GetBMWParts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Technical Topics > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in | Oil & Fluids | Servicing | TSB | Recalls

08-11-2015, 10:01 AM   #1
klrgoten
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///

Collision System Malfunction?

Hey All,

This is probably the 4th time this has happened but has anyone else received the following messages pop up? They've happened at various times of day over the last few months.

"Collision Warning System malfunction"
"Pedestrian Warning limited

This has happened numerous times and usually the errors go away after I turn the car off and back on but potentially worrisome to be driving and all of a sudden see collision system malfunctions pop up...

Anyone else having this issue?
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #2
Apollo_1092
SITH
Rep
Drives: M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by klrgoten View Post
Hey All,

This is probably the 4th time this has happened but has anyone else received the following messages pop up? They've happened at various times of day over the last few months.

"Collision Warning System malfunction"
"Pedestrian Warning limited

This has happened numerous times and usually the errors go away after I turn the car off and back on but potentially worrisome to be driving and all of a sudden see collision system malfunctions pop up...

Anyone else having this issue?
I've had this happens when it rains heavily. I think those are the messages that pop up but it's normal for that to happen when it rains heavily. Hopefully it's not a problem with the system for you.
Appreciate 0
      08-11-2015, 10:58 AM   #3
klrgoten
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo_1092 View Post
I've had this happens when it rains heavily. I think those are the messages that pop up but it's normal for that to happen when it rains heavily. Hopefully it's not a problem with the system for you.
I'd like to hope that as well... this morning it was gloomy(7am) but no rain, etc.
Appreciate 0