F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Freshly machine-washed and waxed
GetBMWParts

07-11-2015, 07:39 PM   #1
pjhusa
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW 330e xDrive

Freshly machine-washed and waxed

I had plans to hand-wash the car, but with more important priorities, I enjoyed the convenience of getting the job done by those scrubber things.

Satisfied with the "clean-ness" now.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 07:42 PM   #2
pjhusa
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhusa
I had plans to hand-wash the car, but with more important priorities, I enjoyed the convenience of getting the job done by those scrubber things.

Satisfied with the "clean-ness" now.
Image enclosed, because
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 08:12 PM   #3
ipilcher
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 M3 Compensation

Machine wash + black?

Isn't that a banning offense around here?
Appreciate 2
      07-11-2015, 08:14 PM   #4
pjhusa
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipilcher
Machine wash + black?

Isn't that a banning offense around here?
I thought the same thing...

But eh, might as well take the risk.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #5
Buckeyes
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M Sport

Machine wash plus black car includes free swirl marks. Good thing the sun was setting in the pic.
Appreciate 3
      07-11-2015, 08:51 PM   #6
pjhusa
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trcb777
Machine wash plus black car includes free swirl marks. Good thing the sun was setting in the pic.
Now that you mention it, I do see a few...
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 08:56 PM   #7
RarScaryFrosty
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhusa View Post
I've only ever been through an automatic car was once in my life, and it was a brand new one that had just opened. It was a really high end car wash, so I took the risk in my last car. I came out with swirl marks, but luckily my car was silver, so it was less noticeable.

Since then, I've sworn to never, ever, use another automatic car was again. If I do anything convenient, it'll be one of those automatic washes that just has spray hoses 360 degrees around your car, these kinds do not have brushes or clothes. That or the DIY places with the power washers.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 09:05 PM   #8
pjhusa
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty
Quote:
I've only ever been through an automatic car was once in my life, and it was a brand new one that had just opened. It was a really high end car wash, so I took the risk in my last car. I came out with swirl marks, but luckily my car was silver, so it was less noticeable.

Since then, I've sworn to never, ever, use another automatic car was again. If I do anything convenient, it'll be one of those automatic washes that just has spray hoses 360 degrees around your car, these kinds do not have brushes or clothes. That or the DIY places with the power washers.
This one had about two scrubbers, and the rest, mostly hoses.

I normally hand wash the car, but I didn't have time to do so, and took the lazy route.

I've had good results with this car wash over the past few times I've used them.

IMO, a clean car, even with some cleaning imperfections, is better than a dirty one.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 09:16 PM   #9
rolltidef32
National Championship #17 and Counting!
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW i3s and 2019 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjhusa
Quote:
Originally Posted by RarScaryFrosty
Quote:

This one had about two scrubbers, and the rest, mostly hoses.

I normally hand wash the car, but I didn't have time to do so, and took the lazy route.

I've had good results with this car wash over the past few times I've used them.

IMO, a clean car, even with some cleaning imperfections, is better than a dirty one.
Nah man, you've marred your paint. If that's a lease, then ok. But if you plan to keep that car you need to perform a paint correction.

And the, "I got busy and took the lazy approach" is just a cop out. We're all too busy man, that's why we can afford to drive BMWs instead of Toyotas.

Make time to wash your own car if you have a location to do so. I can see if you live in a high rise apartment or something like that, but if you have a driveway and/or a garage, buy some good products and wash and wax your ride.

Damn shame that you'd make a thread on here saying this crap. That and those 17 inch base line rims is outright blasphemy on this Forum.

I kid about the wheels, but at least act like you care. That's why you got the 3 series to begin with, remember?

Packs: Technology, Driver Assistance, HK Audio, Park Distance Control
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2015, 03:20 PM   #10
jd_perspective
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 X3 35i M-Sport

I did this with previous cars but never my BMW. I'll take her high-pressure water washes after long highway trips just to get the bugs and junk off but never to a wash with brushes. I learned the hard way even with a "high-end" car wash that claimed you won't get swirls.

2019 440i Coupe M-Sport - Retired
2018 330i Sedan M-Sport - Retired
2015 428i Gran Coupe M-Sport - Retired
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2015, 01:08 PM   #11
CalCarNut
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F36 Jet Black Sport Line

Garage List
If it isn't my hand in a microfiber wash mitt, it ain't touching my car. End of story.
      07-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #12
QuikSilver_
Captain
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 M Sport

Garage List
I always avoid the scrubbers due to bad experiences with past vehicles. If my car absolutely needs to be washed, I'll occasionally take it thru a laser wash during my lunch break at work, but for the most part, I go to the self wash with the power washers for washing, drying, quick wax, wheels, and windows. I vacuum the car at home cause I have a small shop-vac with the soft bristles, but I can't wash it there since I live in apartments.

As a side note, you should consider getting yourself some IND painted reflectors, OP. I only say that because I recently switched mine out after being hesitant about it, and boy does it make a difference! They would look great on your car!
      07-13-2015, 03:28 PM   #13
pjhusa
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpjustinn
I always avoid the scrubbers due to bad experiences with past vehicles. If my car absolutely needs to be washed, I'll occasionally take it thru a laser wash during my lunch break at work, but for the most part, I go to the self wash with the power washers for washing, drying, quick wax, wheels, and windows. I vacuum the car at home cause I have a small shop-vac with the soft bristles, but I can't wash it there since I live in apartments.

As a side note, you should consider getting yourself some IND painted reflectors, OP. I only say that because I recently switched mine out after being hesitant about it, and boy does it make a difference! They would look great on your car!
Ok, thanks for the suggestion!
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2015, 04:32 PM   #14
floydarogers
Curmudgeon and Pedant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 335d, 2014 328d

I'm with the OP on this: regular car washes are just fine.

I was looking at my son's '07 335i Coupe the other day in the sun. It's midnight blue (or something like that; very dark almost black), and it's been washed in a drive through since he got it with 7K miles on it because the used-car dealer (an audi/mb/volvo dealer) gives free washes for life in their drive-through. Looked pretty good to me; might be because he never actually lets it get dirty before washing it, and it's always been garaged.

They're cars, and I'm not in the Marines where you need to spit-shine your boots.
Appreciate 1
      07-13-2015, 04:33 PM   #15
pjhusa
Private
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by floydarogers
I'm with the OP on this: regular car washes are just fine.

I was looking at my son's '07 335i Coupe the other day in the sun. It's midnight blue (or something like that; very dark almost black), and it's been washed in a drive through since he got it with 7K miles on it because the used-car dealer (an audi/mb/volvo dealer) gives free washes for life in their drive-through. Looked pretty good to me; might be because he never actually lets it get dirty before washing it, and it's always been garaged.

They're cars, and I'm not in the Marines where you need to spit-shine your boots.
Someone finally agrees with me!
Appreciate 1