THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA Recall for cars stuck in Halifax earlier this year

08-19-2015, 12:22 AM   #1
Stiggy
Enlisted Member
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Recall for cars stuck in Halifax earlier this year

For anyone who had their car stuck in the ice storm in Halifax:
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/...WT.mc_id=pbe5d

Appreciate 0
      09-10-2015, 06:48 PM   #2
Lucky1
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '08 128i Coupe SGM 6MT

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiggy
For anyone who had their car stuck in the ice storm in Halifax:
http://wwwapps.tc.gc.ca/Saf-Sec-Sur/...WT.mc_id=pbe5d

Wow, so for vehicles that have to be removed from service immediately...are they getting brand new cars and who is footing the bill for that? BMW's insurance company?
Appreciate 0
      09-11-2015, 09:56 AM   #3
JChristie
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky1 View Post
Wow, so for vehicles that have to be removed from service immediately...are they getting brand new cars and who is footing the bill for that? BMW's insurance company?
There's another thread where some of the effected owners have shared their experiences: http://www.2addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1163398

It sounds like most people get to keep driving their cars until a new replacement ride arrives. All in all it sounds like a pretty good deal since you ultimately get a brand new car out of the deal.

I would guess that it's an insurance company that will ultimately be paying for this.
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2015, 02:18 AM   #4
Taunto
Car Enthusiast
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M235 X-drive

I am a Tech at a BMW dealer in Edmonton. These Vehicles are being recalled due to large amounts of salt and water damage to the vehicle due to the massive snow storm and large changes in temp.

The selected Vehicles need to be inspected and see if they can be driven until a new suitable car Can be provided to the owner. If a Car is deemed un-safe then it is sent back as soon as possible and a new vehicle will hopefully be given to the owner right away.

The Vehicles are being Sent back to Germany to be inspected, repaired and then re-sold.. the Rumor from what i heard from the Shop Foreman who attended a training session in Vancouver about this recall said some may be sent to Dubai to be sold, since alot of vehicles can be registered as off-highway use vehicles, but this im un-sure.

All Euro cars sold in canada share the Same Port... As far as i know this happened to VW/Audi and they have not placed out a recall but are seeing alot of complaints from this. This being said, it is a very sad to see this happen, lots of M3's and M4's i see day to day being sent back...But at least BMW is being Pro-active about the problem.
Appreciate 0