BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BIMMERPOST Universal Forums Off-Topic Discussions Board    TERRORIST Identified in S. Carolina Church Massacre

06-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #1
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep
Drives: F01 & F15 / Mineral White

Exclamation TERRORIST Identified in S. Carolina Church Massacre

What a racist piece of evil scum this kid is... http://www.cnn.com/2015/06/18/us/cha...ing/index.html

Quote:
Charleston, South Carolina (CNN)[Latest developments]
Gunman said he was "at church to kill black people!"
• Dylann Roof, 21, of Lexington, South Carolina, is the suspect in Wednesday's deadly shooting at the Emanuel AME Church in Charleston, city police said Thursday. He may be driving a black Hyundai with vehicle tag LGF330, police said.

• Witnesses say the suspect stood up and said he was there "to shoot black people," a law enforcement official said. The shooter is also thought to have used a handgun, according to the official.

• The suspect is in his early 20s and stands 5 feet, 9 inches tall. "He has on a very distinctive sweatshirt as well as the vehicle, with a very distinctive license plate," the police chief said.

The white man who killed nine people at a historic African-American church in Charleston, South Carolina, told his victims he was there "to shoot black people," a law enforcement official said Thursday, citing witnesses to the shooting.

The suspect, identified as Dylann Roof, 21, of Lexington, South Carolina, was still at large on Thursday as law enforcement officers searched the region.

The man spent an hour in a prayer meeting at Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church on Wednesday night before he opened fire, Charleston police Chief Greg Mullen said Thursday morning.

A law enforcement official says witnesses told them the suspect stood up and said he was there "to shoot black people." The shooter is also believed to have used a handgun, according to the official.

Police were searching for information about Roof. A picture of him on social media showed him wearing a jacket with what appear to be the flags of apartheid-era South Africa and nearby Rhodesia, a former British colony that was ruled by a white minority until it became independent in 1980 and changed its name to Zimbabwe.
Mayor: Only motive to kill during church prayer is hate

Mayor: Only motive to kill during church prayer is hate 02:05

Six females and three males were killed, Mullen said. Three people survived, including a woman who received a chilling message from the shooter.

"Her life was spared, and (she was) told, I'm not going to kill you, I'm going to spare you, so you can tell them what happened," Charleston NAACP President Dot Scott told CNN. Scott said she heard this from the victims' family members.

Federal authorities have opened a hate crime investigation into the shooting at the oldest AME church in the South, the Department of Justice said.

"The only reason someone would walk into a church and shoot people that were praying is hate," Charleston Mayor Joe Riley said.

Among the victims was the church's politically active pastor, the Rev. Clementa Pinckney, his cousin, South Carolina state Sen. Kent Williams, told CNN.

There were 13 people inside the church when the shooting happened -- the shooter, the nine people who were killed and three survivors, South Carolina state Sen. Larry Grooms, who was briefed by law enforcement, told CNN. Two of the survivors were not harmed, he said.

It was not clear if the man targeted any individual.

"We don't know if anybody was targeted other than the church itself," Mullen said.

Historic significance

Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church has been a presence in Charleston since 1816, when African-American members of Charleston's Methodist Episcopal Church formed their own congregation after a dispute over burial grounds.

It was burned to the ground at one point, but rebuilt. Throughout its history, it overcame obstacle after obstacle -- destroyed by an earthquake, banned by the state. But its church members persevered, making it the largest African-American church in terms of seating space in Charleston today.

A storied church in a historic city

Mullen said video cameras at the church show the suspect is in his early 20s and stands 5 feet, 9 inches tall. Police said he may be driving a black Hyundai with vehicle tag LGF330, police said.

Police described the gunman as clean-shaven with a slender build and sandy blond hair. He was wearing a gray sweatshirt, blue jeans and Timberland boots.

On Thursday morning, police handed out images of the man and his car taken from surveillance footage and asked for the public's help in identifying him. Officials say they think he is still in the Charleston area, but they have contacted law enforcement authorities elsewhere to be on the lookout.

The face of EVIL:
      06-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #2
Delta0311
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi E92 2016 228xi

What he did is almost as fucked up as his haircut. Yeah he looks like a real winner.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:43 AM   #3
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

I wish we could instate the firing squad in our country..and each member would aim at one limb at a time. sequentially.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:45 AM   #4
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

So we have a kid with a haircut that I haven't seen since about 1995, and previously, not known since maybe 13th century France with a jacket wearing Apartheid flags.

Reportedly he was captured not too long ago in NC. Hope he never sees the light of day again.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:47 AM   #5
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Well said. I can only hope and dream of a Judicial System that delivers a "Swift and Proper Punishment" to asshole scum such as this: A swift guilty judgement - Public Torture and Execution. I am convinced much of these types of heinous crimes: Pedophiles, Rapists, Murderers, and the such would absolutely think twice before committing these crimes.

My God... In Church of all places???
      06-18-2015, 10:48 AM   #6
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
So we have a kid with a haircut that I haven't seen since about 1995, and previously, not known since maybe 13th century France with a jacket wearing Apartheid flags.

