E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Convenient Access Woe - (Comfort Access)

02-18-2008, 05:11 AM   #1
bob mushroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e90 320d MSport

Convenient Access Woe - (Comfort Access)

:

My understanding was that with this option if the keys were in the car you were unable to lock the doors....

After my experience on Saturday with my keys in the centre console and all doors locked (fortunately at home so spare was easy to locate) it would appear that is wrong.

Can anyone confirm? Can anyone shed light on how it could happen?

Before the I am unable to as away from the car at the moment.
      02-18-2008, 06:21 AM   #2
bob mushroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

So just found a collegue with a manual - no confirmation within about locking!

Can anyone advise?
      02-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #3
yatesey
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 320 SE cab

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob mushroom View Post
:

My understanding was that with this option if the keys were in the car you were unable to lock the doors....

After my experience on Saturday with my keys in the centre console and all doors locked (fortunately at home so spare was easy to locate) it would appear that is wrong.

Can anyone confirm? Can anyone shed light on how it could happen?

Before the I am unable to as away from the car at the moment.
strange!!!!......i cant lock my boot with the keys in (say in a kit bag!)..cos have tried it a cpl of times....ill try to lock the keys in , later at home...im sure it wudnt lock using CA cos it knew the keys were in last time!!..Ill let u know

"sex on legs!...well.. wheels!!..."
Appreciate 0
      02-18-2008, 05:20 PM   #4
bob mushroom
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by yatesey View Post
strange!!!!......i cant lock my boot with the keys in (say in a kit bag!)..cos have tried it a cpl of times....ill try to lock the keys in , later at home...im sure it wudnt lock using CA cos it knew the keys were in last time!!..Ill let u know
Yeah, the boot thingy has saved me a couple of times in the past before also!! I'd appreciate your findings as I have tried to recreate this evening in collegues car but cannot get it to lock.

I wonder if there is a time limit when it will automatically lock....?

More experimenting when I get back I feel