E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Rockies / Midwest > DP install Denver?

09-01-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
RobertRichy
First Lieutenant II I know enough to be dangerous
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 LCI N54 335xi

DP install Denver?

2010 E90 Xdrive. Any suggestions? I just talked to 3zero3 and was quoted $700
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2015, 05:12 PM   #2
Mibugu
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335xi 6AT

Eurotech near Golden did mine for 500.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2015, 10:34 PM   #3
adidoman
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '10 335i xDrive

DIY.. You don't really need too many tools and you can get good tools for the money you save. You learn a lot about your car and feel more accomplished. I'm not a mechanic by any means and I was able to figure it out with some help here and YouTube, and a lot of patience, but it's doable. I'm also in Denver (Littleton) as well
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2015, 08:33 PM   #4
chepy24
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2009 alpine white 335i xdrive

^^^^^agree same thing here.... if i were to do it again i would use DIY auto 29 bucks an hour they have the tools and a lift would make life so much easier
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 12:52 AM   #5
RobertRichy
United_States
Rep

So.....interesting update. Dropped my car off at indy shop for DP install this morning. I was quoted twice from this shop on two separate occasions. Both quotes "around $150" I thought that was a smoking deal and this shop does specialize in Euros and have build a few nice turbo cars, but in the end it is an auto repair shop. Based on me shopping the install around town and knowing what is involved in a DP install for an XDrive I figured I would get a call shortly after they started telling me there would be an additional cost due to the extra work.....I did not receive a call until it was time to pick up my car. When I arrived I was given a total of $747! I said you're kidding right? I was told on two occasions that it would be $150 ish and the person who scheduled me and quoted me was one of the owners. (Who of course was not around when I picked up my car) needless to say I was surprised and a bit annoyed that the quote had not been saved in the system along side my appointment booking. After a bit of back and forth they decided to honor the $150 and said that the owner can deal with it since was the person who quoted me. I explained that AR Design quoted me $250 and they mfg the parts, and had I known the shop was going to charge me &700+ I would have never brought my car to them. It's great that they honored the quote; however I was planning on making them my "home shop" for future upgraded and routine maintenance for my wife's x5 and my 335. Unfortunately this experience has caused me to second guess using them. It is unfortunate because their shop is close to home and they do have a good reputation. I'd just feel awkward going back to them for fear that they would try to recoup their losses on other repairs or mods for me.
Does anyone have a shop in the DU/Wash Park area they recommend?
2010 E90 LCI N54 335xi / AR DP's / KW V1 / Stoptech Slotted Rotors / SS lines / EBC Yellowstuff / Fuel-it stage 2 LPFP / Fuel-it Bluetooth Content Analyzer / ETS FMIC / VRSF CP / TurboSmart Dual Port Kompact kit / MHD / WEDGE E60 ProTune / CORSA Exhaust / Alpina TCU / VTT Outlets / MMP Inlets
Appreciate 0
      10-02-2015, 08:43 AM   #6
PeteB
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i E90

Man, I just finished up a bunch of installs over at AR Design and they were great, with cheap prices as you mentioned.
They have begun offering full maintenance service as well and offer deals on oil changes etc.

Sorry to hear about your frustrations so far! Hang in there, probably was cheaper than the dealer! (who wouldn't have done that job)
BMW Perf Suspension, Lowering Perches, Cobb AP Stg 2+, cp-e DPs, ER Performance IC, Forge DVs, Stett CP, AR Oil Cooler, Beyern Mesh 18" 275/235, Golf Tee, Tint 20%, Vinyl Wrap Int Trim, MTEC V3 AEs, BMS DCI and DP Fix, M-Tech Front/Rear [B][I]
Appreciate 0
      10-13-2015, 11:57 PM   #7
moto417
Private
Rep
Drives: 09 e90 335xi

I left a message at AR Design for install on a 2009 x-drive last week and never heard back from them.

Ended up doing it last weekend. Honestly, it was miserable. I've done countless installs on various cars but this one kicked my ass. Dropping the subframe for example, while easy enough to unbolt, was a pain in the ass to get lined back up.

Also, being under the car with the subframe dropped and the motor hanging precipitously over my head on the Harbor Freight engine support, while my car was jacked up sky-high was unnerving.

That said, putting everything back together took a fraction of the time and I'm sure I could do it in less than 5 hours if I had to do it again.

Just my experience.
Appreciate 0
      10-14-2015, 10:26 AM   #8
RobertRichy
United_States
Rep

moto417-

congrats on the DIY. I can't imagine pulling that off. I am considering doing the PE mod next. Any exhaust shop recommendations?
Appreciate 0