THE LARGEST BMW 2-SERIES FORUM ON THE PLANET
2Addicts
2Addicts
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
2Addicts | BMW 2-Series forum BMW 2 Series (F22) Forum Regional Forums CANADA outrage shell v power cost

06-15-2015, 05:16 PM   #1
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 530i

outrage shell v power cost

All I here about on these threads how great shell v power is. So I have been using for past while don't notice too much diff milage or power in my car compared to other 91 octane brands. However lately on comparing prices these guys are the highest cost you can get. The spread between 87 and 91 at loblaw gas is 12 cents liter ...at petro or easy I see 14 to 16 but at shell it has gone from 16 cent spread to 20 cents now. Win a new bmw or not ....nitrogen plus or not 8 cents more than loblaw a liter 91 is robbery plus running 91 from loblaw I have not had any problem power wise or fuel efficiency...plus I get 4 cents back for food if I so desire !
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
If you don't think a product is worth it then don't buy it...

Where i am Shell premium is priced the same as basically anywhere else so that's what i use.
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #3
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Yeah and you pay the lowest gas prices in the country, no GST. But anyway it was just my notion to see why there is a 20cent spread with shell to regular vs others that are max 16 cents vs regular. This article answers some of my question:

http://www.lfpress.com/2015/06/15/wh...nly-months-ago
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 07:57 AM   #4
Killramos
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: '19 M2 '21 X5

Garage List
We most definitely pay GST in Alberta... Its a federal tax.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 10:31 AM   #5
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

I meant a PST. But who knows what that NDP outfit has up their sleeves...you are already getting tax hikes on people making 125k+ . This the only thing leftist gov know how to do tax tax tax.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 12:35 PM   #6
cbbplanet
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: space shuttle

I'm in Los Angeles, where gas are priced higher than most cities and I did not notice any difference in pricing for Shell vs other gas stations.

But of course, if you are comparing Shell to a cheap gas station like Arco, then clearly there's a difference.

Also, there's a law where you price things in accordance with what's reasonable to your operating cost. They can't just decide to sell gas at higher price because they want to. The higher price from Shell might be because they recently introduce Shell V Power Nitro+ fuels.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2015, 04:10 PM   #7
dalrx
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Well in this city london ontario strange pricing going on. There is a large % of luxury brand cars around and plenty of shell stations through the city. I only paid attention as I was filling v power the last while and just thought it odd they would bump v power up another cent per liter vs reg or mid grade. 20 cents more per liter for supreme vs reg is too extreme...I filled up today at loblaws with supreme 1.288 liter and v power is sitting at 1.409 per liter. And the loblaw 91 has no ethanol and comes from esso here. Knowing no ethanol in their 91 I am going to run this fro here on until my lease goes back..gas milage is not reduced and neither is power and I save 12 cents per liter vs shell ....off course I could afford shell no issue...for me it's the principle all they are doing is marketing with the new v power...and off course now bmw uses and advertises shell oils and gasoline to use....screw that.
Appreciate 0