F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > E92 M3 OEM Exhaust Mod
Studio RSR

06-16-2015, 08:43 PM   #1
bertbert
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

E92 M3 OEM Exhaust Mod

hi guys,

first post here.

just wondering if anyone did the mod as the title suggests. any exhaust shop you can refer me to? i am in sydney..

[

cheers,

bert
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 09:02 PM   #2
Stuart@BMRAutowerkes
Major General
Rep
Drives: a black car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertbert View Post
hi guys,

first post here.

just wondering if anyone did the mod as the title suggests. any exhaust shop you can refer me to? i am in sydney..

cheers,

bert
I can't help you with the above, but I can price you on a new exhaust from a range of suppliers including Akrapovic, Innotech, Supersprint if you wanted to consider something like that.

Alternatively try the M3 section of the forums: http://www.m3post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=164

In fact there is a guy there that did this mod and is now looking to swap back to a standard one because he found it too loud, see this thread: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1130593
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 02:27 AM   #3
bertbert
Rep

Thanks Stuart.

I like Akra and i quoted somewhere before... it is like 1/10 of my ride....

i can't justify it even though the current budget allow me to do the full deduction against my income......

Please PM me your thoughts...

Cheers...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 04:04 AM   #4
woosh
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: rs

What's your budget for the mod?
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 08:07 AM   #5
bertbert
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by woosh View Post
What's your budget for the mod?
i don't have a specific budget to be honest, but adding Akra, iPE, Armytrix, HMS , Meisterschaft or whatso ever cost above $5000 only for the rear end ex fitting.. sometimes i am thinking, is it worth it only for the sound????

yes, paper tells me the performance gain... but how many people (including myself) could ever fully unleash the stock M3.....

yes, i wanna have a tax deduction prior 30/06.. but somehow it holds me back...

life is full of dilemma.. sorry i whinge a bit here... have been a long day at work...
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #6
x328x
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 328i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by bertbert View Post
i don't have a specific budget to be honest, but adding Akra, iPE, Armytrix, HMS , Meisterschaft or whatso ever cost above $5000 only for the rear end ex fitting.. sometimes i am thinking, is it worth it only for the sound????

yes, paper tells me the performance gain... but how many people (including myself) could ever fully unleash the stock M3.....

yes, i wanna have a tax deduction prior 30/06.. but somehow it holds me back...

life is full of dilemma.. sorry i whinge a bit here... have been a long day at work...
Out of curiosity what line of work are u in where you can claim your exhaust modification as a deduction.....or is it "repair and maintenance"
Appreciate 0
      06-18-2015, 06:51 AM   #7
bertbert
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x328x View Post
Out of curiosity what line of work are u in where you can claim your exhaust modification as a deduction.....or is it "repair and maintenance"
I am running an accountancy practice..... and yes, it is definitely a "repair & maintenance" item.. not need to capitalise it... but be aware of the FBT issue thought... you have to massage the argument with the ATO if you get asked...
Appreciate 0