsljus. För M235i ingår xenonstrålkastare i standardutrustningen."

witch simply means for the M235i the Xenons are standard equipment and i remember paying like 500€ extra for them.

Anyone else remembers this part?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #2
den525
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M
Hey guys i was wondering how many of you paid extra for the Xenon lights?

Cause i read the brochure that i got before i bought the car for the sake of it where it states and i quote from the Swedish brochure

"Xenonstrålkastare för hel- och halvljuset, med automatisk ljusviddreglering och accentbelysning i LED-teknik. De fyra ljusringarna i LED-teknik kan användas
som varselljus och parkeringsljus. För M235i ingår xenonstrålkastare i standardutrustningen."

witch simply means for the M235i the Xenons are standard equipment and i remember paying like 500€ extra for them.

Anyone else remembers this part?
Xenon is standard
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 09:39 AM   #3
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
IT was an option for me :-(
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 09:48 AM   #4
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: M235i 6MT

For M235i, Xenon must be standard.

If you paid, you got ripped off.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:18 PM   #5
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Well this was the order sheet when i bought the car pretty much the receipt for it. And i tried to explain as well as i could with the € value but you get point so what do you think, Should i call my dealer and ask hey whats going on or ?

Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:30 PM   #6
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Wow they charged you extra for folding rear seats, rear headrests, bluetooth and instructment cluster?
I thought these are already built into the car and can't possibly be removed.

Far as I know, xenons are standard for all 2 series even the 228i in Canada. Only in America, halogens are standard for 228i, never M235i. That's because cars are cheap in USA.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:40 PM   #7
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Well im curius if more people got charged extra for stuff that was supose to be standard.
Cause this thursday im going to the dealer to have an oil change cause i got 8000 km on the meter. And they will charge me extra for that and charge extra for them to check my rear breaks cause they're squiking like crazy . So they said if we are going to lubricate them it costs extra. I'm kinda disappointed with my dealership cause of this ��
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 12:46 PM   #8
German1967
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M235xi - 2022 992 C2S Cab

Pricing and features vary by country. Hence, it is a mute point to compare across regions. Best is to compare against the country specific price/order guide.
      09-28-2015, 01:21 PM   #9
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
I'm more curious about the xenon thing then the other stuff cause it states in the brouschre that xenons are standard. I know that prices vary widely depending on where you live. And I am well aware of that Sweden is one of the worst countries to buy a car in. I just don't want to pay for something that Is supposed to be standard on a car.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 01:39 PM   #10
Merc for hire
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden_88M View Post
I'm more curious about the xenon thing then the other stuff cause it states in the brouschre that xenons are standard. I know that prices vary widely depending on where you live. And I am well aware of that Sweden is one of the worst countries to buy a car in. I just don't want to pay for something that Is supposed to be standard on a car.
You are right to have this suspicion.
M235i is a not a stripper base model car, it is suppose to have a bunch of options standard, anywhere in the world.

Unless it's a Swedish tradition for car dealers to rip off customers by charging for standard features. You should not be paying for these 'options'.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 01:47 PM   #11
Viffermike
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 black-n-blue 718 Cayman

Quote:
And that's the thing: asking anyone except someone else in Sweden who owns a Swedish-spec M235i is worthless to you, Alden. Even among so-called 'Euro-spec' cars there are standard-equipment differences from country to country due to regional regulations and laws.

My advice to you would be threefold:
- Use a "VIN decoder" website (do a search; there are several) to determine standard and optional equipment specific to your particular car's Vehicle Identification Number
- Go to a BMW dealer other than the one you bought your car from and inquire about the Xenon question
- Find the proper-year version of the BMW 2-series brochure for the Swedish market (if it exists) and determine standard equipment from that.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:19 PM   #12
ABPReader
Deserter
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BM&W

Last edited by ABPReader; 10-14-2015 at 03:34 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Weird why call something standard, If it ain't gonna be standard across the board. It like saying well lets make the steering wheel an option in this country but the other it should be standard cause nobody needs a steering wheel in the first country anyway. (well this might actually not be to far of when self driving cars hit the roads)

But again it says so in the brochure that is in Swedish so its either specified for my country or its specified for some other country. And just translated to Swedish, But that would be false advertising imo more then anything else.

Same thing with those who got a refund on XX amount of money cause they ordered the Harman Kardon speakers system with 16 speakers and got 12. Same should be applied here if i order a car that says standard Xenon and it costs me loads of money instead.

For Example at BMWs Swedish site the Harman Kardon kosts 490€ for the M135i but on the M235i basically the same setup they charge you 720€ same setup and everything can't say the M135i sets it self so much apart from the M235i other then being a 5 door hatchback. And i checked that is was the My2016 of M235i and it is so i have no idea whats going on.

