THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum Technical Topics DIY and Coding Discussions Coding Offline ?

07-10-2015, 08:00 PM   #1
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Enzo F23 228i

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Coding Offline ?

Do most of you code offline so you don't have to sit there with the engine running?

Also, do most of you make multiple changes at one time, assuming that you are tracking what you have changed?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 09:33 PM   #2
pikcachu
Major General
Rep
Drives: M235i (F22 Red angel)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenAir View Post
Do most of you code offline so you don't have to sit there with the engine running?

Also, do most of you make multiple changes at one time, assuming that you are tracking what you have changed?
Ya especially when you have no coding and have a lot to change it's easier to:

Open Esys - Start the car - Connect - Read coding data - disconnect - shut off the car - Make all the changes offline - start the car - connect - activate FA - Code FDL - disconnect - shut off the car - Close Esys

make sure you don't close esys in the process so that you don't have to browse each saved .ncd individually as you could end up loading the HU_NBT into the KOMBI for example...

It's less time consuming to do all at once to reduce time of engine running
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #3
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikcachu View Post
Ya especially when you have no coding and have a lot to change it's easier to:

Open Esys - Start the car - Connect - Read coding data - disconnect - shut off the car - Make all the changes offline - start the car - connect - activate FA - Code FDL - disconnect - shut off the car - Close Esys

make sure you don't close esys in the process so that you don't have to browse each saved .ncd individually as you could end up loading the HU_NBT into the KOMBI for example...

It's less time consuming to do all at once to reduce time of engine running
Thanks, I'm at that point now. Just browsing through all the code from your sheet. I'm finding that many items do not exist under my 2015 F23 228 ncd's. As such, I'm starting a F23 228i sheet. If I can get it accurate, maybe we could add it to yours. Bringing back my coding days.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:43 PM   #4
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I'm at that point now. Just browsing through all the code from your sheet. I'm finding that many items do not exist under my 2015 F23 228 ncd's. As such, I'm starting a F23 228i sheet. If I can get it accurate, maybe we could add it to yours. Bringing back my coding days.

Thanks
weird ... which items don't exist? should be exactly the same except for maybe all the convertible roof module...
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 10:54 PM   #5
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
weird ... which items don't exist? should be exactly the same except for maybe all the convertible roof module...
So I'm starting with some known working hacks, and working in the FEM_BODY ECU. Still working on the blinkers and mirrors, unable to find them yet...probably me.

I also looked at the HU_NBT. First thin I looked at was the DVD in Motion. I have no listing for your SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN/MAX values. The others I could find.

I'm taking a break now to give my eyes a rest.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #6
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
So I'm starting with some known working hacks, and working in the FEM_BODY ECU. Still working on the blinkers and mirrors, unable to find them yet...probably me.

I also looked at the HU_NBT. First thin I looked at was the DVD in Motion. I have no listing for your SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN/MAX values. The others I could find.

I'm taking a break now to give my eyes a rest.
You are using the search right?

where it says Search for:
just put the term there and it will take you right there. Make sure you don't add spaces

i.e.
"SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN" will work
"SPEEDLOCK_X_" will work
"SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN " will not give any results
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2015, 11:40 PM   #7
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
You are using the search right?

where it says Search for:
just put the term there and it will take you right there. Make sure you don't add spaces

i.e.
"SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN" will work
"SPEEDLOCK_X_" will work
"SPEEDLOCK_X_KMH_MIN " will not give any results
I'll get to that again shortly, I'm in FEM_BODY at the moment. Also can't get the hex to change and keep new values. Special key? Like changing the blinkers from 3 to 5, can't get it to keep, can't change it to anything...yet!

I just realized that I have the HU_NBT2...might explain some things.

Last edited by OpenAir; 07-11-2015 at 12:13 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 10:32 AM   #8
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
I'll get to that again shortly, I'm in FEM_BODY at the moment. Also can't get the hex to change and keep new values. Special key? Like changing the blinkers from 3 to 5, can't get it to keep, can't change it to anything...yet!

I just realized that I have the HU_NBT2...might explain some things.
you need to click the button on the right bottom and then save on top
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 11:38 AM   #9
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
you need to click the button on the right bottom and then save on top
Yep, figured that out. Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 11:43 AM   #10
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Most things worked, but the HU_NBT2 threw errors. Even when I tried to load the oem ncd back into the system, it still threw errors.

I'm starting to think this version of E-Sys has issues with the latest ECU's. Now I want to flash everything back to stock (some way to reset everything) and start out slow.

I will say I did the vision hack and now both of my headlights point to the left and don't come back after you reach 30mph as suggested...just keeps looking left. If I make a right turn they swing from left to right and then back to left...make you dizzy. I was playing with this at 3AM this morning...long night.

So how do I reset the system?
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #11
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Most things worked, but the HU_NBT2 threw errors. Even when I tried to load the oem ncd back into the system, it still threw errors.

I'm starting to think this version of E-Sys has issues with the latest ECU's. Now I want to flash everything back to stock (some way to reset everything) and start out slow.

I will say I did the vision hack and now both of my headlights point to the left and don't come back after you reach 30mph as suggested...just keeps looking left. If I make a right turn they swing from left to right and then back to left...make you dizzy. I was playing with this at 3AM this morning...long night.

So how do I reset the system?
for HU_NBT2 you need the latest launcher
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=843950

Yes resetting to factory is really easy....
Just select the ECU you want to reset (i.e. HU_NBT2) and click "CODE" instead of CODE FDL.... BY NO REASON EVER CLICK "CODE DEFAULT VALUES"

Also make sure you don't code the whole ECU tree as you will be coding the DME module with the engine running and the car will shut off and throw errors
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 07:16 PM   #12
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Quote:
for HU_NBT2 you need the latest launcher
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=843950

Yes resetting to factory is really easy....
Just select the ECU you want to reset (i.e. HU_NBT2) and click "CODE" instead of CODE FDL.... BY NO REASON EVER CLICK "CODE DEFAULT VALUES"

Also make sure you don't code the whole ECU tree as you will be coding the DME module with the engine running and the car will shut off and throw errors
Yep, thanks...That's what I've done already...just didn't think it worked as it didn't take right away. Checked in 30 minutes and all was good. Now to work on the HU_NBT2 and start over.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 10:37 PM   #13
OpenAir
Captain
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW 228i  [0.00]
Just flashed everything back to OEM and all my changes have been corrected. Funny thing, I could code the HU_NBT2 without an issue, just can't do FDL coding.

Anyway, thanks for all the help shawnsheridan and pikcachu!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2015, 10:42 PM   #14
pikcachu
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Just flashed everything back to OEM and all my changes have been corrected. Funny thing, I could code the HU_NBT2 without an issue, just can't do FDL coding.

Anyway, thanks for all the help shawnsheridan and pikcachu!
Appreciate 0