Autotalent
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   BMW M3 and BMW M4 Forum > Classifieds > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

05-29-2015, 12:49 PM   #1
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 M4

Crevier BMW is seriously the best

So I just got my new M4 on Tuesday. when I was dealing with them about the car I had asked if they could swap out the wheels on the one I wanted, which had the lighter wheels, for the darker ones. they had another M4 with the darker ones. they originally said they couldn't. oh well right? I'm still getting a M4! hahaha so I was cleaning out all the paperwork from the glove box and I was taking a look at the paper that they put in the window with all the options. I noticed that it said it was supposed to have come with the black wheels. so I called this morning and sent them pictures and they told me to come by and they'd swap them out. my new baby looks even better now! hahaha so excited!
      05-29-2015, 12:54 PM   #2
rr006rbc
Colonel
Rep
Drives: '23 M440i GC

Well, technically they screwed up lol. And they're just correcting the mistake they made by making you happy.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2015, 12:56 PM   #3
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rr006rbc
Well, technically they screwed up lol. And they're just correcting the mistake they made by making you happy.
I think it's just great customer service. I've had some pretty bad experiences in the past with dealerships. so I'm super happy they did this
      05-29-2015, 12:58 PM   #4
Onewheeldrive
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 MG M4

That's so funny, the exact same thing happened to me at Crevier, but they blamed the dealer they dealer-traded with. They made it right, of course, but a less savvy buyer may have missed it...

'13 F10 M5 - Dinan S2 Tune - Dinan Intake - Dinan Coilovers - Evolution RW Downpipes - Custom Exhaust Cutouts
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 12:59 PM   #5
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: YMB F82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder View Post
So I just got my new M4 on Tuesday. when I was dealing with them about the car I had asked if they could swap out the wheels on the one I wanted, which had the lighter wheels, for the darker ones. they had another M4 with the darker ones. they originally said they couldn't. oh well right? I'm still getting a M4! hahaha so I was cleaning out all the paperwork from the glove box and I was taking a look at the paper that they put in the window with all the options. I noticed that it said it was supposed to have come with the black wheels. so I called this morning and sent them pictures and they told me to come by and they'd swap them out. my new baby looks even better now! hahaha so excited!

So basically they made a mistake by giving you the wrong wheels.. when they realized that they made a legal mistake by literarily giving you the wrong option on the car that you have paid for then 'decided' to finally give you what you actually paid for. Not sure why this makes them any good, they refused to help you at first they only did so because thats what the actual car is suppose to come with per the sticker you found or else they can even get into legal matters for selling you a car with the wrong things in it.

Crevier was by far one of the worst dealers we dealt with, we have bought 2 brand new BMWs within the past 12 month and both times when we were searching Creiver was extremely unhelpful and not welling to work with us. Of course, they have the right to do so if they don't want to give us a certain price (which other dealers gave very openly) thats completely fine and I understand that business is business. But it got to the point where a 'sales person' which shall remain nameless started telling us "oh no this car is out of your budget" because he wanted to rip us off with a ridiculous so called 'deal' that we refused to take. Buddy, if you are ever browsing this forum, you are the reason you lost two extra sales this year.

And on top of that, when we were in the market for our most recent BMW (an M4) their attitude had not changed, they even refused to let us test drive the car before the purchase even after agreeing on numbers and everything. I am sure not everyone's experience is the same but just because I didn't show up in a suit and tie doesn't mean I am broke and they should treat all their customers with respect which is something some (I don't want to say all since I've only dealt with a few of their sales people) of their sales personnel should really get trained on.

anyway - aside from the terrible experience we've had I am glad yours wasn't as bad and you got what you wanted
Hope you enjoy your new beast!
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2015, 01:18 PM   #6
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

So, they swapped the black wheels that originally shipped on your car with silver ones to appease another buyer, and now they've done the same thing for you with the other M4 still on the lot. How many times will the silver wheels be passed around before someone finally accepts them without realizing they should be getting the black ones?
Appreciate 3
      05-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #7
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post
So, they swapped the black wheels that originally shipped on your car with silver ones to appease another buyer, and now they've done the same thing for you with the other M4 still on the lot. How many times will the silver wheels be passed around before someone finally accepts them without realizing they should be getting the black ones?

I have yet to see an F8x without the black wheels (I haven't seen that many in general but still).
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:22 PM   #8
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer
Quote:

So basically they made a mistake by giving you the wrong wheels.. when they realized that they made a legal mistake by literarily giving you the wrong option on the car that you have paid for then 'decided' to finally give you what you actually paid for. Not sure why this makes them any good, they refused to help you at first they only did so because thats what the actual car is suppose to come with per the sticker you found or else they can even get into legal matters for selling you a car with the wrong things in it.

Crevier was by far one of the worst dealers we dealt with, we have bought 2 brand new BMWs within the past 12 month and both times when we were searching Creiver was extremely unhelpful and not welling to work with us. Of course, they have the right to do so if they don't want to give us a certain price (which other dealers gave very openly) thats completely fine and I understand that business is business. But it got to the point where a 'sales person' which shall remain nameless started telling us "oh no this car is out of your budget" because he wanted to rip us off with a ridiculous so called 'deal' that we refused to take. Buddy, if you are ever browsing this forum, you are the reason you lost two extra sales this year.

