Mo Reviews
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > BMW F80 M3 / F82 M4 Forum > Regional Forums > USA - New England

06-14-2015, 10:02 PM   #1
patman35
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Anyone have Sakhir Orange in Mass / NH ?

Hey guys,

Just placed an order for a 2016 M3, so I am very excited! I put it in the system as Mineral Gray, but also looking at Sakhir Orange - but would like to see one before I decide. Does anyone have one that I could come see?

By the way, the deal was $1,500 over invoice, so not sure what others have done in the area, but I was happy.

Thanks, and now the waiting begins.....
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 05:14 PM   #2
goneloco
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2019 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
I've seen that Nick Murray is planning a gathering in July. He has an SO M4.
2003 M3 Coupe (Sold)
1998 M3 Sedan (RIP)
Appreciate 0
      06-16-2015, 07:25 PM   #3
patman35
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW M3

Thanks, I'll look for him on the board and see about this.

Pat
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 09:24 AM   #4
dpmenzer
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M6

I have a SO, it is due to arrive at Peabody BMW in about 12 days. I did an ED on the car, and the color is amazing, it changes tint much more than any color I have seen. Tinges of yellow to red. More than happy to meet once it shows up.
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #5
eyedogtor
Rep
Drives: 2016 SO M3

Thanks to all who answered. I was able to see one at Turner Motor-Sports - and I loved it, so I changed my order.

Now the wait begins!

Pat
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 02:38 PM   #6
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2017 M4

Instead of creating a new thread, I figured I'd just add to this one.

Anyone have an SO M4 (or M3) in Southern NH or Northern MA? I'm trying to decide if I want to go SO, or maybe Valencia Orange Individual (if that's even possible).

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 03:41 PM   #7
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdkinnh View Post

Anyone have an SO M4 (or M3) in Southern NH or Northern MA? I'm trying to decide if I want to go SO, or maybe Valencia Orange Individual (if that's even possible).

Thanks!
Not sure what you need, but I'll say that SO is indeed an orange reddish colour. Definitely not red, more of an orange. I bought SO without ever having seen it. I absolutely love it. Everyone loves it and I have a Yas F80 in full leather. At night or cloudy days it can look red. In fact it basically is red.....that is until you see the colour red and then you're like "oh, this thing is very orangey".

But unless you don't like a bright colour and you absolutely have to have a certain red, I am sure you will like it. I love the vibrant tone and actually prefer it now that I have it to what is a true red colour. BMW was genius with this colour option. It is very unique and no other "red" interior looks like it.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 03:50 PM   #8
NHman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4 Prestige

Quote:

Thanks!
I have a SO M4 and live in Southern NH. I love the color. Not sure where you live but I would be willing to meet you somewhere.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 05:24 PM   #9
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
Not sure what you need, but I'll say that SO is indeed an orange reddish colour.... It is very unique and no other "red" interior looks like it.
Thanks for the reply, but I'm interested in the SO exterior, not interior (sorry, I should have been more clear).
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 05:41 PM   #10
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
I have a SO M4 and live in Southern NH. I love the color. Not sure where you live but I would be willing to meet you somewhere.
Awesome! I was hoping there was one in the neighborhood. Exterior SO, right?

I'm in Nashua, but I'll travel so I can see it before I order. PM me any day, time, and location, and I'll be there.

I can't imagine I'd take more than 10 minutes of your time; I just don't like the idea of ordering a color I've never seen in person..

Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 05:47 PM   #11
Blksnowflake
Mlightened
United_States
Rep
Drives: Yaz M3

Quote:
Thanks for the reply, but I'm interested in the SO exterior, not interior (sorry, I should have been more clear).
lol, my fault too. I've seen SO many times in person. Mostly reddish except under direct sunlight. It's an incredible colour and rather classy. But for me I couldn't do SO in and out and the interior was more important.

Unless you have something against orange or are hard up for something distinctly reddish, you will love this colour. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 05:51 PM   #12
NHman
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S4 Prestige

Quote:
Awesome! I was hoping there was one in the neighborhood. Exterior SO, right?

I'm in Nashua, but I'll travel so I can see it before I order. PM me any day, time, and location, and I'll be there.

I can't imagine I'd take more than 10 minutes of your time; I just don't like the idea of ordering a color I've never seen in person..

Thanks!
Yes SO exterior with carbon fiber roof and the ZCP package. I can understand your reservation of not ordering a color until seen with your own eyes. Though I should be with a decent amount of sunlight.

I'll send you a PM.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 05:56 PM   #13
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blksnowflake View Post
lol, my fault too. I've seen SO many times in person. Mostly reddish except under direct sunlight. It's an incredible colour and rather classy. But for me I couldn't do SO in and out and the interior was more important.

Unless you have something against orange or are hard up for something distinctly reddish, you will love this colour. Good luck.
I don't have anything against orange, for sure - I'm wondering if it's orange enough for me! I've seen dozens of pictures of SO, and it looks different in each one.

I saw a thread that compared SO, Valencia Orange, and Fire Orange. FO is a bit too bright for me, so it's either SO or VO individual (unless BMW would reject that on an M4).
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2016, 05:58 PM   #14
bdkinnh
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHman View Post
Yes SO exterior with carbon fiber roof and the ZCP package. I can understand your reservation of not ordering a color until seen with your own eyes. Though I should be with a decent amount of sunlight.

I'll send you a PM.
That's almost the exact thing I'd be getting, so that's perfect!

Thanks!
Appreciate 0