E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > DIY:Replacing DTML Pump (CEL P2402)

07-21-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
mimog3
Registered
Rep
Drives: 328i

DIY:Replacing DTML Pump (CEL P2402)

Hey there guys and gals. This is a write up on how to replace the Emissions Diagnostic Pump. When this part fails you will receive a P2402 Code and the Service Engine Soon light will come on. The car I'm working on is a 2007 328i and the images i will be using are from Pelican Parts

Tools Needed.
* Socket Wrench
* 8mm Socket
* 10mm Socket

First Jack up the right rear side of the car or use ramps, of course use jack stands or something to prevent the car from falling.

Now your gonna be working on the right underside of the of the rear bumper. basically the opposite side of the exhaust pipes.

Now that were under this beast there will be about 4 8mm bolts and two 10 mm bolts. 8 mm is pointed out in yellow and 10 mm in green.

Now pull the cover down.

You will now see the Evap Canister. Disconnect the three hoses pointed in green. the two bottom ones for me had green tabs in which you push in and then pull the hoses. yours may vary.

Now that you have them removed, you will need to disconnect the electrical connector from the DTML pump.

Now remove the two 10 mm bolts pointed in green. the pump should easily be removed and may possibly fall down so watch out.

Once the evap canister is removed you will need to remove 3 Torx T20 Bolts, once removed you'll then be able to remove the pump.

Once the pump is removed you will most likely need to reuse the seal. its not too hard to remove but do remember to remove and install on the new pump.

Everything is reverse as far as installation is concerned
Appreciate 0