BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M5POST - BMW M5 Forum > F10 M5 Forum > Regional Forums > UK

08-06-2015, 07:53 AM   #1
2012F10M5
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Monte Carlo

Drivetrain problems

I've had my M5 for a couple of years now, and I have had problems with the dealer. A fault for the Drivetrain comes on intermittently, so I called BMW a while ago, they said this happens from time to time, and if you turn the car off and on again it will go. I thought it sounded a little ridiculous at the time but it actually worked. However its now stuck on and with reduced power.

Its due for its next service on Friday, and now they say it will cost £X amount for the diagnostics as its 3 months out of warranty. I'm not too happy about this, as when it was in warranty it didn't seem to be an issue.

Before the warranty ended, I had the 'end of warranty check' done. I also had the Aircon checked as this was no longer cold, they did a pressure check to ensure there was no damage and told me it would just need a re-gas, at a cost of £187. Groupon had a deal on for £32 so I told them to leave it. I had it re-gassed and it still doesn't work! On Friday they will be checking this again too, at my cost no doubt.

Has anyone had this 'end of warranty check'? Did you receive any confirmation that it was done, and what they actually did? I was told they don't do that.

Has any one had similar issues?

Many thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-07-2015, 02:34 PM   #2
2012F10M5
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Monte Carlo

Quick update, the car has been in all day, I was told that it would be ready for 5pm. I called at 3.30pm as I had heard nothing and someone called me at 4pm to say that the car was too hot to work on today!!

So no service, not aircon check, but they managed to do the diognostics, they think this is something to do with the injectors. I was advised not to drive the car, so I'll be getting the bus this weekend, and Id imagine it wont be sorted for Monday either.

No courtesy car, no offer of anything, just the reiteration that I will still be paying the £99 diagnostic charge!!
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2016, 10:09 PM   #3
Chas_97
Rep
Drives: 2014 M6 Coupe

Man that sucks.
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:35 AM   #4
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2012F10M5 View Post
I've had my M5 for a couple of years now, and I have had problems with the dealer. A fault for the Drivetrain comes on intermittently, so I called BMW a while ago, they said this happens from time to time, and if you turn the car off and on again it will go. I thought it sounded a little ridiculous at the time but it actually worked. However its now stuck on and with reduced power.

Its due for its next service on Friday, and now they say it will cost £X amount for the diagnostics as its 3 months out of warranty. I'm not too happy about this, as when it was in warranty it didn't seem to be an issue.

Before the warranty ended, I had the 'end of warranty check' done. I also had the Aircon checked as this was no longer cold, they did a pressure check to ensure there was no damage and told me it would just need a re-gas, at a cost of £187. Groupon had a deal on for £32 so I told them to leave it. I had it re-gassed and it still doesn't work! On Friday they will be checking this again too, at my cost no doubt.

Has anyone had this 'end of warranty check'? Did you receive any confirmation that it was done, and what they actually did? I was told they don't do that.

Has any one had similar issues?

Many thanks
Dont worry about the warranty mate....BMW will have a log that you highlighted the issue when the car was under warranty and that is the important thing as it does not look like BMW has done anything to rectify..Just go direct to BMW customer services and kick up a stink...THis always works for me...Dealer customer services are hit and miss but whenever I go above them and speak with BMW directly I get a good result....

Also make a point of posting your problems all over social media etc....It will get their attention especially if you name the dealer
Appreciate 0
      05-13-2016, 03:38 AM   #5
drbru
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: f10 m5

By the way...I have also had the same problem with recon and a condenser has been ordered for me but is on major backorder...Im in a slightly different situation in that I do have warranty but even if I didnt I would still be going directly to BMW and getting them to foot the bill...There is a known issue with all condender units used in the f10 with multiple failures since this version of the car was launched do its a known manufacturing fault...Doesnt really matter if you have warranty or not...A quick google search will reveal jusst how many people have had this problem
Appreciate 0