BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

09-10-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
MChat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3 (en route)

Garage List
Arizona: Introduction

Ordered my M3 last Friday (9/4).

My options:
Black Sapphire Metallic
Cloth/Leather combination (Leather sucks in 115 degree summers)
Exec Pkg
Lighting Pkg
19" Wheels (black/light alloy)
DCT
Sunshade

This is my 2nd BMW (1st was a 2009 135i w/ M-Sport pkg)

It's replacing 2 cars in my garage, a 2013 Dodge Journey and a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 (built, w/ ~440whp).

The SRT is fun to drive, but constantly needing worked on to keep it up and running. Embarrassed many much more expensive cars in it (including a few M3's/M5's), but in the end it's still just a Dodge Neon and I'm tired of working on it.

Anyone on here from the Phoenix area? Possibly someone to help with coding my new car once it arrives?

2016 BMW M3 (stock)
2005 Jeep LJ (slightly modified)
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 05:49 PM   #2
PoutineMachine
Rep
Drives: AY 2015 m4

Congrats on your order! I was also an SRT-4 owner and I hear you; I smoked a lot of cars in that bad boy. I've had my M4 for since April so I can tell you from first hand experience that you're going to be a happy man. Who did you buy the car through?
Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 09:44 PM   #3
Pittspilot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Congrats on your car. You will love it. I'm in the Phoenix area. We had a 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T. Awesome car and very fast at the time, but I think the dealer got real tired of replacing timing belts and top ends. That thing blew up like clockwork. I can't imagine what pumping that little 4 to 400 hp must have done.

Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 02:32 PM   #4
MChat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoutineMachine View Post
Congrats on your order! I was also an SRT-4 owner and I hear you; I smoked a lot of cars in that bad boy. I've had my M4 for since April so I can tell you from first hand experience that you're going to be a happy man. Who did you buy the car through?
I ordered mine through BMW North Scottsdale; I don't know if was a sales gimmick or not, but I supposedly got their last allocation slot for an M3 until Jan.

I was looking for a Dodge Charger Hellcat, but the allocations on those are so limited that pretty much every dealership I talked to wanted $15k - $20k over MSRP. No Charger is worth $80k+.

Knowing what my 135i was like, I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the M3.

2016 BMW M3 (stock)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 02:40 PM   #5
MChat
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pittspilot View Post
Congrats on your car. You will love it. I'm in the Phoenix area. We had a 1993 Dodge Daytona IROC R/T. Awesome car and very fast at the time, but I think the dealer got real tired of replacing timing belts and top ends. That thing blew up like clockwork. I can't imagine what pumping that little 4 to 400 hp must have done.
The stock engine on the SRT-4 is quite stout. My first SRT-4 I did just bolt-on upgrades (including a big turbo kit) and ran a best of 11.3@127mph. It wasn't that great off the line (best 60' was 1.76 on slicks) but it was a beast on the back half picking up nearly 30mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4.

I ultimately built that first one too far and it became un-fun to drive on the street (no traction, too temperamental, etc..). The current SRT is a much milder build and still fun to drive.

2016 BMW M3 (stock)
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 10:43 PM   #6
Pittspilot
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MChat View Post
The stock engine on the SRT-4 is quite stout. My first SRT-4 I did just bolt-on upgrades (including a big turbo kit) and ran a best of 11.3@127mph. It wasn't that great off the line (best 60' was 1.76 on slicks) but it was a beast on the back half picking up nearly 30mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4.

I ultimately built that first one too far and it became un-fun to drive on the street (no traction, too temperamental, etc..). The current SRT is a much milder build and still fun to drive.
Nice. That is a quick car.
Appreciate 0
      09-12-2015, 12:25 AM   #7
Ty Vil
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M4

Quote:
I ordered mine through BMW North Scottsdale; I don't know if was a sales gimmick or not, but I supposedly got their last allocation slot for an M3 until Jan.

I was looking for a Dodge Charger Hellcat, but the allocations on those are so limited that pretty much every dealership I talked to wanted $15k - $20k over MSRP. No Charger is worth $80k+.

Knowing what my 135i was like, I can't wait to get behind the wheel of the M3.
It wasn't a gimmick - you really did get the last slot! M3 allocation is very tight right now.

Thanks for coming to see us!
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2015, 09:50 PM   #8
vonmayr
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Ordered my M3 last Friday (9/4).

My options:
Black Sapphire Metallic
Cloth/Leather combination (Leather sucks in 115 degree summers)
Exec Pkg
Lighting Pkg
19" Wheels (black/light alloy)
DCT
Sunshade

This is my 2nd BMW (1st was a 2009 135i w/ M-Sport pkg)

It's replacing 2 cars in my garage, a 2013 Dodge Journey and a 2004 Dodge SRT-4 (built, w/ ~440whp).

The SRT is fun to drive, but constantly needing worked on to keep it up and running. Embarrassed many much more expensive cars in it (including a few M3's/M5's), but in the end it's still just a Dodge Neon and I'm tired of working on it.

Anyone on here from the Phoenix area? Possibly someone to help with coding my new car once it arrives?
Congratulations! You will not be sorry. The car is just ridiculously awesome and its great that you got an allocation.
Best Regards, Robert (BMWCCA #471893)
Loreley 2015 / //M3 6MT SO over full SO, Exec,Susp & Lighting, HK & Blk 19's - ED 15 May 2015, Redelivery 23 July 2015
My photography: WWW.PBASE.COM/VONMAYR
My ED Adventure http://www.vonmayredadventure.blogspot.com
Appreciate 0