E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Any word on fuel pump issues?

02-15-2008, 04:08 PM   #1
JaMa
Boost Freak
Rep
Drives: 2008 VW R32

Any word on fuel pump issues?

All,

Has anyone heard *anything* from BMWNA about the ongoing issues with fuel pumps? I traded my '07 in because of several fuel pump failures and vowed not to get another one until they addressed it. My dealer is *completely clueless* about any updates and the only thing I have seen officially is a part number for the remanufactured pump.

I am right on the edge of pulling the trigger on another 335i, but I need to know if they are going to do anything about these issues at all.

Anyone?

J
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:14 PM   #2
sparkyg
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: A6 Allroad

The '08s are still failing. No good news. sorry
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
JaMa
Boost Freak
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyg View Post
The '08s are still failing. No good news. sorry
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:18 PM   #4
Dado
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11M3ZCP,'09Duc1198,Peterbilt

Nothing yet. There are different procedures that we at a dealer have to go through now and they are a little easier to get. Back in August it would take 30 or more days to get a pump. Right now I see an average of about a week from the time the car comes in. Usually we have to program it first and if that fails we go through other steps according to what PUMA recommends.
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:30 PM   #5
JaMa
Boost Freak
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado View Post
Nothing yet. There are different procedures that we at a dealer have to go through now and they are a little easier to get. Back in August it would take 30 or more days to get a pump. Right now I see an average of about a week from the time the car comes in. Usually we have to program it first and if that fails we go through other steps according to what PUMA recommends.
So, Can you enlighten us as to what is actually going wrong? What is the root cause of these problems?

I really want another BMW but like I said I am having a tough time pulling the trigger if I think a second car is going to leave me standing. Especially when I paid $45K for the car.

J
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
Dado
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11M3ZCP,'09Duc1198,Peterbilt

We don't get to open them up to see the exact cause of failure. We just send them back. There are cases in which a car will just run at reduced power and limp back to dealer and others are just completely dead.

Software has fixed the issue in some cases so it seems it's either software related or hardware related and the symptoms are the same.
Appreciate 0