E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum > Mike@x-ph.com and LUX issue.

08-12-2015, 08:16 AM   #1
Riley1524
Captain
Rep
Drives: A Slow Ass BMW

Mike@x-ph.com and LUX issue.

I bought a set of the LUX V5 from Mike at ph.com a couple of months ago. They looked great, but the other day, one side burned out. Opon inspection, it seemed some of the leds feel off inside my headlight causing the light to fail. I contacted Mike and Marc from lux with pictures of the led units...Waited a full day, never heard back. Finally contacted Mike only to find out that they only offer a 2 month warranty on the lux light???? Really??? These things are expensive and this isn't the only set I've ordered from lux. I haven't heard anything else from either vendor, so I would strongly advise against buying from either incase of a issue arises. I understand products have limited time warranties, but to pay so much for something you would think a better warranty would be offered.
      08-12-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: 07-335/12-328/18-M4/21-M4CP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riley1524 View Post
I bought a set of the LUX V5 from Mike at ph.com a couple of months ago. They looked great, but the other day, one side burned out. Opon inspection, it seemed some of the leds feel off inside my headlight causing the light to fail. I contacted Mike and Marc from lux with pictures of the led units...Waited a full day, never heard back. Finally contacted Mike only to find out that they only offer a 2 month warranty on the lux light???? Really??? These things are expensive and this isn't the only set I've ordered from lux. I haven't heard anything else from either vendor, so I would strongly advise against buying from either incase of a issue arises. I understand products have limited time warranties, but to pay so much for something you would think a better warranty would be offered.
It is your right to post a review on any vendor you dealt with, but you should be honest in your review and post exactly what happened.

You contacted me and i replied and said we need pictures.
You sent the pictures to us and LUX. LUX replied by saying they only offered 2 month warranty on their lights.

You were not satisfied with their reply and contacted me. I told you Extreme Power House offers 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee on any product we sell. After the 30 day expires, we as any other vendor in the world go by the manufacturer's warranty.

I understand that you were not satisfied with LUX warranty, but im not entirely sure why you are blaming us.

Phone number 702-494-9435
Appreciate 2
      08-12-2015, 11:20 AM   #3
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike@x-ph.com View Post
It is your right to post a review on any vendor you dealt with, but you should be honest in your review and post exactly what happened.

You contacted me and i replied and said we need pictures.
You sent the pictures to us and LUX. LUX replied by saying they only offered 2 month warranty on their lights.

You were not satisfied with their reply and contacted me. I told you Extreme Power House offers 30 day customer satisfaction guarantee on any product we sell. After the 30 day expires, we as any other vendor in the world go by the manufacturer's warranty.

I understand that you were not satisfied with LUX warranty, but im not entirely sure why you are blaming us.
We offer a 60 day Return policy and a 1-year warranty on all our products. I would need to know your name to be 100% sure of the situation, but i believe you wanted to change these for another version of the lights, and that's not possible since you are past the 60 day return policy. We of course will replace this for a brand new light for no cost since you are within the 1-year warranty
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 05:53 PM   #4
328i_E92_2007
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i Coupe

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [9.00]
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
TrAcK TRaP
bOrN To DiE
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

Mike is right and Lux says they will replace it with new one (same model) what else you want? They both professional and know what they are doing I didn't see any unhappy customer with them. Return your product if you are the original owner and get the new one case close..
Appreciate 1
      08-12-2015, 09:58 PM   #6
melloww22
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i E90

This is good info on Lux warranty.

My Lux v2 lasted many years and just this year I upgraded to Lux 160. So far the light output has been significantly brighter than my v2. Most importantly I have not experienced any fading or burned lights.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2015, 10:10 PM   #7
trixdout
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 335xi 6mt

OP, warranty from Lux is great. The fact that they replace it with the same unit within a year is great. Not sure what else you want. Pay the difference on a different unit if that's what you want, but you need to understand if Lux allows you to do that they will use the current price (even if it's lower than what you paid) and then ask you for the difference. This is the only way it can be fair.
      09-12-2015, 01:15 PM   #8
sudo4re
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is DCT

I smell fish for some reason...
      09-14-2015, 08:26 AM   #9
LuxAngelEyes
United_States
Rep

Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sudo4re View Post
I smell fish for some reason...
Everything has been resolved with the OP already.
Appreciate 0