Reportedly he was captured not too long ago in NC. Hope he never sees the light of day again.
I was wondering what those were? Please detail?
      06-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #7
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXSTYLE View Post
African flags that were once under minority white British rule back in the day.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:51 AM   #8
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
They're in reference to the apartheid measures that South Africa took up until the mid 90's. They were laws that reinforced white power and measures were taken to ensure white people stayed in power, basically by segregating and marginalizing black people which resulted in a ton of violence and killings of black people.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:55 AM   #9
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

Quote:

Did he come out of a fucking time machine ?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 10:57 AM   #10
Low Gravity
Private
Rep
Drives: 435i, 135i, s52 325is

Never trust anyone with "storm" as their middle name
      06-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #11
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Gravity View Post
Never trust anyone with "storm" as their middle name
1. "Storm" middle name
2. A bowl cut
3. Drives an old Hyundai Elantra

Everything about this man screams "DO NOT TRUST".
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:00 AM   #12
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Terrorist is the wrong word here, as I doubt he had political aims. I think "deranged racist gunman" is more appropriate.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #13
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by P1et View Post
Terrorist is the wrong word here, as I doubt he had political aims. I think "deranged racist gunman" is more appropriate.
Meh, eliminating a specific race for the perceived "greater good" could be defined as political.

Either way, how you classify it IMO doesn't matter. This waste of life killed 9 innocent lives based on their race. He needs to be punished to the full extent of the law.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:03 AM   #14
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Thumbs down

Quote:
They're in reference to the apartheid measures that South Africa took up until the mid 90's. They were laws that reinforced white power and measures were taken to ensure white people stayed in power, basically by segregating and marginalizing black people which resulted in a ton of violence and killings of black people.
Woooooooooooow.... What a serious piece of work this asshole is.

Apparently, S. Carolina is a "Capital of sorts for White Supremacists":
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/cha...s-splc-n377516

Quote:
South Carolina is home to 19 known hate groups — including two factions of the Ku Klux Klan and four "white nationalist" organizations!
So I was wondering how on earth can this be??? The answer is very simple:

South Carolina is one of only five states that does not have a hate crimes law.
      06-18-2015, 11:06 AM   #15
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Woooooooooooow.... What a serious piece of work this asshole is.

Apparently, S. Carolina is a "Capital of sorts for White Supremacists":
http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/cha...s-splc-n377516

So I was wondering how on earth can this be??? The answer is very simple:

South Carolina is one of only five states that does not have a hate crimes law.
Surprisingly, on a per capita SC is rather tame:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...crime/?hpid=z2

Look at ol Montana...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:08 AM   #16
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Lightbulb

Quote:
Sorry bro. That is EXACTLY what he is and how he or ANY such mass murderer should be labeled. Just like the Boston bombing assholes.

I know we all prefer not to delve into "racism issues" due to the 'highly emotional and yes, political nature'. But this is an act of Terrorism.

As defined by our very own FBI:

Quote:
"Domestic terrorism" means activities with the following three characteristics:

Involve acts dangerous to human life that violate federal or state law;
Appear intended (i) to intimidate or coerce a civilian population; (ii) to influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion; or (iii) to affect the conduct of a government by mass destruction, assassination. or kidnapping; and
Occur primarily within the territorial jurisdiction of the U.S.
      06-18-2015, 11:12 AM   #17
F30lolz
I can haz cheezburger?
Rep
Drives: 14 Sahara/08 335xi/22 Maverick

Garage List
He is in custody.
Appreciate 1
      06-18-2015, 11:13 AM   #18
TXSTYLE
"Salud"
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30lolz View Post
He is in custody.
I am astonished he didn't go out "guns blazing and suicide"....
      06-18-2015, 11:32 AM   #19
Delta0311
Banned
Rep

I take it he got that haircut at a all black barber shop. Then he went on a mission of revenge. That has to be the only logical explanation. Damn this dude looks fucking nuts.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:37 AM   #20
P1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2004 3/4 ton Duramax

Quote:
Meh, eliminating a specific race for the perceived "greater good" could be defined as political.

Either way, how you classify it IMO doesn't matter. This waste of life killed 9 innocent lives based on their race. He needs to be punished to the full extent of the law.
It's hard for me to figure out what goes through someone's mind when planning something like this. He's obviously upset with black people, but I'd think he'd be upset with a few black people specifically. Why not go after them, as opposed to innocent black people at church?
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 11:43 AM   #21
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
It's hard for me to figure out what goes through someone's mind when planning something like this. He's obviously upset with black people, but I'd think he'd be upset with a few black people specifically. Why not go after them, as opposed to innocent black people at church?
Kind of similar to when all the blacks were rioting in protest and looting innocent white business owners in Missouri. There really is no real reason why other than just an immense amount of harbored anger that ends up being taken out on everyone, regardless of whether they are innocent or not.

It's how they send their "message", as illogical as it is.
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 12:42 PM   #22
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

Quote:
I am astonished he didn't go out "guns blazing and suicide"....
And his trial won't start till about 2018 or 2019. He may get death penalty. If so, by the time they execute him, it'll probably be 2030.