And on top of that, when we were in the market for our most recent BMW (an M4) their attitude had not changed, they even refused to let us test drive the car before the purchase even after agreeing on numbers and everything. I am sure not everyone's experience is the same but just because I didn't show up in a suit and tie doesn't mean I am broke and they should treat all their customers with respect which is something some (I don't want to say all since I've only dealt with a few of their sales people) of their sales personnel should really get trained on.

anyway - aside from the terrible experience we've had I am glad yours wasn't as bad and you got what you wanted
Hope you enjoy your new beast!
yeah sorry you had such bad experiences. this is my 4th car from them and they've always been amazing.

and I know they made the mistake, but the fact that they were so nice about fixing was great. some dealerships would have just been like it was a misprint or something. and honestly I would have expected that. and I wood have seat with it and still loved my car. hahaha but the fact that they were super good about it is really good customer service to me. funny that the right thing to do is considered good customer service, but these days.... customer service is lacking almost everywhere. so I was super pleased.
      05-29-2015, 01:24 PM   #9
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer View Post
I have yet to see an F8x without the black wheels (I haven't seen that many in general but still).
That's too bad because most of the colors look better with the silver wheels.
I'm old school and think that the black wheels look like someone stole your hub caps.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:29 PM   #10
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4
Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer View Post
That's too bad because most of the colors look better with the silver wheels.
I'm old school and think that the black wheels look like someone stole your hub caps.
the Sakhir orange just looks sooooo good with the darker wheels
      05-29-2015, 01:35 PM   #11
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
the Sakhir orange just looks sooooo good with the darker wheels
That is a personal choice and taste. I have a Sakhir Orange M4 and love the silver wheels on it. I am really not a dark wheel fan, especially when looking at the car from more than 20 feet away.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:36 PM   #12
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

To be honest the dark wheels are less attractive to me personally when they are dirty but I try to clean them daily now and its making me love them more and more. I just love their shine over the silver wheels.

idk what it is, clean dark wheels look better to me than clean silver wheels. But again its just personal preference lol
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:37 PM   #13
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDBimmer
To be honest the dark wheels are less attractive to me personally when they are dirty but I try to clean them daily now and its making me love them more and more. I just love their shine over the silver wheels.

idk what it is, clean dark wheels look better to me than clean silver wheels. But again its just personal preference lol
yeah totally. the silver ones just look cheaper to me for some reason hahaha
      05-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #14
x.shell
▆ ✚✚   ▆▆▆▆▆▆
Rep
Drives: ▋ ▉▉

OP, if you had a good experience with your dealer then good for you. It's always nice to have a good relationship with a dealer.

I find that every dealer has an equal amount of praise and criticism. I've had good experiences with dealers that others on this forum have had horrible experiences with and vice versa. This also applies to aftermarket shops and manufacturers. There are some shops I'll never go to and some brands I'll never buy from because of my experience(s) with them; even though countless people praise them. My hair bristles when I read a "This shop is amazing" thread when that is shop I utterly hate.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #15
sdshah
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: F85 | Panamera GTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duder
I would have been livid and asked for more free shit. You serious? They purposely tried to screw you and when you asked they still made some shit up. If you don't think they knew this the whole time you don't know dealerships.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:41 PM   #16
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
I love my cheaper looking M4, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #17
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ex o
OP, if you had a good experience with your dealer then good for you. It's always nice to have a good relationship with a dealer.

I find that every dealer has an equal amount of praise and criticism. I've had good experiences with dealers that others on this forum have had horrible experiences with and vice versa. This also applies to aftermarket shops and manufacturers. There are some shops I'll never go to and some brands I'll never buy from because of my experience(s) with them; even though countless people praise them. My hair bristles when I read a "This shop is amazing" thread when that is shop I utterly hate.
sorry. just thought I'd share my good experience. was super happy about it.
      05-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #18
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4
Quote:
hahahaha I would have LOVED my M4 with either of them.
      05-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #19
VDBimmer
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Don't take it personally, cheaper looking wheels in someone eyes could look like the most expensive wheels ever in someone else's. As long as you like them nothing else matters

beauty is relevant to the eye of the beholder
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2015, 01:44 PM   #20
BwoodBMW
Colonel
Rep
Drives: EFFEIGHTY

Quote:
thats interesting because the dark wheels look so much cheaper to me... I guess thats why they gave us both options.
Appreciate 1
      05-29-2015, 01:47 PM   #21
yaymitch
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2CS & 2022 RSQ8

It's amazing how consumers nowadays expect so little from vendors. Maybe that's why customer service is so bad these days. I guess they've just worn us down. If they did that to me, I would want them to compensate me for my inconvenience of having the proper wheels put back on my car. Free tank of gas or something. The bottom line is that they tried to pull one over on you by hoping you didn't notice that your car came with the black wheels. Another shady dealer move.

Glad you're happy but I'm sure some people won't darken their doorstep after reading your post.
      05-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #22
Duder
Second Lieutenant
Rep

this is it =)
Attached Images