E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > please help anyone? searched forums for some of these problems and got nothing

07-13-2015, 06:29 AM   #1
su_786
No_Country
Rep
Drives: bmw f36

Unhappy please help anyone? searched forums for some of these problems and got nothing

please forgive me if ivve posted in the wrong section

so its been about 10 months since owning my e92 320d with 53k on the clock. everything was fine until problems started happening 3 months ago got the yellow handbrake light with the triangle and exclamation mark in it on dash. when i go to check engine via the control stick i get tyre pressure light break light and dtc light. ive been reading somewhere that it could either be wheel speed sensors steering sensors ? my bloody code reader dosent seem to want to read the chassis option keeps saying no communication however when i check (driver) i come up with a few codes i dont really understand. first of all is
A126 implausible signal from engine management - never got this before any help ?

2E41 HFPI control module line 5 activation ????

480a paticualte filter - which i understand is common to occur in diesels
4D00 exhaust back pressure sensor signal - againsame as the above

any help on these issues? also to add since i bought the car occasionally there would be a lagre cloud of black smoke that comes from the exhaust so big that it makes my silver bumper really dirty, my insurance is due for renewal in octorber should i just sell the car then and buy something else ? please any help is greatly appreciated
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 11:50 AM   #2
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by su_786 View Post
so its been about 10 months since owning my e92 320d with 53k on the clock. everything was fine until problems started happening 3 months ago got the yellow handbrake light with the triangle and exclamation mark in it on dash. when i go to check engine via the control stick i get tyre pressure light break light and dtc light. ive been reading somewhere that it could either be wheel speed sensors steering sensors ? my bloody code reader dosent seem to want to read the chassis option keeps saying no communication however when i check (driver) i come up with a few codes i dont really understand. first of all is
A126 implausible signal from engine management - never got this before any help ?

2E41 HFPI control module line 5 activation ????

480a paticualte filter - which i understand is common to occur in diesels
4D00 exhaust back pressure sensor signal - againsame as the above

any help on these issues? also to add since i bought the car occasionally there would be a lagre cloud of black smoke that comes from the exhaust so big that it makes my silver bumper really dirty, my insurance is due for renewal in octorber should i just sell the car then and buy something else ? please any help is greatly appreciated
Sounds like there are actually two problems.
1) You have some sort of problem with your abs/dsc system. As you know, wheel speed sensors, steering wheel angle sensor, or perhaps the pump or distribution block are at fault. I think you're going to have to pay someone with a real BMW code reader (GT1, AutoLogic, or 2nd rank like Bavarian Technic) to read the codes to figure out exactly what.
2) You may well have a failing exhaust pressure sensor. It is pretty common for the line to fray/melt/leak. Let's hope you don't have a plugged DPF/Catalyst as that's a pricey replacement. If you're typically a city driver (and you are if you're anywhere near London!), go out and drive the M1 up north a couple hundred miles, then back. That should allow a DPF regeneration to happen and clear any DPF clog. If that doesn't fix it, the pressure sensor or DPF itself is indicated as next to check.
Appreciate 0