Is something messed up in the marketing department of BMW or what ?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:49 PM   #14
allthatisntnow
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M2C, 991 C2

It could potentially be itemised on the bill and be standard/included in the base price. Porsche, for one, used to have the vehicle tracking system listed on the bill yet it is actually part of the base price and cannot be deselected. Maybe a similar thing occurs here? What does the sweedish online configurator have it as... a selectable option?
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 02:52 PM   #15
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allthatisntnow View Post
It could potentially be itemised on the bill and be standard/included in the base price. Porsche, for one, used to have the vehicle tracking system listed on the bill yet it is actually part of the base price and cannot be deselected. Maybe a similar thing occurs here? What does the sweedish online configurator have it as... a selectable option?
Not anymore sens MY2016 it says standard Xenon.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 03:38 PM   #16
Cyberdemon
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 40i, 2018 M3 Comp

Is your car a 2016 MY? If not then it may have only been made standard equipment since the past year. I just looked at the Swiss BMW website and the M235i does not include Xenon's they are part of a package.

Otherwise, go back to your dealer and yell at them. Perhaps they sold you a car based on an outdated build list.
      09-28-2015, 03:49 PM   #17
ABPReader
Deserter
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BM&W

Last edited by ABPReader; 10-14-2015 at 03:35 AM..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 03:53 PM   #18
M2BMW
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Weird why call something standard, If it ain't gonna be standard across the board. It like saying well lets make the steering wheel an option in this country but the other it should be standard cause nobody needs a steering wheel in the first country anyway. (well this might actually not be to far of when self driving cars hit the roads)

But again it says so in the brochure that is in Swedish so its either specified for my country or its specified for some other country. And just translated to Swedish, But that would be false advertising imo more then anything else.

Same thing with those who got a refund on XX amount of money cause they ordered the Harman Kardon speakers system with 16 speakers and got 12. Same should be applied here if i order a car that says standard Xenon and it costs me loads of money instead.

For Example at BMWs Swedish site the Harman Kardon kosts 490€ for the M135i but on the M235i basically the same setup they charge you 720€ same setup and everything can't say the M135i sets it self so much apart from the M235i other then being a 5 door hatchback. And i checked that is was the My2016 of M235i and it is so i have no idea whats going on.

Is something messed up in the marketing department of BMW or what ?
Follow the advice that people on the forum have given you.
Get the official Swedish build specification for your cars model year. Validate your build to the official specification and not the brochure.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 07:52 PM   #19
nike001
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 718 Cayman

Euro-Spec & US & Canadian spec cars differ DRASTICALLY. I'm not surprised that in some/most/all european countries don't have xenon as standard..
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 09:26 PM   #20
glacier_bandit
Rep
Drives: 2016 228i

I did! They make a huge difference for me and also after skipping it as an option on my two previous cars (both VW), it was a must even though quite pricey.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2015, 11:45 PM   #21
Nahlem
Captain
Sweden
Rep

Garage List
2022 BMW i4 m50  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by m235i View Post
Follow the advice that people on the forum have given you.
Get the official Swedish build specification for your cars model year. Validate your build to the official specification and not the brochure.
I will see what the dealer tells me this Thursday. As i stated previously when i first bought the car it was an extra option to add Xenon's witch i did then i read the brochure witch said it is standard equipment on it witch made me question the method of practice for selling this type of addons for car then now year MY2016 and forth coming have it as standard.

So again to clarify without pointing out what country spec the damn car has. I did the following

1. Read The Brochure (First time)
2. Bought the car
3. Read the brochure (again for fun just to see it. Noticed the fine line "Xenon is standard")
4. Checked Webb for 2016 MY it is standard. I have the 2015 MY.
5. Checked my addons noticed it costed a lot to add xenon.
6. Wonder if i should check with BMW why they said it was standard and charge extra for it.
7. Made a post here to see if anyone have ideas if i should question BMW regarding this and see if i anyone experienced anything similar to have some ideas on what to ask BMW this Thursday. (without being dumbified by BMW fans) This is my interpretation what a forum is for, Is to ask question and get answers or aka help.

Swedish Consumer law says you can't sell a car to people without being straight honest about what your selling. And to see if this was the case or not.

If they did wrong i'm not saying they did but if they did wrong they should be accounted for it. And how they respond to their customers to this type of stuff is what defines them as a car maker if they show shitty as custom service then obviously they were not worth the effort.

And if it is "Different per dealer" then the next step is to try to get a response from BMW HQ.
Appreciate 0
      09-29-2015, 09:37 AM   #22
fre3de
Registered
Rep
Drives: M235i

I also payed 5900 SEK extra for Xenon (Paulssons bil, Helsingborg). Like you, I read in the brochure that it was standard and asked the dealer about it. They just said that the brochure was wrong and I didn't fight them. This was a year ago.
Appreciate 0